Quote:

Quote:

be very carefull buying on price alone.
When it comes to weatherstriping make sure you get Metro Super soft or Steele Rubber products.
DO NOT use Soffseal for anything weatherstriping related, you will be sorry.

Really? Lea from Dixie restorations suggests some Soffseal items and some Metro stuff. She said she does that based on her research on what fits better from each company so it might depend on what seal you're buying. I haven't installed any of my seals yet so I can't speak from experience yet.

Yes, we've been selling different brands depending on the applications for years. Often times people prefer one over another due to personal preferences. While in Product Development at Year One, we tested Metro and Soffseal to see whose was the best fitting on a 69 Charger. We did this so we could buy from one vendor to get a better margin. During the research, one guy preferred one brand for various reasons and the other perferred the other for different reasons. This was the mid-1990's and no decision was ever made to use only one vendor. No one company covered all the applications either. Of course, as the ever popular saying goes, "that was then, this is now."

Unfortunately, we've noticed that lately the quality of Soffseal products isn't what it used to be. I'm not sure if they've changed their chemical formualation or what. Going forward we will sell Metro instead of Soffseal for most applications. As always we value customer feedback to know how a part fits and functions. I recommend everyone let a manufacturer know if they aren't satisfed with a part, and why, so they can correct it. If a manufacturer choose's not to, then it leaves the door open for competition. Most big manufacturer's don't know a Cuda from a Camaro, so if a customer never says anything, then they can't fix it. When sales slow, they think there is no market for that brand of car and don't make any new parts. Ok, I'm getting off topic here a little. So, to bring it back, we sell many brands depending on fit and quality. Some, like the trunk w/s mentioned above, is private label. We do have some old Soffseal w/s that is good, so if you want a deal, give us a buzz. New inventory will be Metro until something better comes along. At which point, we will switch to it, so we can always provide the best quality.

Thanks !

Randy

Dixie Restoration Parts
Phone -(770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-5pm EST
email: mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price.