Quote:

Classic Industries has a 20% off going on right now, you might want to check with them again. Ronnie

Classic Industries is selling gaskets sets from some snakes that bought a bunch of my kits a couple years ago to copy. When I was at Carlisle last summer I saw thier kits and they STILL had some of our original pieces in them (yep I can tell) as well as some SoffSeal gaskets and some mirror gaskets that couldn't even pass as rejects.

Unfortunately Year One sells thier stuff too. The reason both Classic and Year One sell thier gaskets is because this company makes a bunch of Cheby pieces like battery tray and fan shrounds so they already have an in. If you actually try to buy one of thier gasket kits from Classic or Year One they "aren't in stock". The one I bought to check out took a MONTH to get. My kits ship next day usually PLUS I'm a car guy, not some big faceless company. I have reverese engineered and hand test fit every single gasket I sell so it fits better than OEM.

PS I had the exact same experience with weatherstrips as Bill when doing my own 71 Challenger. Also the 71 Challenger Soffseal gasket kit was SO BAD I laughed and threw it in the trash. That kit, 7 years ago, is what got me started making better gaskets. Guess thats what happens when you become a big company and a set of calipers no longer fits your hand, you forget about quality.