Quote:

Quote:

be very carefull buying on price alone.
When it comes to weatherstriping make sure you get Metro Super soft or Steele Rubber products.
DO NOT use Soffseal for anything weatherstriping related, you will be sorry.

Really? Lea from Dixie restorations suggests some Soffseal items and some Metro stuff. She said she does that based on her research on what fits better from each company so it might depend on what seal you're buying. I haven't installed any of my seals yet so I can't speak from experience yet.

This was on a 1970 Cuda.

Roofrail seals ( soffseal) were to hard. when you tried to adjust the door and 1/4 glass they would push the glass out instead of alowing the glass to press into the seals .
I tried for the better part of 8 hours to adjust glass to weatherstrip seal.

I put the metro roofrail weatherstriping on and had all 4 pieces of glass adjusted in under 2 hours.

Door seals were also to hard, and would pop the door open with force as soon as you pulled the handle up. Replaced them with Metro and now once you pull the handle up you have to pull the doors open.

trunk seal, also a soffseal piece was so hard it would raise the decklid almost a 1/2" at the front corners IF you got it closed.
And you had to litterly stand on the decklid or slam it hard to get the lid to latch.

I pulled it off, replaced it with the metro piece, and although I don't think it's as easy or nice as NOS originals, it was WAY better than the soffseal weatherstriping for fit and ease to close the decklid.

Soffseal is less than 45 minutes from me, and I will never use them again.

I had talked to Randy and Lea about the trunk seal weatherstripng and he tells me it's neither Metro, Steele or soffseal and he swears it's as close to factory original as one can get. But I have not used it yet. Next one I need , I'm going to try it.