Quote:

Troy how is this seal holding up ? I was told by the shop I have been going to recently that these seals are made of something like fiberglass and don't work very well. They suggested that I get rope seals from Best Gasket, they are a graphite material but they are not cheap. I just ordered them from Egge Machine , can not buy directly from Best, 25.12 each ... OUCH

i believe you are correct on the fiberglass make up. i installed one in an engine 11 years ago, and it's leaking, started about six months after installation. i installed this felpro in my same hemi combo as troy, but it leaked. i probably chalk that one up to installer error, even though i thought it looked good upon install and later, removal.

i also installed one of the graphite ropes in my gto, (had VERY troublesome problems getting any seal to work, so i went to the graphite rope), and it has been great. that being said, i firmly believe in the graphite rope. i could not drag the graphite rope seal into/around the hemi crank like the fiber ones, so beware if that is your plan, they don't really like being installed that way, crank out worked best for me, as per the instructions as well.....

D