Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

how much lift can the dog bone handle?

We need a sticky thread. I don't know if I should start a new post or try to keep everything together

I want to build a 450 to 500 5.7 to put in my daily driver. It has to run on the crapiest gas around. 5.7 with a 6.4 crank maybe a 6.1 cam or 6.4 I know the 6.4 cam wont fit aftermarket with the same lift and duration.
This is the question. What head to run I have new 5.7 eagle heads and apache heads the apache is out do to my opinion that it is to big for my application or am I wrong?
So 2003 to 2008 5.7 or eagle head which would be the best head for my combo Please factor in the cost of rebuilding the non eagle head.

Matt, We made the most power from P&P 5.7 heads with lower flow #'s at .600" lift vs P&P 6.1 heads. Stock Eagle heads would be the next choice than the Apache's. Stock Eagles flow better under .400" than stock Apache's.

Here's a pic of an engine dyno sheet showing the ported 5.7 kicks the ported 6.1. BTW the ported 5.7 had 2.05" int/1.57" exh.

is that different engines or the same one and what size engine?

FWIW, stock windage tray doesnt fit a stroker. is there a windage tray part number for the 6.4 yet?

One engine a 418 and the other a 419. Same build, same cam spec's, except the 418 is on a 112 lsa and the 419 on a 114, same compression, same fuel and timing curve, same dyno.

We modify a stock windage tray to clearence the rod bolts on a stroker. May be able to use a 6.4 windage tray or buy an after market version.

Jerry Williams.