Quote:

Thanks for the info. I'm going to check out some local pick-a-part wrecking yards. I'm sure I can find a set of 302's. What is going price for basically a "core" set of heads? I'd like to go to a 11/32 stem valve and increase intake and exhaust dia. But that starts Adding $$ up qucik witht he extra machine work. Kind of defeats the intent. But I'll port match, and blend the bowls. Maybe have them surfaced. Run the thinner head gasket? Should work better then the stock 76 318 heads. Josh-

well, magnums are 1.92/1.625 with 5/16" valve stems already...I personally wouldn't sweat it if you did get a pair that was cracked (mine off a '94 5.2L weren't), as long as there are no water leaks when pressure tested

once you get into new (smaller stem) valves, and the corresponding new valve guides, machine work, and a new spring package for a hotter cam, you might as well get these: hughes LA intake "Iron Ram" enginequest heads

granted, 2 years ago, they were $150/pr cheaper....

depending on what they used for a spring package, these may not be a bad deal, either. just stay away from the really cheap "New" magnum heads on ebay, those are a chinese pro-comp head, very poor quality.

Last edited by patrick; 08/26/11 02:11 PM.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)