Quote:

Quote:

It is a Dataquest by altronics.

There is no shifting. pulling off the line in 3rd (dirrect). The differentials are REALLY low gearing. Usually have a final gear ratio of 21-1 to around 23-1

Since your reading a data logger what does it say it
is at about 5000 rpm... if its a 2800 stall or so
it should show about the same.... to be honest I've
never seen (or heard of) 2% slippage... unless some
numbers are wrong..... I have a driveshaft sensor
so it is a direct relation to the engine rpm... the
engine rpm is X and the driveshaft is X = the conv
slippage

I understand what you mean. The data logger won't tell me the right slippage because my driveshaft sensor is on my lower driveshaft. Not the one coming right out of the engine. I need a full shield around my top driveshaft (trans to transfer case) so i couldn't put the sensor there. So all my data logger is properly telling me is the MPH of the tire speed. When it tries to calculate the slip on its own its calculating it from just the 6:80 gears in the differentials and not the reduction in the transfer case also.

If i tell it the final ratio it will get the slippage right maybe but then the mph wrong. I've called altronics and they were working on an idea how to fix my problem so it would read both properly without being on the top driveshaft.

So when i calculate the slippage I take the MPH of the tire that the Data logger is telling me. Then im dividing by the speed they should be turning if there was 0 slip.

Isn't it true though that a lower stall converter will have less slip at higher RPM's then if it was a 5000 stall? i just remember hearing that somewhere.