i really dont know the hp of this motor but i do know they run like helllllllll..my buddy has a 499 in a 73/74 cuda is about 2800lbs and goes 5.30 1/8 mile and 9.0 in the 1/4......my brother in law had a 451 herb mac. motor with 6.20 on a 9" slick stock susp. in a 73 duster full body no pass. and back seat and with iron -1 headsd, with fiberglass bumper in the front,buddy from maryland (rodman) has been 9.0and high 8's with a 499 sr heads in a daytonya body..... now i know these guys are doing it and have seen it first hand...now that 400 blocks except the 451 that herb did thats a 440 block car is still going today been doing it for the last 7yrs that i can remember.....i know its pushing the block to the max but there is alot of guys here and all over thats doing it with no problems........and i understand why spent now in a stock block instead buy a race but funds want let me buy a race block now do i will not have a chassis to use the power i can make..i'll be spinning the power and bearings down the track....i think i need to go body first and build whatever hp i can get with what i have and work on the motor (block) from there........as said before you can have all the power in the world but if you cannt get it to the ground it aint no good to you....