Quote:

Quote:

I have a '04 1/2 2500 CTD, 4x4, 4door, lareme, long bed with 34k miles and i never drive it cause the mileage sucks. I check mileage by topping the tank to the rim for accuracy in calculation. The best i ever got is 13.5 mpg, down to 10mpg towing a flat front enclosed 8'x 20' at about 6700lbs loaded with car. My daily driver is a '06 Honda civic(yes i admit it and love it) 30mpg city, close to 40mpg highway!!......I need to talk to a guy about such bad mileage with the CTD. I was expecting minimum 18mpg unloaded and better on the highway. I know someone with a '06 3500 dually CTD and gets 18mpg all day long................My '98 1500 Dodge 2wd, 318/auto, short box, with 50k miles on it got 9.5mpg towing the same exact trailer! So what the heck did i gain with the '04.5 CTD???????????????

I have the same truck as you with the 4.10 diffs and average 18MPG (my only daily driver). I bought the truck new with 17 miles on the odometer and I can tell you this, these trucks get better fuel economy with more mileage on them. The Ram now has 122,000 on the clock and I can pull 635 miles out of the 35 gallon tank. Not too shabby for 7,100 lbs

Also depends on how they're used. My truck was purchased new where I work and had a 12,500 fifth wheel behind it from day one. I bought it with 26K miles on it when the owner traded it in on a quieter 03. Only has 126k on it now and you can run the oil 7k miles and it's still clean. It's only been used to tow, and long road trips since I've owned it. Unfortunately it just sits since I quit racing. It's paid for so I hate to part with it.