Quote:

Guys....I've been looking at diesel's....but a 10-14k max budget does not buy much...and I want 03' and up. I drove a 7.3 Ford F250 that I could'nt see driving as my only vehicle and haven't tried a Cummin's yet but they are more pricey. I'm patient and there are deals out there if you look.

Getting back to the Hemi... ....any info would be appreciated on results towing and everyday mpg...thanks again..

I've towed a fair amount with Hemi Durango's (3 of them). I usually get 12-13 MPG towing. The same with 5-6000 lb at 75 MPH and 8000 Lb at 60-65 MPH. Slower speeds with the heavier load due to straight tag hitch and surge brakes... not power. The newest 2011 Durango seems to get 1-2 MPG better but maxes out at 7500 lb. I'm sure a 2500 with its heavier powertrain and probably worse aerodynamics wouldn't do as well but could tow more. I would have no problem with a hemi engine in a 3/4 ton towing 10,000 lb from time to time. If I had to do it every day and long distance, yes the diesel would be better. For occasional use the gas may be better & more cost effective.