Quote:

Guys....I've been looking at diesel's....but a 10-14k max budget does not buy much...and I want 03' and up. I drove a 7.3 Ford F250 that I could'nt see driving as my only vehicle and haven't tried a Cummin's yet but they are more pricey. I'm patient and there are deals out there if you look.

Getting back to the Hemi... ....any info would be appreciated on results towing and everyday mpg...thanks again..

I'm right with you. I have a 91 CTD that is starting to require more constant work to keep reliable, and it is not fun to drive daily. I have a 99 intrepid that I commute with (and a bike), but both will probably completely wear out in the next 2-3yrs and I probably won't be in a position to replace both, will need to either live without a truck and borrow from my dad when I need to tow or live with a truck as my only driver. My budget would most likely mean older diesel or hemi.
From the diesels I've driven, I can't really see daily driving anything older than 04, just too much bouncing around. But dropping from 22-25mpg in the intrepid and 20mpg in the CTD in mixed commuting to 12-14 with a hemi sure would suck, and cost about $1500/yr in gas vs my intrepid.
Make it even more complicated with the 2010+ Rams being really cool looking trucks and having a suspension that is much more friendly.

Tough decisions!

70 Sport Fury
68 Charger
69 Coronet
72 RR