John-boy, do you actually read the posts before you reply or do you just have a hard time with the english language ?!?!?

Quote:

you can't get the cluster pin out the front even after you pull the key off the back as you are suggesting.

I never suggested that at all

Quote:

First off you are correct

Thank you John-boy ... this is one of the most intelligent statements you've made.

Quote:

and one would definitely not do it with the trans bolted to the bellhousing engine as you are suggesting the OP do because there is no way to push the cluster pin to the rear.

Never suggested that. In fact I actually stated why it couldn't be done but of course you didn't read that post!!

Quote:

But as far as dropping the cluster gear on an OD the manual tells you how to do it ... Unbolt the tailhousing , rotate it till you have clear access to the rear of the cluster pin , pull the soft plug from the front of the trans and push the pin out the back , the cluster gear drops down and the mainshaft is now easily able to be removed , repeat in reverse to assemble.

This would be logical to me, I wouldn't need a manual for this.

And since its just eating away at you, I called you a smarta$$ and that's all they editted out.