Quote:

Quote:

If it were the case you would do it the same way you have to do it assembling an overdrive 833

tell me how you'd get the shaft out from the front - particularly since there's a key in the back !!!

Your post was edited by not a charger ??? ... you just can't get over the diarrhea of the keyboard you seem to be afflicted with ??? I'm a little disappointed that it was edited by a mod because I enjoy reading the venom you

Stanton I'll ASSuME you either have never taken apart a an OD 4 speed or do not have a factory service manual .... I'm curious if you have ever taken apart an 833 since you can't get the cluster pin out the front even after you pull the key off the back as you are suggesting.

First off you are correct that you do not drop the cluster shaft on any NON OD 833 to pull the tail and mainshaft with gears , and one would definitely not do it with the trans bolted to the bellhousing/engine as you are suggesting the OP do because there is no way to push the cluster pin to the rear.

But as far as dropping the cluster gear on an OD the manual tells you how to do it ... Unbolt the tailhousing , rotate it till you have clear access to the rear of the cluster pin , pull the soft plug from the front of the trans and push the pin out the back , the cluster gear drops down and the mainshaft is now easily able to be removed , repeat in reverse to assemble.

running up my post count some more .