I would say less then 500 street miles, and for passes A LOT. She would make as many passes as the track would allow her, we did open TNT's, many CC races, Mopar Nats races, and Norwalk wed night races.
I would not be surprised that there isn't 500 or more passes on it. I think that's a LOW number honestly. The motor made 615 hp on the dyno when it was built and is in her RR that weighs 3700 lbs race weight.

I took it apart further and the alum rods have NO marks on them anywhere, the Callies crank is Nice and mark free, the #5 cyl that had the valve issue doesn't have hardly any marks in it, and the other head just has a couple spots where a valve piece made a mark in the chamber. The cam and lifters also have no marks on them but MAY change them to something different if we can afford too. Even the bearings all LOOK GOOD but will get changed out.

I will have my engine builder, Graham Performance Engines take a look at the parts so I will know what is needed. The rods will get checked, block checked, head welded and reground flat, new valves, 1 pushrod, and a new set of pistons which I have as long as the block can stay .030 over, If not I will do another block up.
It could have been worse and I am Thankful she was alert enough to shut it down when she heard the noise. It probably saved us a bunch of Money and parts. She has been REALLY NICE TO ME LATELY wonder why. Ha Ha She wants to race again I can tell.
David

6659061-head.JPG (161 downloads)
Last edited by His and Her 69's; 05/31/11 05:28 AM.