I should have listened to my engine builder better when he said it time to tear the engine down to check it out.
It has been in the car since 2003 and has had normal maintance, brad penn 20 50 oil, valves adjusted, etc. It has been a Good 10.90 - 11.20 car all these years with no issues, street driven some also.

Well at the Mo Power event I was racing the woman, her RR against my RR in time trials because she wanted to kick my butt so we lined them up and raced. She had a .001 red and I had a .008 red, she Won but at the big end I looked in my mirror and she was pulling over to the side of the track.
Long story short her RR dropped 2 valves in #5 cyl, bent 1 pushrod, and holed #5 piston. The block looks good yet, crank is good, and alum rods look fine, even the cyl is mark free, thats suprises me.
The Indy Sr heads had the Indy valves in them yet and just wasn't up to the power level anymore. The head looks like it needs some minor welding and milled flat with ALL NEW BETTER VALVES installed.

Now my engine builder will get more of my money because I didn't listen to him when he suggested to freshen it up this spring. I didn't have the extra cash at the time and I couldn't get the car out of storage in enought time to get it done before the Mo Power event.

Photos to come soon when I downsize them.
David