Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: CAMSHAFT FOR 410 (360 stroker) and 396 (318 stroker) [Re: MR_P_BODY] #995154
05/20/11 04:30 PM
05/20/11 04:30 PM
Sao Paulo, Brazil
dart_73_br Offline
mopar
dart_73_br  Offline
mopar

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Quote:

I forgot... your both 4 speed cars

Changing to auto tranny should pick something?

Re: CAMSHAFT FOR 410 (360 stroker) and 396 (318 stroker [Re: dart_73_br] #995155
05/20/11 10:10 PM
05/20/11 10:10 PM
Peru
cbarracuda Offline
mopar
cbarracuda  Offline
mopar

Peru
Quote:

Quote:

Actually, a Maverick, with engine built by Joe Sherman is winning all the races, and a Chevy Opala with six inline is the second faster car (weight is 1900 lbs).

Yes man, it's really sad to see 6cc engines going faster than our Mopars..

They have better heads (braziliam stockcars used chevy 6cc for a long time) do a lot of stuff (nitromethane, etc..) and we just with our 318 ported heads + big carburator.,... etc... thats sad... thats why we need this forum... good heads as W2s.. and so on...

W2 are great heads. Here in Peru we also pay tax for our parts and we pay about 60% more because of tax and shipping(taxes are about 22%). How fast are those Chevys in Brasil? I'm an engine builder and I like Mopars. We do low 10s at the track and 9s if we are lucky and they prepare the track half way decent.
We are four guys who are gonna be driving to Chile to race the ExpoCarreras. Itīs a very important race in South america and it lasts for about 4 days and a thousand cars compete to qualify. They are building a highway that will connect Peru to Brasil, maybe when it's finished we will drive there too. Did you hear about the Argentinian VW pickup that does 9s, that went to Brasil to race?
Good luck on your proyect

Re: CAMSHAFT FOR 410 (360 stroker) and 396 (318 stroker [Re: cbarracuda] #995156
05/22/11 02:15 PM
05/22/11 02:15 PM
BRAZIL
D
ddart81 Offline OP
ddart81  Offline OP
D

BRAZIL
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Actually, a Maverick, with engine built by Joe Sherman is winning all the races, and a Chevy Opala with six inline is the second faster car (weight is 1900 lbs).

Yes man, it's really sad to see 6cc engines going faster than our Mopars..

They have better heads (braziliam stockcars used chevy 6cc for a long time) do a lot of stuff (nitromethane, etc..) and we just with our 318 ported heads + big carburator.,... etc... thats sad... thats why we need this forum... good heads as W2s.. and so on...

W2 are great heads. Here in Peru we also pay tax for our parts and we pay about 60% more because of tax and shipping(taxes are about 22%). How fast are those Chevys in Brasil? I'm an engine builder and I like Mopars. We do low 10s at the track and 9s if we are lucky and they prepare the track half way decent.
We are four guys who are gonna be driving to Chile to race the ExpoCarreras. Itīs a very important race in South america and it lasts for about 4 days and a thousand cars compete to qualify. They are building a highway that will connect Peru to Brasil, maybe when it's finished we will drive there too. Did you hear about the Argentinian VW pickup that does 9s, that went to Brasil to race?
Good luck on your proyect

Yes, I know the Argentinian VW pickup that does 9 seconds, it is very fast, but actually the best time in that category (allowed turbo, nitro, etc) is 8.5 seconds, with a Chevy Vectra (4 cylinder turbo front wheel drive).
About Chevy Opalas, the best six inline all motor (natural aspirated) does 9.6 in 1/4 mile, and the six inline in dragsters does 6.9 sec in 1/4 mile (with dual turbo).
Thanks man, good luck to you too.

Page 2 of 2 1 2