XXHEMI  Offline
super stock
X

NY
Quote:

Quote:

Not if i find it first

HOW MANY BLACK A12's DO YOU NEED!!! Lol

Just two Mike! I would be willing to let the FAST car go if we could find another Black Bee

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: badsixpack] #758273
07/29/10 05:51 PM
07/29/10 05:51 PM
Caledon, Ontario
smac77 Offline
mopar
smac77  Offline
mopar

Caledon, Ontario
Quote:

Sean,I'm ok with it,but when you mentioned that there might be some legal issues here, I didn't exactly know what you meant, but I figured that I might have to go to court.I thought if I wired you back the deposit, and just didn't give you the car what could happen to me? I had no idea that you already sold the car to Carlos and signed an agreement with him. I thought you were buying the car. After you told me that, I realized YOU might be in trouble. So I kept my word, and sold you the car even though I didn't want to. It just turned out to be an unfortunate situation for me... But I have no bad feelings toward you,business is business

I still feel bad it all went down that way... I was a car guy long before I was a businessman.

Restoration, Sales and Canadian Distributor For:
AMD Sheetmetal
Wizzard Direct Fit, Bolt In Aluminum Radiators
Legendary Interiors
SSBC & Wilwood Brakes
Control Freak Suspensions
Fine lines Tubing
and many more...
www.macleanclassics.com
Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: smac77] #758274
07/29/10 06:38 PM
07/29/10 06:38 PM
Houston TX
G
GregCon Offline
super stock
GregCon  Offline
super stock
G

Houston TX
I know I'll get thrashed for this, but those cars, while plenty mean, are really over restored. The paint is too glossy and perfect, at least for a car wearing black steel wheels.

It's a little like seeing a young Mike Tyson in a tuxedo.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: GregCon] #758275
07/29/10 07:12 PM
07/29/10 07:12 PM
The Last Frontier
Alaska_A12 Offline
master
Alaska_A12  Offline
master

The Last Frontier
Quote:

I know I'll get thrashed for this, but those cars, while plenty mean, are really over restored. The paint is too glossy and perfect, at least for a car wearing black steel wheels.

I appreciate the "perfectness" of a car like that but my A12 with a single stage ppg paint with a bit of orange peel and a dab looks period correct to me. That's how they looked in the day.

______________________________________________ http://regcars.homestead.com/car107.html
Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: GregCon] #758276
07/29/10 08:05 PM
07/29/10 08:05 PM
Caledon, Ontario
smac77 Offline
mopar
smac77  Offline
mopar

Caledon, Ontario
Quote:

I can definately appreciate a 100% factory original car. but, once they've been touched, there's no sense re-doing some of the crappy work chrysler originally did !!

The way Pete had this car done I would not call "over restored". I would call it "better than factory" or "the way it should have been done had the line workers actually cared about quality"

Now I'll be getting thrashed!! I have some original paint cars that are neat, but they don't hold a candle to the look of my restored cars... each has it's place in the collection though, and the reaction to both types seems to always be positive !

AMD Sheetmetal
Legendary Interiors
SSBC & Wilwood Brakes
Fine lines Tubing
and many more...
www.macleanclassics.com
Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: smac77] #758277
07/29/10 10:10 PM
07/29/10 10:10 PM
MD
HEMI472 Online content
super stock
HEMI472  Online Content
super stock

MD
Quote:

Quote:

I can definately appreciate a 100% factory original car. but, once they've been touched, there's no sense re-doing some of the crappy work chrysler originally did !!

The way Pete had this car done I would not call "over restored". I would call it "better than factory" or "the way it should have been done had the line workers actually cared about quality"

Now I'll be getting thrashed!! I have some original paint cars that are neat, but they don't hold a candle to the look of my restored cars... each has it's place in the collection though, and the reaction to both types seems to always be positive !

i agree do it right factory paint is teriable with the paint and clears we have now there in no reason to end up with crappy paint unless you are to lazy to sand and buff

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: XXHEMI] #758278
07/30/10 04:04 AM
07/30/10 04:04 AM
colorado
A
a12superbee Offline
master
a12superbee  Offline
master
A

colorado
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not if i find it first

Just two Mike! I would be willing to let the FAST car go if we could find another Black Bee

How about the only known white 4 speed bee?

I can't afford this. mark
Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: a12superbee] #758279
07/30/10 07:02 AM
07/30/10 07:02 AM
RI Deep in the rust belt
chargervert Offline
I Live Here
chargervert  Offline
I Live Here

RI Deep in the rust belt
I know I miss my A12 Superbee everyday,so I can sympathize with Pete about rethinking selling it. I sold mine for $8800.00 just before the prices of them went crazy. Mine was originally Bamaha Yellow. The car was a beast.

70 Charger R/T SE 472 Hemi 70 Charger R/T convertible 70 Charger R/T V Code Sixpack 69 Charger R/T SE Sunroofcar 68 Charger 383 68 Charger 318 71 Charger R/T 70 Challenger convertible 71 Challenger convertible 71 Cuda 340 09 Challenger R/T Classic
Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: chargervert] #758280
07/30/10 07:18 AM
07/30/10 07:18 AM
Houston TX
G
GregCon Offline
super stock
GregCon  Offline
super stock
G

Houston TX
I guess what I meant is a more 'normal' modern paint job would be in order - not 'glass' paint jobs.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: HEMI472] #758281
07/30/10 09:49 AM
07/30/10 09:49 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i agree do it right factory paint is teriable with the paint and clears we have now there in no reason to end up with crappy paint unless you are to lazy to sand and buff

I don't agree , base/coat clear coat just makes it another incorrect, overrestored, blend into the scenery, boring because it looks like the rest of them , trailer poodle.

The last year I judged at etown I actually subtracted points from the incorect overrestored trailer poodles.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: JohnRR] #758282
07/30/10 09:55 AM
07/30/10 09:55 AM
NJ-USA
H
HPMike Offline
master
HPMike  Offline
master
H

NJ-USA
Poor Pete. This is what he got stuck with after the Bee left.

R Code, 4 speed Black on black.

MB

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: JohnRR] #758283
07/30/10 11:20 AM
07/30/10 11:20 AM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Online content
Too Many Posts
A12  Online Content
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
FWIW that (this) low mile Hemi Bee is original paint...original factory paint IMO isn't as bad as some think. If you were there back in the day and bought a new car you wouldn't be embarrased about the factory EXTERIOR paint work or what you mostly could see.......

Pete, a GTX? that's an old man's road runner. nice none the less

MikeR

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: HPMike] #758284
07/30/10 11:31 AM
07/30/10 11:31 AM
Buffalo, NY U.S.A.
MrNormsTA Offline
master
MrNormsTA  Offline
master

Buffalo, NY U.S.A.
Pete, glad your health is good, these cars are just a bonus, and really we are just the caretakers.

Rick.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: A12] #758285
07/30/10 12:38 PM
07/30/10 12:38 PM
MD
HEMI472 Online content
super stock
HEMI472  Online Content
super stock

MD
I don't agree , base/coat clear coat just makes it another incorrect, overrestored, blend into the scenery, boring because it looks like the rest of them , trailer poodle.

The last year I judged at etown I actually subtracted points from the incorect overrestored trailer poodles.

i dont get it it is NOT 1968 no more.
IF you got a original factory paint car and it nice shape leave it alone but if its bad and have to paint why not make it nice? why would you want to copey the original factory paint thats terrabe.orange peel, runs ,dirt in paint, dull?
why would you take points way from a guy at a car show that just stupid. it is a car SHOW if someone wanted to see junk they would go to the junk yard not to the car SHOW. thats like say your car is too nice for the car show.
just because it has b/c paint dont mean it a trailer queen. dont all new cars have b/c paint

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: HEMI472] #758286
07/30/10 01:37 PM
07/30/10 01:37 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

i dont get it it is NOT 1968 no more.
IF you got a original factory paint car and it nice shape leave it alone but if its bad and have to paint why not make it nice? why would you want to copey the original factory paint thats terrabe.orange peel, runs ,dirt in paint, dull?
why would you take points way from a guy at a car show that just stupid. it is a car SHOW if someone wanted to see junk they would go to the junk yard not to the car SHOW. thats like say your car is too nice for the car show.
just because it has b/c paint dont mean it a trailer queen. dont all new cars have b/c paint

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you, or anyone else, lets just agree that we don't look at this subject the same way.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: a12superbee] #758287
07/30/10 02:03 PM
07/30/10 02:03 PM
Caledon, Ontario
smac77 Offline
mopar
smac77  Offline
mopar

Caledon, Ontario
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not if i find it first

How about the only known white 4 speed bee?

I'd be interested in that one... me

AMD Sheetmetal
Legendary Interiors
SSBC & Wilwood Brakes
Fine lines Tubing
and many more...
www.macleanclassics.com
Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: JohnRR] #758288
07/30/10 02:47 PM
07/30/10 02:47 PM
Caledon, Ontario
smac77 Offline
mopar
smac77  Offline
mopar

Caledon, Ontario

just to show I'm not biased... here's a neat mostly original paint 68 ragtop, we actually had to get sloppy to make a few blow-in's look as correct as possible...

AMD Sheetmetal
Legendary Interiors
SSBC & Wilwood Brakes
Fine lines Tubing
and many more...
www.macleanclassics.com
Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: smac77] #758289
07/30/10 03:29 PM
07/30/10 03:29 PM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Online content
Too Many Posts
A12  Online Content
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
I think it's funny how 40+ year old paint jobs are judged as being "bad factory paint work" when I've seen 10-year old BC/CC look worse. The clear coat starts to really settle and EVERY imperfection (re; dirt, sanding marks, etc.,) jumps out to even the most untrained eye. Original paint when it was new back in the day isn't really as bad as most like to think.....remember IT'S 40+ YEARS OLD and painted with the technology they had back then. That Hemi Super Bee still looks good and better then some of the cars that were there at that show that day, wait 40 years and we'll be saying how bad the BC/CC paint jobs were and the factory car paint jobs were cr@p too back in 2010

MikeR

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: smac77] #758290
08/03/10 12:38 AM
08/03/10 12:38 AM
Brantford Ontario
69_SIX_PACK Offline
master
69_SIX_PACK  Offline
master

Brantford Ontario
Quote:

Quote:

john, the car was a little too much for the street and i hated to sell it. at the time i had been diagnosed with a rare blood problem,so a guy made me an offer on the car,i didn't want to sell it but i thought i was really sick,so i agreed to sell it. the guy wired me a deposit and had emails of us talking back and forth. i got new blood tests that said i didn't have what they thought i had, i told the guy that i didn't want to sell the car now,but he threatened me with lawyers and all, so i had to sell it.and that's the real story

I would say thats "sort of" the real story... There was never a threat of lawyers to Pete... it was more of a concern that Pete and I did the deal, the price was agreed, the deposit was sent and at that point, since I felt I had secured the car, I entered into a legal business contract with my buyer for the re-sale of the car.. and he already cashed in investments and wired me money for it. So... to back out after all that was in motion, could have caused serious problems for me, not Pete... He was a 100% stand up guy and honoured the deal we had in place, more to cover my a$$ than anything.... I'm greatfull for that. Had the situation been different, I never would have asked pete to complete a deal he had second thoughts about...

Even after that explanation I don't see how you can sell a car that you don't own?

Sounds to me you really put yourself into a pickle. You are very lucky that Pete went threw with the deal as I believe the lawyers would have been going after you.

Did you ever take possession of the car and put it into your name?

Have you learned anything from that experience or are you still marketing other peoples cars and then buying after you have pre-sold them?

Does this sort of new age flipping have a name?

Man I sure hate when $$$ gets involved in a good hobby...

Dave

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo [Re: 69_SIX_PACK] #758291
08/04/10 02:35 AM
08/04/10 02:35 AM
Caledon, Ontario
smac77 Offline
mopar
smac77  Offline
mopar

Caledon, Ontario
Quote:

Even after that explanation I don't see how you can sell a car that you don't own?

Sounds to me you really put yourself into a pickle. You are very lucky that Pete went threw with the deal as I believe the lawyers would have been going after you.

Did you ever take possession of the car and put it into your name?

Have you learned anything from that experience or are you still marketing other peoples cars and then buying after you have pre-sold them?

Does this sort of new age flipping have a name?

Man I sure hate when $$$ gets involved in a good hobby...

Dave

I could explain it all further to you so you'd understand what actually transpired but this is really Mine, my client and Pete's business and we've worked it all out... no hard feelings between us... Pete and I even gabbed on the phone about cars for a good half hour just a couple days ago...
Besides, I think he's pretty happy with his triple black Hemi GTX he got by way of this whole deal...

I'd appreciate it if you didn't lecture me over something you don't have all the details for and know absolutly nothing about...

Last edited by smac77; 08/04/10 03:05 AM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4