Moparts

black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo

Posted By: 69RTSE

black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/26/10 04:22 PM

I'm not sure who has this car now, but it used to belong to a guy named John that worked at the Ford Cleveland Casting Plant. Since the plant is closing in a few months, lots of stuff is getting scrapped. I found this old 8x10 picture from Dragway 42 in an old filing cabinet. Looks to be around mid 80's judging by the blue and white license plates...pretty cool.

Attached picture 6105953-69Beeresized.jpg
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/26/10 05:06 PM

Very cool photo, thanks for posting. That car belongs to Pete and has been perfectly restored.
Posted By: drmopar

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/26/10 06:53 PM

That car is now in England. Pete sold it Dave. Cool pic for sure!! My old boss Rob owned it and my brother Dave (b5sixpackbee)worked on it.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/26/10 06:57 PM

The car restored before it went to England

Attached picture 6106243-a12_site_2.jpg
Posted By: badsixpack

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/26/10 09:10 PM

I have old time slips showing this thing was running low 12S, I think it would run mid 11s now no problem..

Attached picture 6106490-rrxx9bee.jpg
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 12:23 PM

Quote:

That car is now in England. Pete sold it Dave. Cool pic for sure!! My old boss Rob owned it and my brother Dave (b5sixpackbee)worked on it.

That's a shame it left the continent , will probably never be seen here in the states again.
Posted By: Alaska_A12

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 06:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That's a same it left the continent , will probably never be seen here in the states again.

You should have bought it John!!

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 06:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That's a shame it left the continent , will probably never be seen here in the states again.

You should have bought it John!!

I don't have your bank roll Jim, that car was flipped to Pete for big bucks I can only imagine what it took to get it out of his po$$e$$ion.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 06:53 PM

Flipped to Pete? It was sold to Pete. Little money was made on that deal. Pete did well from what I heard, but that is his business.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 07:24 PM

truth is , i lost 65k on the black bee, and I sold it to a guy in canada,who then sold it to one of his customers in england..With the money I bought a 70 tripple black 4 spd hemi gtx
Posted By: GregCon

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 08:49 PM

Regarding A12 cars.....

Around 1982 in Pflugerville, TX we used to see a Butterscotch Super Bee sitting on the side of what was a fairly major road; the one that connects P-ville to I35. Sometimes it would be there, sometimes it would be gone. We had a friend with the DPS run the plates and found the name of the guy who owned it. We then called him. It turns out he was an interstate truck driver who used the Super Bee to drive when he was home, and left it on the side of the highway when he was driving.

The car was optioned with a 4 speed, 4.10 Dana (we crawled under it and looked), black interior, black vinyl top. It had no air cleaner, but it still had the original hood. You could peek in the scoop and see the two outer carb had been removed and blocked off with silicone and aluminum plates. There were lots of scratches on the roof where the hood had been placed when it was off.

It was a fairly straight car with original paint and a bullet dent on the rear of the trunk lid

Anyway, in a deep South voice he told us it "was for sale but not for a nickel less than $3500."

On hearing that, we lost all hope - the guy was crazy and unreasonable and being teenagers we had no money. We were used to buying cars for under $300.

A few months later an older guy who did a lot of 'flipping' (I hate that word) of Mopars bought it and I have no idea where it went.
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 08:53 PM

I am truely saddened by this
Not flipped Not that there is anything wrong with that....
KID

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 09:16 PM

Quote:

Flipped to Pete? It was sold to Pete. Little money was made on that deal. Pete did well from what I heard, but that is his business.

Flipped, sold, you say tomato, I say tomatoe ...

When I first saw it offered I saw a figure of 100k being thrown around by the FINDER/flipper ???

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 09:18 PM

Quote:

truth is , i lost 65k on the black bee, and I sold it to a guy in canada,who then sold it to one of his customers in england..With the money I bought a 70 tripple black 4 spd hemi gtx

Wow , that's too bad , I usually end up doing the same thing when I flip something ... though not to that extreme ... rarely make a profit, which is why I'm not in that business ...

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 10:00 PM

john, the car was a little too much for the street and i hated to sell it. at the time i had been diagnosed with a rare blood problem,so a guy made me an offer on the car,i didn't want to sell it but i thought i was really sick,so i agreed to sell it. the guy wired me a deposit and had emails of us talking back and forth. i got new blood tests that said i didn't have what they thought i had, i told the guy that i didn't want to sell the car now,but he threatened me with lawyers and all, so i had to sell it.and that's the real story

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 10:47 PM

Generally the guy would have no recourse unless he could prove he suffered a direct loss as a result of your changing your mind.

For example, if he could show a judge he had acted on the agreement to buy by breaking a CD to finance the purchase. Even then, the judge would most likely tell you you had to pay him for his losses but not force you to sell.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 10:55 PM

Quote:

john, the car was a little too much for the street and i hated to sell it. at the time i had been diagnosed with a rare blood problem,so a guy made me an offer on the car,i didn't want to sell it but i thought i was really sick,so i agreed to sell it. the guy wired me a deposit and had emails of us talking back and forth. i got new blood tests that said i didn't have what they thought i had, i told the guy that i didn't want to sell the car now,but he threatened me with lawyers and all, so i had to sell it.and that's the real story

Man that's a shame Pete. One man's hobby is another man's business I guess.
Posted By: HPMike

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 11:03 PM

Was/is a great car. One of the most solid cars I have ever seen... Having been fortunate enough to be given the chance to bring that one back to life, I can honestly say it was a great project. Wish it stayed around here, but that is how it goes.

Shame that nice motor will likely never be used to it's potential any more... Would be fun to see the look on the guys face after seeing the engine compartment look like this......

Attached picture 6108525-frame_connectors_on_the_super_beebefore_paint_and_after_043_Large.jpg

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 11:05 PM

Then take it for a spin and get a little bit of this...

Attached picture 6108527-petex9BEE@.jpg
Posted By: scatpacktom

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/27/10 11:31 PM

Hey Pete,
The good thing is that they were wrong. I had heard what went on with you and the Bee. I just want you to know that that car will forever be burned into my memory. The car was just stunning,I would just marvel at the paint on that car. I know it had plenty of smoke too.

It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. Seems fitting for this situation.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/28/10 12:28 AM

Thanks Tom, Your right,I was really scared, thought I was late in the 4th quarter and might have to move to a warmer climate.. thank GOD i'm ok
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/28/10 03:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Flipped, sold, you say tomato, I say tomatoe ...

When I first saw it offered I saw a figure of 100k being thrown around by the FINDER/flipper ???

I was actually the one who found that car in 2006 when I went to go look at a 1970 dart the owner of the bee had. I didnt know the bee existed when I went down there until I saw the shape under a car cover in his garage. I originally posted pictures of the car at the shop I worked at on here shortly after the car was purchased by a friend of mine and I can attest the to the fact that not a lot of money was made on that car. I loved that car and made some silly offers to aquire it myself. Needless to say I dont have a X9 A12 bee now, just a lowly B5 A12 bee

Attached picture 6109157-mybee.jpg
Posted By: big-block-dave

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/28/10 04:08 AM

Pete, that was ONE BAD A$$ BEE. Cars can be replaced, people can not. Glad your OK. See ya sometime!

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/28/10 11:22 AM

Quote:

That's too bad, the good part, if there can be one is you have your health. I never got a chance to see the car, it's one that i would have loved to see, as I have a black on black stripe delete 383 Bee , it's a great color combo.
Posted By: TiMopar

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/28/10 12:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Don't be sad chaps, it's only in England, not gone to Mars. It's probably just 'based here' for awhile.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/28/10 06:14 PM

Well, I'm a little saddened to hear this car left the States. I'm sure it has a good home, but I'm a little selfish I guess and think they should all stay here in the States. But it may be back someday...

I first saw the car in the mid '90s. I was racing a '70 Charger with a 440 and ran into then-owner John (his last name escapes me right now) with the 'Bee out at Norwalk Raceway. I believe we were both running mid 12's that day. We got to talking and found out we both worked at the Ford Complex. Kinda funny that we both worked for Ford but had old Mopars. He was always a super nice guy every time I saw him, sometimes at Norwalk, sometimes at Dragway 42, and sometimes even at work. He still works there, but we're on different shifts. I haven't seen him in a few years, and didn't even know he sold the car until last year. I thought he had told me he bought the car in the mid '70s. I always loved it, and its the reason I decided to paint my '69 Charger black with a white stripe.

If I see him, I'd like to give him an update on his old car...let me see if I have this staight: Rob bought it from John and restored it with the help of Mike. It then went to Pete in NY, who sold it due to health reasons (glad you're okay, Pete !) to some guy in Canada, who inturn sold it to Dave in England? Did I miss anyone?

Rich

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/28/10 06:58 PM

john gerreck jr owned the car since the early 70s he sold the car to rob in mi,dave worked for rob at the time. Rob sold the car to me,and I restored the car with the help of hp mike who did all the mechanics, and all the detailing on everything in, and under the car, and in the engine compartment. HP Mike took the car apart,took it to the body shop in pa then put the car together. a guy named Walt from kustom koncepts in pa, did the body for me,hp mike did everything else. I located all the parts,paid for everything, and made all of the decisions. I sold the car to sean in canada,and he sold it to carlos in england. and thats the story....Pete..

Attached picture 6110068-X9BEESIDE.jpg

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/28/10 07:16 PM

here's one of my new projects

Attached picture 6110092-blackta.JPG

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/28/10 07:23 PM

Quote:

let me see if I have this staight: Rob bought it from John and restored it with the help of Mike. It then went to Pete in NY, who sold it due to health reasons (glad you're okay, Pete !) to some guy in Canada, who inturn sold it to Dave in England? Did I miss anyone?

Rich

Here is the real story....

Car came to my shop as a rolling shell in a mostly unrestored but somewhat "dolled up" state. They polished it up a bit and painted a section on the body. Drivetrain in pieces. Our original intent was to build up a killer drivetrain and give Ed Cook some hell in the FAST class(in a friendly way )Pete, being a very discriminating guy, wasn't happy with leaving the car as-is- so we decided to take it all the way. I took the car the rest of the way apart and sent the body to Walt @ Kustom Koncepts. They were primarily a street rod shop and not really doing restorations, per se. The car was purposely painted like glass including the bottom-that is how Pete wanted it. I rebuilt/restored all the subassemblies, then finished the car here in NJ. The paint work is flawless. The end result was spectacular. The car ran and looked great!

Yes, sad to see it go, but Pete is telling the real story here. He called me every day in the middle of the transaction with a clear case of "sellers remorse". The important part is your health and well being. These cars are cool, but not worth putting them over your health, that is for sure.

MB
Posted By: 69_SIX_PACK

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 01:14 AM

Man when I read something like this thread I am reminded how much I love cool Mopars, how many truly great people are involved in our hobby and a the few guys that you just can't help but roll your eyes and shake your head at.

I am really glad to hear that healthwise you are good to go Pete
Nice T/A

Dave
Posted By: A12

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 02:19 AM

Quote:

I first saw the car in the mid '90s. I was racing a '70 Charger with a 440 and ran into then-owner John (his last name escapes me right now) with the 'Bee out at Norwalk Raceway. I believe we were both running mid 12's that day. We got to talking and found out we both worked at the Ford Complex. Kinda funny that we both worked for Ford but had old Mopars. He was always a super nice guy every time I saw him, sometimes at Norwalk, sometimes at Dragway 42, and sometimes even at work. He still works there, but we're on different shifts. I haven't seen him in a few years, and didn't even know he sold the car until last year. I thought he had told me he bought the car in the mid '70s. I always loved it, and its the reason I decided to paint my '69 Charger black with a white stripe.

If I see him, I'd like to give him an update on his old car...let me see if I have this staight: Rob bought it from John and restored it with the help of Mike. It then went to Pete in NY, who sold it due to health reasons (glad you're okay, Pete !) to some guy in Canada, who inturn sold it to Dave in England? Did I miss anyone?

Rich

This is way, way too weird talking about black on black, stripe delete '69 Super Bees in Northern Ohio and Ford plant workers owning them and using them only for drag racing

A few years ago I'm at a local cruise at a DQ and there are usually only a few Mopars that show up because this is Ford assembly plant country. I see a black on black, stripe delete '69 Super Bee with Hemi on the hood scoops and think "well maybe but most likely not a real hemi" so I see the J VIN and the original fender tag and sure enough it a real Hemi! I look at the odo and wow it's in pretty good shape for having 105,000+ miles on it. Just then a guy shows up wondering why I'm looking at the fender tag so closely (I have this thing about Lynch Road fender tags you know ) and I say "Great to see another Mopar at this cruise and unusual to see such a well preserved Hemi Super Bee with 105,000 plus miles on it. To which he replies "Oh that's 5,000 plus not one hundred five thousand. This car was bought by a Ford plant worker and only used for drag racing all of it's life until my buddy bought it ten years ago". I got permission from the current owner a few minutes later to take some detail photos and then met him again a year later to take some more and here's a couple of shots, Black on Black and Crager's TOO with big rear tires just like GTsuperbee knows it should BEE

MikeR

Attached picture 6110775-DSC00034.JPG

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 02:23 AM

Oops almost a double post. Another shot...

MikeR

Attached picture 6110782-DSC00038ca.jpg

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 02:52 AM

Hey Pete, man I'm glad you're okay! Sad in a way that they made a mistake and put you through all of that but thank God that is was a mistake.

Don't sweat the A12 loss maybe it wasn't meant to Bee and besides you're a Road Runner guy and everyone knows they're quicker and faster

Will we see you at the Nat's?

Take care and remember low mile Super Bee's are a dime a dozen......well at least in Ohio

MikeR

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 11:29 AM

thanks everyone,one day i will find another x9 bee but this time it will be a 4spd
Posted By: TiMopar

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 12:12 PM

Quote:

john gerreck jr owned the car since the early 70s he sold the car to rob in mi,dave worked for rob at the time. Rob sold the car to me,and I restored the car with the help of hp mike who did all the mechanics, and all the detailing on everything in, and under the car, and in the engine compartment. HP Mike took the car apart,took it to the body shop in pa then put the car together. a guy named Walt from kustom koncepts in pa, did the body for me,hp mike did everything else. I located all the parts,paid for everything, and made all of the decisions. I sold the car to sean in canada,and he sold it to carlos in england. and thats the story....Pete.. [/quote

Rest assured, it's in good hands and in good company. Likelihood is that should it be sold it will return to the US, since most Mopar enthusiasts over here are too poor!
Posted By: XXHEMI

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 02:18 PM

Quote:

thanks everyone,one day i will find another x9 bee but this time it will be a 4spd

Not if i find it first
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 02:24 PM

Not an A12 but a black 4speed bee none the less.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1867303793.html

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 02:25 PM

Quote:

Not if i find it first

HOW MANY BLACK A12's DO YOU NEED!!! Lol
Posted By: smac77

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 02:43 PM

Quote:

I would say thats "sort of" the real story... There was never a threat of lawyers to Pete... it was more of a concern that Pete and I did the deal, the price was agreed, the deposit was sent and at that point, since I felt I had secured the car, I entered into a legal business contract with my buyer for the re-sale of the car.. and he already cashed in investments and wired me money for it. So... to back out after all that was in motion, could have caused serious problems for me, not Pete... He was a 100% stand up guy and honoured the deal we had in place, more to cover my a$$ than anything.... I'm greatfull for that. Had the situation been different, I never would have asked pete to complete a deal he had second thoughts about...

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 05:59 PM

Sean,I'm ok with it,but when you mentioned that there might be some legal issues here, I didn't exactly know what you meant, but I figured that I might have to go to court.I thought if I wired you back the deposit, and just didn't give you the car what could happen to me? I had no idea that you already sold the car to Carlos and signed an agreement with him. I thought you were buying the car. After you told me that, I realized YOU might be in trouble. So I kept my word, and sold you the car even though I didn't want to. It just turned out to be an unfortunate situation for me... But I have no bad feelings toward you,business is business
Posted By: XXHEMI

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 06:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Not if i find it first

Just two Mike! I would be willing to let the FAST car go if we could find another Black Bee

Attached picture 6111647-MartinFinal2008.jpg

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 09:51 PM

Quote:

Sean,I'm ok with it,but when you mentioned that there might be some legal issues here, I didn't exactly know what you meant, but I figured that I might have to go to court.I thought if I wired you back the deposit, and just didn't give you the car what could happen to me? I had no idea that you already sold the car to Carlos and signed an agreement with him. I thought you were buying the car. After you told me that, I realized YOU might be in trouble. So I kept my word, and sold you the car even though I didn't want to. It just turned out to be an unfortunate situation for me... But I have no bad feelings toward you,business is business

I still feel bad it all went down that way... I was a car guy long before I was a businessman.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 10:38 PM

I know I'll get thrashed for this, but those cars, while plenty mean, are really over restored. The paint is too glossy and perfect, at least for a car wearing black steel wheels.

It's a little like seeing a young Mike Tyson in a tuxedo.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/29/10 11:12 PM

Quote:

I know I'll get thrashed for this, but those cars, while plenty mean, are really over restored. The paint is too glossy and perfect, at least for a car wearing black steel wheels.

I appreciate the "perfectness" of a car like that but my A12 with a single stage ppg paint with a bit of orange peel and a dab looks period correct to me. That's how they looked in the day.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 12:05 AM

Quote:

I can definately appreciate a 100% factory original car. but, once they've been touched, there's no sense re-doing some of the crappy work chrysler originally did !!

The way Pete had this car done I would not call "over restored". I would call it "better than factory" or "the way it should have been done had the line workers actually cared about quality"

Now I'll be getting thrashed!! I have some original paint cars that are neat, but they don't hold a candle to the look of my restored cars... each has it's place in the collection though, and the reaction to both types seems to always be positive !
Posted By: HEMI472

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 02:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I can definately appreciate a 100% factory original car. but, once they've been touched, there's no sense re-doing some of the crappy work chrysler originally did !!

The way Pete had this car done I would not call "over restored". I would call it "better than factory" or "the way it should have been done had the line workers actually cared about quality"

Now I'll be getting thrashed!! I have some original paint cars that are neat, but they don't hold a candle to the look of my restored cars... each has it's place in the collection though, and the reaction to both types seems to always be positive !

i agree do it right factory paint is teriable with the paint and clears we have now there in no reason to end up with crappy paint unless you are to lazy to sand and buff
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 08:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not if i find it first

Just two Mike! I would be willing to let the FAST car go if we could find another Black Bee

How about the only known white 4 speed bee?
Posted By: chargervert

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 11:02 AM

I know I miss my A12 Superbee everyday,so I can sympathize with Pete about rethinking selling it. I sold mine for $8800.00 just before the prices of them went crazy. Mine was originally Bamaha Yellow. The car was a beast.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 11:18 AM

I guess what I meant is a more 'normal' modern paint job would be in order - not 'glass' paint jobs.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 01:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i agree do it right factory paint is teriable with the paint and clears we have now there in no reason to end up with crappy paint unless you are to lazy to sand and buff

I don't agree , base/coat clear coat just makes it another incorrect, overrestored, blend into the scenery, boring because it looks like the rest of them , trailer poodle.

The last year I judged at etown I actually subtracted points from the incorect overrestored trailer poodles.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 01:55 PM

Poor Pete. This is what he got stuck with after the Bee left.

R Code, 4 speed Black on black.

MB

Attached picture 6112944-peteGTX(Medium).jpg

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 03:20 PM

FWIW that (this) low mile Hemi Bee is original paint...original factory paint IMO isn't as bad as some think. If you were there back in the day and bought a new car you wouldn't be embarrased about the factory EXTERIOR paint work or what you mostly could see.......

Pete, a GTX? that's an old man's road runner. nice none the less

MikeR

Attached picture 6113097-69HemiSuperBeewith6300miles.jpg
Posted By: MrNormsTA

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 03:31 PM

Pete, glad your health is good, these cars are just a bonus, and really we are just the caretakers.

Rick.
Posted By: HEMI472

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 04:38 PM

I don't agree , base/coat clear coat just makes it another incorrect, overrestored, blend into the scenery, boring because it looks like the rest of them , trailer poodle.

The last year I judged at etown I actually subtracted points from the incorect overrestored trailer poodles.

i dont get it it is NOT 1968 no more.
IF you got a original factory paint car and it nice shape leave it alone but if its bad and have to paint why not make it nice? why would you want to copey the original factory paint thats terrabe.orange peel, runs ,dirt in paint, dull?
why would you take points way from a guy at a car show that just stupid. it is a car SHOW if someone wanted to see junk they would go to the junk yard not to the car SHOW. thats like say your car is too nice for the car show.
just because it has b/c paint dont mean it a trailer queen. dont all new cars have b/c paint

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 05:37 PM

Quote:

i dont get it it is NOT 1968 no more.
IF you got a original factory paint car and it nice shape leave it alone but if its bad and have to paint why not make it nice? why would you want to copey the original factory paint thats terrabe.orange peel, runs ,dirt in paint, dull?
why would you take points way from a guy at a car show that just stupid. it is a car SHOW if someone wanted to see junk they would go to the junk yard not to the car SHOW. thats like say your car is too nice for the car show.
just because it has b/c paint dont mean it a trailer queen. dont all new cars have b/c paint

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you, or anyone else, lets just agree that we don't look at this subject the same way.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 06:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not if i find it first

How about the only known white 4 speed bee?

I'd be interested in that one... me

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 06:47 PM

just to show I'm not biased... here's a neat mostly original paint 68 ragtop, we actually had to get sloppy to make a few blow-in's look as correct as possible...

Attached picture 6113418-IMG_4765(900x675).jpg

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 07/30/10 07:29 PM

I think it's funny how 40+ year old paint jobs are judged as being "bad factory paint work" when I've seen 10-year old BC/CC look worse. The clear coat starts to really settle and EVERY imperfection (re; dirt, sanding marks, etc.,) jumps out to even the most untrained eye. Original paint when it was new back in the day isn't really as bad as most like to think.....remember IT'S 40+ YEARS OLD and painted with the technology they had back then. That Hemi Super Bee still looks good and better then some of the cars that were there at that show that day, wait 40 years and we'll be saying how bad the BC/CC paint jobs were and the factory car paint jobs were cr@p too back in 2010

MikeR

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/03/10 04:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I would say thats "sort of" the real story... There was never a threat of lawyers to Pete... it was more of a concern that Pete and I did the deal, the price was agreed, the deposit was sent and at that point, since I felt I had secured the car, I entered into a legal business contract with my buyer for the re-sale of the car.. and he already cashed in investments and wired me money for it. So... to back out after all that was in motion, could have caused serious problems for me, not Pete... He was a 100% stand up guy and honoured the deal we had in place, more to cover my a$$ than anything.... I'm greatfull for that. Had the situation been different, I never would have asked pete to complete a deal he had second thoughts about...

Even after that explanation I don't see how you can sell a car that you don't own?

Sounds to me you really put yourself into a pickle. You are very lucky that Pete went threw with the deal as I believe the lawyers would have been going after you.

Did you ever take possession of the car and put it into your name?

Have you learned anything from that experience or are you still marketing other peoples cars and then buying after you have pre-sold them?

Does this sort of new age flipping have a name?

Man I sure hate when $$$ gets involved in a good hobby...

Dave

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/04/10 06:35 AM

Quote:

Even after that explanation I don't see how you can sell a car that you don't own?

Sounds to me you really put yourself into a pickle. You are very lucky that Pete went threw with the deal as I believe the lawyers would have been going after you.

Have you learned anything from that experience or are you still marketing other peoples cars and then buying after you have pre-sold them?

Dave

I could explain it all further to you so you'd understand what actually transpired but this is really Mine, my client and Pete's business and we've worked it all out... no hard feelings between us... Pete and I even gabbed on the phone about cars for a good half hour just a couple days ago...
Besides, I think he's pretty happy with his triple black Hemi GTX he got by way of this whole deal...

I'd appreciate it if you didn't lecture me over something you don't have all the details for and know absolutly nothing about...

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/04/10 12:27 PM

Amazing how quickly this thread got into a pi**ing match over nothing. Bottom line, The black bee is awesome, its in another continent, and Pete has a sweet GTX. Next.....

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/04/10 02:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

I could explain it all further to you so you'd understand what actually transpired but this is really Mine, my client and Pete's business and we've worked it all out... no hard feelings between us... Pete and I even gabbed on the phone about cars for a good half hour just a couple days ago...
Besides, I think he's pretty happy with his triple black Hemi GTX he got by way of this whole deal...

I'd appreciate it if you didn't lecture me over something you don't have all the details for and know absolutly nothing about...

No need to get so sensitive, I just asked a quick question.
Did you make it a habit of selling cars you don't own or have possession of?

Doesn't seem like a good business practice to me. There would be no need to smooth things over if you just did things the right way in the first place.

Maybe this in the next new thing

Sean I am just writing down what many others are thinking, its not my reputation on the line...this is being discussed on a public forum you know

Dave

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/04/10 04:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

Doesn't seem like a good business practice to me. There would be no need to smooth things over if you just did things the right way in the first place.

Sean I am just writing down what many others are thinking, its not my reputation on the line...this is being discussed on a public forum you know

Dave

Nothing new , it worked for Fred E ?
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/04/10 05:08 PM

Quote:

Regarding A12 cars.....

Around 1982 in Pflugerville, TX we used to see a Butterscotch Super Bee sitting on the side of what was a fairly major road; the one that connects P-ville to I35. Sometimes it would be there, sometimes it would be gone. We had a friend with the DPS run the plates and found the name of the guy who owned it. We then called him. It turns out he was an interstate truck driver who used the Super Bee to drive when he was home, and left it on the side of the highway when he was driving.

The car was optioned with a 4 speed, 4.10 Dana (we crawled under it and looked), black interior, black vinyl top. It had no air cleaner, but it still had the original hood. You could peek in the scoop and see the two outer carb had been removed and blocked off with silicone and aluminum plates. There were lots of scratches on the roof where the hood had been placed when it was off.

It was a fairly straight car with original paint and a bullet dent on the rear of the trunk lid

Anyway, in a deep South voice he told us it "was for sale but not for a nickel less than $3500."

On hearing that, we lost all hope - the guy was crazy and unreasonable and being teenagers we had no money. We were used to buying cars for under $300.

A few months later an older guy who did a lot of 'flipping' (I hate that word) of Mopars bought it and I have no idea where it went.

I remember hearing about this "Urban Legend A-12" when I lived in Ft.Worth and Austin between '87-'98... It's small world...
Posted By: ogopogo

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/04/10 06:28 PM

Quote:

Poor Pete. This is what he got stuck with after the Bee left.

R Code, 4 speed Black on black.

Can we see some more pics of the GTX ?

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/05/10 03:30 PM

Dave

Dave,

you are attacking my character and my business practises in a public fourm without even having all the info, without even knowing me, or knowing the nature of this deal, so yes, I'm a little sensitive about that... No one appreciates being slandered by someone who does not know the facts..

In this case I'm not selling a car I don't own, in the context you're implying. I'm brokering a deal on a classic car... it happens every day with real estate, stocks, commodities... funny how when it's all of a sudden a mopar, it's now "bad business practice"

There's a select group of people out there who wish to remain annonymous in business transactions for many, many reasons... these would include rock stars, politicians, dignitaries, etc.... they have companies like mine, source cars they'd like to own, broker deals so they can deal in private with a source they trust... I buy the car through my company, they buy it from my company. So there's only one buyer really, just by way of two contracts... I take the risk and responsibility for the purchase process. I get calls every week from people looking to buy classic cars but unsure of the transaction process so I handle it for them, everything from inspection to negotiating , to shipping and customs clearance, those cars also funnel through the same channel 1 buyer two contracts... I act as the "face" of the sale on behalf of another. Some clients pay a commision, some a flat rate and others a mark up as any business would do...

Now consider the legal part... Contracts and deposits exist for only one reason... to legally bind and secure a deal, so the next stage of a transaction can be put into motion.... they become especially important in deals where the monetary value is very, very large... mainly due to the fact that money needs to be pulled from multiple sources or large investments or off shore funds need to be cashed... that takes time and sometimes a considerable amount of fees... Once I secure a deal by way of a deposit and contract, I'm in a legal position to enter into a contract for the resale of those goods, whatever they may be... no wrong doing, no bad business practise...

Would you also say I'm involved in bad business practise when a person consigns a car with me for resale? Becuase I'm now selling a car I don't own? In that case, you're questioning every dealer in the world....

Some people would just prefer to let others handle the business end of a deal for them...you've brought my character into question becuase I do that for them, doesn't seem right does it....

so to answer your question, yes I sell cars I don't own...but not in the manner you are suggesting.

I take pride in my business, I've been a car guy all my life, I'm hands on in the trenches restoring these things every day, and I consider myself an honest stand up person.. I get several calls from people asking advice on restoring buying or selling cars and I try to answer all of them to the best of my ability so that their experience with these cars is as pleasureable as mine... If you take shots at me or my business for doing the things I do, I'm going to set you, and the record straight...

Can we drop this now, since everyone is probably sick do death of another guy whining about a dealer (flipper, whatever)....

get over it, it happens

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/06/10 03:40 AM

Quote:

Hey Sean,
Sorry I must be stupid but here you say you re-sold it and now you are saying you brokered it?

Maybe you can run the word slander by your lawyers, cause I did nothing of the kind. Simply I asked a simple question and made an observation about yes poor business practices.
If it was a good business practise you would have had no reason to say:
Had the situation been different, I never would have asked pete to complete a deal he had second thoughts about...

Did Pete consign the vehicle with you then Sean?

Anyway I am havig a tough time keeping up, like I said I am more of a simple kind of guy, I don't hang around rock stars, I don't name drop the people I hang around or simply try to make out like I am someone I am not.

I was just asking a pretty simple question or two. No real need for you to get bent outta shape.
And no its really none of my business but when you wrote your version of the "real story" being an inquisitive guy I thought you may want to clear up some of the simple points.

Instead you feel the need to ramble on how mean I am? How I am attacking you? Your character? Slander?

I think not...

Bought, re-sold, brokered, all have different meanings.

If you wanted to you could have set the record straight from the beginning instead...

Dave
Posted By: SteveA

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/06/10 03:50 AM

I prefer the old days where you bought the car from the guy selling it and you handed him the money. Much simpler and reduces the problems with a "broker." But like Dave, I am an average guy and don't need someone else to do my buying for me. Too bad that Pete was pressured to sell it when he didn't want to- due to a brokered deal.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/06/10 03:58 AM

As I read through your various posts on this subject I realize the you bought, brokered and consigned all on the same car. Impressive.
I am more than a little confused but hey I am not the smartest guy either. Maybe I just misunderstood.

Later,
The Whinner

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/06/10 04:03 AM

I think part of the problem was that the end buyer is in England. Kinda hard to come look at a car across the Atlantic, and I can see the need for a broker in that case...still, if I was Pete, unless I signed a contract to sell it, I probably would have backed out after getting a clean bill of health from the doctor.

Getting back to the car, I think it's amazing that a rare car like this SuperBee can spend 30+ years in the same garage, and then in just 2-3 short years has been in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Canada, and England.
Posted By: SteveA

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/06/10 01:29 PM

Quote:

Getting back to the car, I think it's amazing that a rare car like this SuperBee can spend 30+ years in the same garage, and then in just 2-3 short years has been in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Canada, and England.

Thus the term, "flipping."

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/06/10 02:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thus the term, "flipping."

I can't speak of any of the others. But I can assure you that Pete didn't "flip" that Bee. Here is his qoute from earlier in the thread.

"truth is , i lost 65k on the black bee, and I sold it to a guy in canada,who then sold it to one of his customers in england..With the money I bought a 70 tripple black 4 spd hemi gtx"

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/06/10 03:18 PM

Quote:

I think part of the problem was that the end buyer is in England. Kinda hard to come look at a car across the Atlantic, and I can see the need for a broker in that case...still, if I was Pete, unless I signed a contract to sell it, I probably would have backed out after getting a clean bill of health from the doctor.

That is the nature of the beast these days...10-20 years ago it was all about a handshake and an envelope of cash in a face to face deal... now the internet is the marketplace...
Posted By: 71VBEE

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/07/10 02:55 AM

An old Dodge is a passion for some and a commodity for others. I am greatful that I have the option to treat anything in the mannner that best fits my needs at the time. Creativity has kept this hobby alive and kicking for quite some time now. Don't lose sight of the fact that these cars only exsisted because Ma Mopar exploited a niche in the market 35+ years ago, just like some folks today.
Posted By: srt

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/07/10 04:21 AM

I've been out of town house shopping and this thread hits home for me on several fronts.
Owning a b body for over twenty years ("the one I always wanted"), I've faced the thought to sell several times for reasons ranging from, it wouldn't be fun if it was all restored, I've got a deadly diesease and don't want the wife to deal with selling, to now, I want to buy our dream home.
Each time I've concluded that it should stay where it's at, there is always another way to deal with whatever issue pushes the urge to sell. If you have what you always want, why, why let it go?
The subject car (this thread) is awesome and has an interesting story that truly reinforces my feelings to hang on.

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/07/10 06:00 AM

"I remember hearing about this "Urban Legend A-12" when I lived in Ft.Worth and Austin between '87-'98... It's small world..."

Yes, but it was no urban legend...it was there and I saw it.

The guy who bought it was named Ronnie, he worked as a sort of freelance salesman out of an independent dealer in Round Rock. He tried to sell my friend a clean Hemi orange w/white vinyl top 70 Challenger RT/SE 383 4speed car for $2500 but the black carpet needed replacing so my friend passed.

He also bought a 68 GTS 340 4 speed I had wanted for years for $2,000. I had an agreement with the owner if he ever sold it to let me know...but he sold it to Ronnie instead because he knew Ronnie would sell it right away and he wouldn't have to see me driving it around town.
Posted By: sandbagger

Re: black A12 bee "trans by Bruce" photo - 08/09/10 06:29 PM

Pete's car was incredible for those who didn't see it!
Glad to hear your doing well and thanks for the help with my A12 Pete your a stand up guy!
Hope to see you at the Nats and you might recognize a few parts on my car....from you garage!

Attached picture 6131066-Oldpic642(Large).jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums