07/09/10 09:22 PM
07/09/10 09:22 PM
Orlando Fl
Dos Snails Offline OP
pro stock
Dos Snails  Offline OP
pro stock

Orlando Fl
I was laying under the convert looking at the unibody. I already tied the frame rails, If I extend the tie in past the trans cross member & tie it into the front rail would it help to strengthen the front by triangulating that area ? I think the front rails were angled in that area to clear the torsion bars & I'm going with something different. I also still have the trunk floor out. Will it help any to try to straighten the rear rails ( Going triangulated 4 link). I don't want to reinvent the wheel, But while it's all apart now would be the time to give it all the strength I can short of a tube frame ( but don't mind adding extra tubes )

Re: E body front frame rails tie-in @ the cross member [Re: Dos Snails] #744308
07/09/10 11:22 PM
07/09/10 11:22 PM
NY usa
540challenger Offline
master
540challenger  Offline
master

NY usa

Re: E body front frame rails tie-in @ the cross member [Re: Dos Snails] #744309
07/09/10 11:35 PM
07/09/10 11:35 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

I was laying under the convert looking at the unibody. I already tied the frame rails, If I extend the tie in past the trans cross member & tie it into the front rail would it help to strengthen the front by triangulating that area ? I think the front rails were angled in that area to clear the torsion bars & I'm going with something different. I also still have the trunk floor out. Will it help any to try to straighten the rear rails ( Going triangulated 4 link). I don't want to reinvent the wheel, But while it's all apart now would be the time to give it all the strength I can short of a tube frame ( but don't mind adding extra tubes )

Anything past the rear shock mounts is there just
to hold up the rear of the body... you dont need any
triangulation back there unless your going to use
the quarter panels as strength

Re: E body front frame rails tie-in @ the cross member [Re: MR_P_BODY] #744310
07/10/10 10:08 AM
07/10/10 10:08 AM
Orlando Fl
Dos Snails Offline OP
pro stock
Dos Snails  Offline OP
pro stock

Orlando Fl
I have that XV part also & the apron tie In's also. I don't want to triangulate anything in the rear rails,just the front box area. just was wondering if it would help any straighting the rear out.

Re: E body front frame rails tie-in @ the cross member [Re: Dos Snails] #744311
07/11/10 12:13 PM
07/11/10 12:13 PM
Salem
Grizzly Offline
Moparts Proctologist
Grizzly  Offline
Moparts Proctologist

Salem
Quote:

I was laying under the convert looking at the unibody. I already tied the frame rails, If I extend the tie in past the trans cross member & tie it into the front rail would it help to strengthen the front by triangulating that area ? I think the front rails were angled in that area to clear the torsion bars & I'm going with something different.

Sorry for the late reply, here goes: If I understand you correct, you are talking about the fact that the frame stiffeners don't attach behind the front subframe structure. What you are going for is one continuous rail from front to back?

Adding the piece in that you are talking about will stiffen it up a bit more, but I think there is another way to do it........

I also still have the trunk floor out. Will it help any to try to straighten the rear rails ( Going triangulated 4 link). I don't want to reinvent the wheel, But while it's all apart now would be the time to give it all the strength I can short of a tube frame ( but don't mind adding extra tubes )

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".