Florida
C
cataclysm80 Offline
master
cataclysm80  Offline
master
C

Florida
Thanks for answering most of those questions Dave. Just to clarify, the sheets you made were basically copies of existing sheets you had, no information was changed or had to be guessed at, right?

Tav

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: BS27R1B] #672177
04/25/10 10:16 AM
04/25/10 10:16 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Careful Mr Hanky your true colors are showing.

I would certainly hope so! I am very proud of everything we do.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: cataclysm80] #672178
04/25/10 10:54 AM
04/25/10 10:54 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Thanks for answering most of those questions Dave. Just to clarify, the sheets you made were basically copies of existing sheets you had, no information was changed or had to be guessed at, right?

Hi Tav,
These have never been used for any form of impropriety whatsoever. We do not sell them, barter them or give them away. As I stated earlier, they do not even register on my radar as an item of importance. One of the members here assumed that these were made simply to "fool" someone. The underlying reality for these being reproduced was because I was actually the fool! When I purchased my Black Cuda, I had no involvement or knowledge of the Chrysler industry at all! I bought the car because I was told by the "establishment" that it had the original build-sheet and window sticker! I remember thinking, "How could I go wrong!" Upon receiving the car (purchase from viewing a video; sight unseen) I realized that what I had bought was original paperwork and a non-original car. It had incorrect reproduction parts throughout the entire vehicle. It even had a General Motors Master Cylinder on it! The point is that I learned very quickly that "paperwork" could be just as mis-leading as it was beneficial. Most of the logic I have used in this thread comes from my own School of hard knocks. I don't have a problem admitting how stupid and naive I was to the industry back in 2002. In essence it was the driving force that made ECS what it is today. I am actually grateful for what was originally perceived as a bad situation. Regardless of what BSRICK or FAKE71HEMICUDA has assumed about our company, there has always been a larger picture for what ECS has done. Self gratification resulting from a (lessor) residual benefit is not always a bad thing! (Off to Church to pray for my "documentation" downfall.)

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672179
04/25/10 11:19 AM
04/25/10 11:19 AM
Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Rhinodart Offline
Rhinotruck
Rhinodart  Offline
Rhinotruck

Round Lake Beach, Illinoisy
Quote:

Quote:

I have IBS

It must be from eating a steady diet of Crow!

Never tasted a crow in my life, how are they?

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: bjg] #672180
04/25/10 11:48 AM
04/25/10 11:48 AM
Roswell, GA - near Atlanta
cloneguy Offline
super street
cloneguy  Offline
super street

All I can say is wow! I've been out for a while due to a death in the family and this is the first thread I happen upon.

This is America and we all have our rights to our own opinions and to free speach.

But, it troubles me to see so many whom I respect and admire in such a polarizing argument.

Alan, Barry, Dave, Scott and others, let's not forget, in the grand scheme here, we are all on the same team.

There will always be bad guys out there who do things the rest of us wouldn't do. Let's just all keep working together as good guys and hope the bad guys give up.

Martin, GA Quality Auto Restoration with Fair FIXED Pricing. Fast-N-Dangerous@comcast.net
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672181
04/25/10 12:25 PM
04/25/10 12:25 PM
North Central USA (MN-WI area)
MuscleMopars Offline
master
MuscleMopars  Offline
master

North Central USA (MN-WI area)
Quote:

I bought the car because I was told by the "establishment" that it had the original build-sheet and window sticker! I remember thinking, "How could I go wrong!" Upon receiving the car (purchase from viewing a video; sight unseen) I realized that what I had bought was original paperwork and a non-original car. It had incorrect reproduction parts throughout the entire vehicle. It even had a General Motors Master Cylinder on it!

Well, there ya go. You found out just how important "original" paperwork is! The original car can be changed but the original paperwork can't. Without it you don't know everything your car is supposed to be and with it you have the blueprint to change a "changed" car back to original. When I bought my Black '69 Road Runner it came with the original window sticker, two broadcast sheets and original dealership paperwork. With all of that I knew what the car was supposed be and any reproduction parts, incorrect parts, etc was secondary. All of those things could be changed where as the original paperwork can not...

Thanks,
Eric
email eric@musclemopars.com
715-426-HEMI (Shop)
612-669-CARS (Cell and Texts)

Go to my Moparts "Profile" to see my web site
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672182
04/25/10 12:48 PM
04/25/10 12:48 PM
Las Vegas, NV
6bblgt Offline
I Live Here
6bblgt  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas, NV
Dave, one simple question.

Did you and/or ECS create and/or modify a broadcast sheet (or aid in) for a '71 340 'Cuda (that you do not own) adding the required "6" to indicate a car factory equipped with a SHAKER hood - "N96"?

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: cloneguy] #672183
04/25/10 01:24 PM
04/25/10 01:24 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Quote:

let's not forget, in the grand scheme here, we are all on the same team.

I am not on any team with fakers & frauds, I prefer to spend my time with honest people.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: MuscleMopars] #672184
04/25/10 01:34 PM
04/25/10 01:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Without it you don't know everything your car is supposed to be and with it you have the blueprint to change a "changed" car back to original.

Sorry to ruin your theory but I didn't use the Broadcast sheet as a reference to restore the car AT ALL. The vehicle was simply a rolling example of reproduction (aka fake) parts and pieces. If you understood the context of my post, the "correct" paperwork only added extra cost and pseudo value to an incorrect car! I paid top dollar for it (at the time) and STILL had to invest over $200K to straighten things out.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672185
04/25/10 01:39 PM
04/25/10 01:39 PM
Georgetown Ontario Canada
anlauto Offline
I Live Here
anlauto  Offline
I Live Here

Georgetown Ontario Canada
That HemiCuda was the base or platform for your Reproduction harness tags and labels for Chrysler cars wasn't it?

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB SITE !
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Alaskan_TA] #672186
04/25/10 01:42 PM
04/25/10 01:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I am not on any team with fakers & frauds, I prefer to spend my time with honest people.

Now you might understand the context of your own words:

Never assume anything about something you know absolutely nothing about.

Your perception of people holds no validity to the reality of who they are! Try judging on facts rather than your petty dislike for someone.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: anlauto] #672187
04/25/10 01:44 PM
04/25/10 01:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes Alan. The Cuda was the start for everything we manufacture that is Chrysler related.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: 6bblgt] #672188
04/25/10 01:45 PM
04/25/10 01:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Dave, one simple question.

Did you and/or ECS create and/or modify a broadcast sheet (or aid in) for a '71 340 'Cuda (that you do not own) adding the required "6" to indicate a car factory equipped with a SHAKER hood - "N96"?

Absolutely not!

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Rhinodart] #672189
04/25/10 01:48 PM
04/25/10 01:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Never tasted a crow in my life, how are they?

From what I have been told Jim, Crow manifests a flavor very similar to that of "Distinct Denial"!

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672190
04/25/10 01:56 PM
04/25/10 01:56 PM
cloneguy Offline
super street
cloneguy  Offline
super street

I used to think that having a broadcast sheet added some extra value to a car. That was, of course, until reading this thread.

Now that I've heard people are making their own, I'll never look at one the same way again.

I pray that our beloved Mopars don't go the way of my long ago, beloved 427/435 Vettes. Now days a tank sticker means nothing because of all of the people making them.

Martin, GA Quality Auto Restoration with Fair FIXED Pricing. Fast-N-Dangerous@comcast.net
Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: cloneguy] #672191
04/25/10 02:14 PM
04/25/10 02:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for substantiating my earlier point Tim! Prior to reading this thread you had a "feeling" about something. Now you have a "different feeling"....right? What actually changed here? The Reality of the situation or your Awareness of it?

(Don't worry Tim, these won't be available or accessible to the market. Nothing has really changed.)

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: cloneguy] #672192
04/25/10 03:24 PM
west kentucky
G
gomangoRTSE Offline
pro stock
gomangoRTSE  Offline
pro stock
G

west kentucky
I pray that our beloved Mopars don't go the way of my long ago, beloved 427/435 Vettes. Now days a tank sticker means nothing because of all of the people making them.

There must be 10,000 427/435HP cars out there, and 10,000 427/425HP not to mention other high output bigblock Corvettes. They are more plentiful now then were ever made brand new.

Reminds me of when I was a kid. Seems like every 327/375 HP car ever made by GM was claimed to have been owned by kids in my town. I was running around with a 360 Duster at the time.

Knowing the pedigree (history) of the car has become the preferred method of documenting a Corvette nowadays.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet #672193
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Now you might understand the context of your own words:

Never assume anything about something you know absolutely nothing about.

Your perception of people holds no validity to the reality of who they are! Try judging on facts rather than your petty dislike for someone.

I can only judge what my experience with any individual leads me to believe. If someone asks me to help them come up with a fake tag, I do not have to assume their motives are less than honest.

I do not dislike anyone, I am not a hater. Very often I do not like the things some people do. I choose not to help dishonest people, I see no reason to hang out with them or help them.

That is my reality, I certainly do not expect everyone to share it, they have their own reality.

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: Alaskan_TA] #672194
04/25/10 04:24 PM
04/25/10 04:24 PM
State of retirement
52savoy Offline
master
52savoy  Offline
master

State of retirement
I wasn't planning on getting back into this..

I am thankful for all the companies that have put in time and money so I can make my cars look like they did 40 years ago(or so).
There wouldn't be an old car hobby as we know it if it wasn't for people or companies recognizing our needs.
If a person doesn't have enough brain power to know what is real and what is fake, they have no business getting into old cars ..or anything else. We've become a world of "pass the buck" and don't except responsibility for our own actions.

Lumping dishonest people with others(like me) that just like to have a "period correct" car really is unfair. As with anything, when it becomes valuable.. the riff-raff come out.

If we follow the logic represented to it's conclusion, there shouldn't be any restored cars being given awards because of FAKE paint marks, interior, trim, tires, paint and so on.
Just survivor type cars should be accepted. Regardless of condition.

just my penny's worth

Re: reproduction broadcast sheet [Re: 52savoy] #672195
04/25/10 04:30 PM
04/25/10 04:30 PM
Anchorage, Alaska
Iceman01 Offline
Challenged
Iceman01  Offline
Challenged

Anchorage, Alaska
Quote:

I am thankful for all the companies that have put in time and money so I can make my cars look like they did 40 years ago(or so). There wouldn't be an old car hobby as we know it if it wasn't for people or companies recognizing our needs. If a person doesn't have enough brain power to know what is real and what is fake, they have no business getting into old cars or anything else. We've become a world of "pass the buck" and don't except responsibility for our own actions.

Lumping dishonest people with others(like me) that just like to have a "period correct" car really is unfair. As with anything, when it becomes valuable the riff-raff come out.

If we follow the logic represented to it's conclusion, there shouldn't be any restored cars being given awards because of FAKE paint marks, interior, trim, tires, paint and so on.
Just survivor type cars should be accepted. Regardless of condition.

just my penny's worth

Excellent analysis!

Until total honesty is on the table, we're not even talking about reality...
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12