S
sixpaktoogo Offline
mopar
sixpaktoogo  Offline
mopar
S

California
Quote:

I have not found an E Body with the brass grommet in the carpet as of yet.

Dave, EVERY carpet I have removed from an E Body has had the grommets. The most recent a 1970 Cuda assembled in the Los Angeles plant.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: sixpaktoogo] #46742
05/19/08 12:59 PM
05/19/08 12:59 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Quote:

I have not found an E Body with the brass grommet in the carpet as of yet.

Dave, EVERY carpet I have removed from an E Body has had the grommets. The most recent a 1970 Cuda assembled in the Los Angeles plant.

With the different vendors I am sure that this scenario is all across the board. Half of the E Body cars I looked at did not even have holes drilled to incorporate the clips. (My Challenger falls into that group. No holes or clips.) The picture samples I posted above of the copper carpet was also out of a California car. Its hard to draw any conclusions from such inconsistent data!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: sixpaktoogo] #46743
05/19/08 01:23 PM
05/19/08 01:23 PM
Dallas, TX
70challrtse Offline
super gas
70challrtse  Offline
super gas

Dallas, TX
The carpet I pulled from my LA built 70 Challenger also had the grommets.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: sixpaktoogo] #46744
05/19/08 01:32 PM
05/19/08 01:32 PM
NoVa
E
ebodyseast Offline
mopar
ebodyseast  Offline
mopar
E

NoVa
The only E body Mopars I've ever owned were '70 & '71 E Bodys, a total of 7, six of them had there rear seats out and among other things - their carpets examined for condition and during exam, all six had brass grommets in rear on both sides, I took this to mean ALL Ebody carpets had them and never gave a second thought. All that really meant was there were over 100,000 other EBodys I never got to put my grubby paws on.

ECS has opened my eyes at least to the FACT that not ALL had them in 70-74. He is apparently finding quite a few of these carpets without grommets, so we'd better accept it. If these new carpets are that much better & hot sellers, maybe the other manufacturers will take notice, and retool their carpets to compete, and even go one farther and install the repro grommets as a way to offer even better details. I don't remember the company name or tv show, but one carpet company has an actual EBody floor pan that they use to mold the contours of their carpets for 'exact' fit. So any fitting issues in the past and present are quite inexcusable.

I'll be ordering mine from ECS in August 'cause I aint getting another rolled up unit that takes days to lay flat to come back to any kind of decent form and color fades away to purple spectrum in short time. I do assume that it will come with the special Hi-Beam grommet.

If there are any issues, ECS has a reputation you can hardly deny for being a stand up guy, - so why worry?
--------------------------------------------------
Why worry? Either you are well or you are sick. If you are well, you have nothing to worry about. If you are sick, you have two things to worry about. Either you will get better or you will die. If you get better, you have nothing to worry about. If you die, you have two things to worry about. Either you will go to Heaven or you will go to Hell. If you go to Heaven...you have nothing to worry about. If you go to Hell, you will be so busy shaking hands with your friends...you won't have time to worry.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ebodyseast] #46745
05/19/08 01:52 PM
05/19/08 01:52 PM
Zzyzx Road
beepbeep Offline
moparts member
beepbeep  Offline
moparts member

Zzyzx Road
So I take it that everyone who thinks the grommets were on all the carpets, has the FAD to back the claim up.

Amazing how an unchallenged lie can become the absolute truth.
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: beepbeep] #46746
05/19/08 02:06 PM
05/19/08 02:06 PM
Crook County, ILL
Mastershake340 Offline
master
Mastershake340  Offline
master

Crook County, ILL
I just looked at my T/A's old carpet, stashed out in the garage (I never throw anything away!). It has the brass grommets too.
I'm guessing this is a situation where there were different vendors or design revisions during the course of the year(s), some had 'em, some didn't, and the only way to know for a particular car if it had the grommets or not is if the original carpet is still there or like in my case, stashed away.
I assume these new carpets will have the molded in heel pads not stitched?

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46747
05/19/08 02:30 PM
05/19/08 02:30 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
I believe one of the problems with installing the grommets has to do with proper fit. If these grommets were installed by the manufacturer that might make the carpet one dimensional for the end user. If the grommet was incorrectly positioned, connecting it to the clip might keep the carpet from sitting correctly in the floor pan. I considered installing these myself but was worried that if they were not positioned exactly correct for a person’s car, the “grommet” feature becomes a moot point and would not be able to be used. Let me clarify that I know these grommets were used on some cars. The bottom line is that no manufacturer is going to pigeon hole their product to possibly be incorrect due to subtle variations between vehicles. I would suggest spending a little extra time putting the grommet in yourselves if this is such an important feature. That way you can be guaranteed that they are positioned specifically for your car. For those who do not have the clips, that makes installation even easier! Once installed it will look just like a factory job!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46748
06/10/08 06:35 PM
06/10/08 06:35 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
I want to apologize to those who have been patiently waiting to purchase the new carpets we have been advertising. We ordered about 42 sets of B And E body carpets and received them about 3 weeks ago. They were shipped flat but they were not protected from additional items/weight being stacked on top so they were basically smashed way TOO flat. Their preformed shapes were completely ruined. We are returning the shipment and are having custom made enclosed shipping containers, that will be used to transport our carpets exclusively. They will incorporate an actual floor pan of the vehicle's style carpet that is being shipped, to guarantee that the carpet's form will not be ruined during the trip. Again I want to sincerely apologize for this set back. We should get the new shipment started as soon as our custom containers are completed. Thanks!!

Dave Walden
ECS Automotive Concepts, LLC

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46749
06/10/08 08:29 PM
06/10/08 08:29 PM
Missouri, U.S.A.
J
JSSuperbee Offline
enthusiast
JSSuperbee  Offline
enthusiast
J

Missouri, U.S.A.
Dave:

I talked to you yesterday. I'm in Oakville. I'm standing by waiting for your call to let me know the new shipment of B body carpets in black are ready for sale. Would appreciate if you would put me on the list for one of the ones that arrive first. Jim

James Stinebaker
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46750
06/10/08 09:53 PM
06/10/08 09:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

I want to apologize to those who have been patiently waiting to purchase the new carpets we have been advertising. We ordered about 42 sets of B And E body carpets and received them about 3 weeks ago. They were shipped flat but they were not protected from additional items/weight being stacked on top so they were basically smashed way TOO flat. Their preformed shapes were completely ruined. We are returning the shipment and are having custom made enclosed shipping containers, that will be used to transport our carpets exclusively. They will incorporate an actual floor pan of the vehicle's style carpet that is being shipped, to guarantee that the carpet's form will not be ruined during the trip. Again I want to sincerely apologize for this set back. We should get the new shipment started as soon as our custom containers are completed. Thanks!!

Dave Walden
ECS Automotive Concepts, LLC

I don't want to start a war but can you guarantee your shipping container to the customer.An actual picture would be nice.
Thanks

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! #46751
06/10/08 11:19 PM
06/10/08 11:19 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

I don't want to start a war but can you guarantee your shipping container to the customer.An actual picture would be nice.
Thanks

We use double walled corrugated 70"X34"X11" boxes to ship them in. The carpet is suspended inside the box with corrugated triangular divides and any excess space is padded with bubble wrap. Our cost for the boxes alone are over $15 each. (This doesn’t even include the other necessary components mentioned or the cost to pay my employees to pack and prepare the carpet for shipping.) I think our shipping containers are overkill and more than adequate. I am sure we could continue to go bigger, stronger and more expensive but how much should I expect my customers to pay for shipping and other associated costs?

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46752
06/11/08 08:57 AM
06/11/08 08:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks

We use double walled corrugated 70"X34"X11" boxes to ship them in. The carpet is suspended inside the box with corrugated triangular divides and any excess space is padded with bubble wrap. Our cost for the boxes alone are over $15 each. (This doesn’t even include the other necessary components mentioned or the cost to pay my employees to pack and prepare the carpet for shipping.) I think our shipping containers are overkill and more than adequate. I am sure we could continue to go bigger, stronger and more expensive but how much should I expect my customers to pay for shipping and other associated costs?

Ok,so far so good.Now how about a guesstimate to say CA,or MA.since you are in MO,close to mid point in continental U.S.Shouldn't be hard to do.You are probably oversize other than truck freight or Greyhound.With surcharges increasing on everything being shipped with the current economy situation I think this is something everyone would question.
I guess this is kind of like woodworking,measure twice,cut once.Check on shipping cost before saying send me one.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! #46753
06/11/08 11:17 AM
06/11/08 11:17 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
We do not do like many companies and add a surcharge on the shipping. We do our best to keep the cost down for the customer but not at the expense of compromising a safe delivery. You are correct about the "oversize" status of the container. The shipping charges are based on size and not by weight. Average cost to any location in the continental U.S. is between $85 and $110 per container. The shipping is more than the smaller boxes but the superior product that you receive far exceeds the additional shipping expense. Installation is cut to 1/4th of the time and it looks much better than the alternative "rolled" stuff. I will post a picture of our container and a comparison of what you will receive from us with respect to the carpet that is shipped in a small container. Thanks!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46754
06/11/08 04:49 PM
06/11/08 04:49 PM
None
71rm23 Offline
master
71rm23  Offline
master

None
Lets not forget: No matter what the size of the piece being shipped, I'll cost extra for the gas

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: 71rm23] #46755
06/11/08 07:07 PM
06/11/08 07:07 PM
Warrenton, VA
RoadRunnerJD Offline
master
RoadRunnerJD  Offline
master

Warrenton, VA
Got free gas the other day! Ate some beans!

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46756
06/11/08 10:22 PM
06/11/08 10:22 PM
S
sixbbl69 Offline
top fuel
sixbbl69  Offline
top fuel
S

are you for real.or are these charges for next day air????????

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: sixbbl69] #46757
06/11/08 10:33 PM
06/11/08 10:33 PM
Land of 10,000 Lakes
44D6PAKCUDA Offline
top fuel
44D6PAKCUDA  Offline
top fuel

Land of 10,000 Lakes
OK,now all is well....

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: sixbbl69] #46758
06/12/08 03:00 AM
06/12/08 03:00 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline OP
David Walden
ECS  Offline OP
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

You obviously must think I control everything in the business world sixbbl69. I certainly appreciate your sentiment but there are some things I am victim to just like everyone else. I am sorry to say that I don't get to tell the shippers what they can or cannot charge me to ship oversize containers. Besides, we use BAX GLOBAL as our shipper. They cost more but seem to treat things much better than UPS or FED EX. You may want to call BAX and tell them how to conduct their business affairs. Just like everyone here on Moparts, I am sure they would be privileged to have you provide them with your infinite wisdom and knowledge on the subject.

Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: ECS] #46759
06/12/08 03:33 AM
06/12/08 03:33 AM
Anchorage, Alaska
Iceman01 Offline
Challenged
Iceman01  Offline
Challenged

Anchorage, Alaska
Quote:

Quote:

You obviously must think I control everything in the business world sixbbl69. I certainly appreciate your sentiment but there are some things I am victim to just like everyone else. I am sorry to say that I don't get to tell the shippers what they can or cannot charge me to ship oversize containers. Besides, we use BAX GLOBAL as our shipper. They cost more but seem to treat things much better than UPS or FED EX. You may want to call BAX and tell them how to conduct their business affairs. Just like everyone here on Moparts, I am sure they would be privileged to have you provide them with your infinite wisdom and knowledge on the subject.

100%

Until total honesty is on the table, we're not even talking about reality...
Re: FINALLY! FACTORY EXACT AUTO CARPET!!! [Re: Iceman01] #46760
06/12/08 06:06 AM
06/12/08 06:06 AM
Lynch Road / St. Louis
bebeep1969 Offline
mopar
bebeep1969  Offline
mopar

Lynch Road / St. Louis
If anyone has had the pleasure to use ECS to buy any of there great products like I have on numerous occasions, Dave is not making any money on shipping his products to your door. He is doing everything possible to make this right. The packaging may be expensive but will be worth it. If anyone out there is going to b**** and complain about it, order your carpet from the vendors that send you s*** that is to short, does not fit, and inferior in quality.

Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19