06/06/09 07:01 AM
06/06/09 07:01 AM
Martinez, California
C
Challenged Offline
Challenged  Offline
C

Martinez, California
Domingo, Nu-Relics also sells window crank switches. They are a switch that uses your window crank handle. Only thing is I didn't see model specific for mopar. Give them a call they might just work.

Re: NE1 tried this aftermarket power window kit 4 E Body? [Re: domingo] #335372
07/13/09 02:59 AM
07/13/09 02:59 AM
Knoxville, TN
KEISLER Offline
super street
KEISLER  Offline
super street

Knoxville, TN
Quote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...#ht_4059wt_1005

Wondering if it works....

Would put on the correct switches on the door panels for sure, but I was wondering how good would it work...or should I forget about it and just try to find and original setup??

Im am ttired of rolling all 4 manual windows up and down each time I rise or lower the top on the cuda vert.

Thanks!

Domingo,

I normally don't comment on non-competitor vendor product. With that said, we purchased this product through XV Motorsports for the Maximum Overdrive Kuda.

It has been a disaster and an utter disappointment. We are now on our 3rd set with the manufacturer. More than 100 man hours have been spent installing, adjusting, debugging, etc to no avail. Empire Mopars in NY that built the Kuda couldn't get it working, neither could their glass company, nor could Alloway Customs (premier street rod builder), nor could we. The manufacturer appears unable to service the kit. XV has given up on them to help.

None of the 4 regulator/drive assemblies work correctly. The rears bare roll up. The left front comes up about 1/2 way if you open the door, otherwise it won't come up at all. The right front gave up the ghost at the worse possible time - during the 3 hour photoshoot with Hot Rod Magazine on last month. The window stuck in a 1/2 down position. I worked in the parking garage until 2am that night to remove the motor, and rig up a foam block to keep the glass from breaking.

The glass moves freely in the track. I believe the problem to be in the electrical design of the harness. They use the switch to carry motor power, and I don't believe these switches are designed for that load (I have the black illuminated switch; not the GM universal ones that my mom's station wagon had). I took the switch apart and found the contact to be fatigued in the open position. The contacts look to be 3amp max. These motors likely need 10amps to drive the correct glass against new weatherstrip, cat whiskers, etc.

I am considering other options. If anyone knows how to make these work in an ebody, please let me know. You will be my best friend!!

What a pain in the a$$ to not have working windows.

Re: NE1 tried this aftermarket power window kit 4 E Body? [Re: KEISLER] #335373
07/13/09 03:25 AM
07/13/09 03:25 AM
Today? Who Knows?
1_WILD_RT Offline
Management Trainee
1_WILD_RT  Offline
Management Trainee

Today? Who Knows?
Quote:

I am considering other options. If anyone knows how to make these work in an ebody, please let me know. You will be my best friend!!

What a pain in the a$$ to not have working windows.

I'd suggest the same fix as I suggest for OE Mopar power windows... Add relays.. Use the exsisting wiring as the trigger circut & run 12 gauge wires as the feeds to each window.. Add body grounds at each window & you've eliminated most of the potential issues... https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=

Re: NE1 tried this aftermarket power window kit 4 E Body? [Re: 1_WILD_RT] #335374
07/13/09 09:28 AM
07/13/09 09:28 AM
Florida
C
cataclysm80 Offline
master
cataclysm80  Offline
master
C

Florida
try that first. You might also need new switches if you fried yours.

If that doesn't work out, try the power window kit XV makes (different kit). It uses real regulators and really wasn't that difficult to install.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=

Tav

Page 2 of 2 1 2