04/14/24 11:45 AM
04/14/24 11:45 AM
Eagle, Idaho
Neil Offline
The Doctor is in.
Neil  Offline
The Doctor is in.

Eagle, Idaho
Instead of competition between several companies for the best parts now they have to worry about the imitators stealing their sales. Instead of making the best parts, and letting the price fall where it may, now they are under pressure to cut corners to keep their prices competitive with the guys who are selling fake parts.

The "cheap parts are great" racers have their priorities not quite right. Chinese motor parts because that is all they can afford, so they say, and yet they have a newer diesel pickup, enclosed trailer, golf cart or atv pit vehicle, etc. Somewhere in the middle of buying all that other stuff to go racing they couldn't find a few extra $$$ to buy non-China made parts? Ok. whistling

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: Neil] #3226996
04/14/24 11:51 AM
04/14/24 11:51 AM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.

Lots of hollier than thou guys on this website but I know what lurks in their Harbor Freight tool boxes. Lmao 🤣

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: pittsburghracer] #3227006
04/14/24 12:31 PM
04/14/24 12:31 PM
Eagle, Idaho
Neil Offline
The Doctor is in.
Neil  Offline
The Doctor is in.

Eagle, Idaho
Never stepped foot in a Harbor Freight to be honest. I'm not a Snap-On snob either. Majority of my tools are older Craftsman all crammed into a Craftsman tool box that is too small. I'm too cheap to buy a bigger tool box despite needing one so there.

I just find it amusing where guys think they are geniuses for buying knock off parts as if they have outsmarted everyone who paid more for the real deal parts. It's even more ridiculous when they could have easily afforded the better parts to begin with.

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: pittsburghracer] #3227011
04/14/24 12:43 PM
04/14/24 12:43 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
Originally Posted by Al_Alguire

I wonder how many of our members are running Stealth heads. Lol 😂

Not this one, nor do I use Chinese parts in any of my stuff. I don't see how anyone can condone the practice of reverse engineering and profiting from pirated tech..This has NOTHING to do with advancing the technology it is just blatant piracy and theft of intellectual property.

I would sure like to take a walk through your shop or house. Although having a wife with a great job helps too. What make tv, washer and dryer do you have.

even the "Proudly Made in the USA" brands often have internal parts made in places like tiwan, india, pakistan, or china, and these items are usually made of chinesium.
beer

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: moparx] #3227017
04/14/24 01:05 PM
04/14/24 01:05 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.

We worked with a lot different of hazardous materials in the steel mill and often put double paper (plastic suits) on to protect us. When the blade g buy American crunch came on we got a new vendor for these suits. Boxes were are proudly makes made in the USA. Well the boxes were, the suits weren’t. Where do you think your clothes came from.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: pittsburghracer] #3227024
04/14/24 01:16 PM
04/14/24 01:16 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA

Lots of hollier than thou guys on this website but I know what lurks in their Harbor Freight tool boxes. Lmao 🤣

Lots of young guys who don't care where their tools, parts, etc, come from. Snapon, Mac and Cornhole in the shop every week. And they have HF or Lowes tool boxes full of off shore stuff. It's all about the money and "it's good enough".

I spent a lot of years making payments to the Snap on man every week. Still use all of it everyday. The scarcity of off shore crap in my building is a reflection of the pride I take in everything I do.

I started a thread about Amazon AN stuff a few weeks ago, out of curiosity. I broke down and let the guy bring me the stuff. Total garbage. Laughable. Normal wrenches didn't fit them. Hose was trash. Fell apart when I tried to force it into the out of whack fittings. $50 for what would have been at least 500 from Fragola or Aeroquip. Never again. I'm too old and grumpy to deal with garbage and half a$$ stuff..

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: CMcAllister] #3227038
04/14/24 02:31 PM
04/14/24 02:31 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Were we discussing home furnishings or racecar parts? FWIW we support as many American companies as possible. I know you do as well as anyone else the overwhelming majority of electronics are made overseas, find me an American company making them and they will get my support. We try to buy home furnishing made in the USA as much as possible. Sub Zero and Wolf in the Kitchen. Assembled here but I'm sure many parts sourced from overseas. The question is are those part stolen technology and from American companies? I am fairly surer we all know that answer to be no. Would I buy a Chinese knock off TV or a Japanese one, easy call why support communist China who has a knack of stealing and reverse engineering technology from countries and companies who actually developed it. Ill buy the Japanese one, since they developed the tech. House full of Sony's here from 100" to 54". I have found in life if you buy cheap stuff you get just that cheap stuff. Furniture is all made in the US custom stuff. We don't go to the box stores to buy furniture. We prefer to pay more for custom built pieces to get what we want and know that it will stand the test of time.

As for racecar stuff it helps to know who you are dealing with. Forming relationships with companies and contacts rather than chasing the cheapest way to get it done. Feel free to come and point out the off shore stuff in my shop. Parts or tools...Hell I even over paid for my American made vise from Wilton....

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: pittsburghracer] #3227045
04/14/24 03:02 PM
04/14/24 03:02 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA

We worked with a lot different of hazardous materials in the steel mill and often put double paper (plastic suits) on to protect us. When the blade g buy American crunch came on we got a new vendor for these suits. Boxes were are proudly makes made in the USA. Well the boxes were, the suits weren’t. Where do you think your clothes came from.

Not China. USA, Hondoras and other South American countries, Vietnam, Mexico, Indonesia, Pakistan, et.al.

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: Al_Alguire] #3227046
04/14/24 03:13 PM
04/14/24 03:13 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Were we discussing home furnishings or racecar parts? FWIW we support as many American companies as possible. I know you do as well as anyone else the overwhelming majority of electronics are made overseas, find me an American company making them and they will get my support. We try to buy home furnishing made in the USA as much as possible. Sub Zero and Wolf in the Kitchen. Assembled here but I'm sure many parts sourced from overseas. The question is are those part stolen technology and from American companies? I am fairly surer we all know that answer to be no. Would I buy a Chinese knock off TV or a Japanese one, easy call why support communist China who has a knack of stealing and reverse engineering technology from countries and companies who actually developed it. Ill buy the Japanese one, since they developed the tech. House full of Sony's here from 100" to 54". I have found in life if you buy cheap stuff you get just that cheap stuff. Furniture is all made in the US custom stuff. We don't go to the box stores to buy furniture. We prefer to pay more for custom built pieces to get what we want and know that it will stand the test of time.

As for racecar stuff it helps to know who you are dealing with. Forming relationships with companies and contacts rather than chasing the cheapest way to get it done. Feel free to come and point out the off shore stuff in my shop. Parts or tools...Hell I even over paid for my American made vise from Wilton....

Does it matter whether it’s clothes or car parts. If you are going to preach it, live it. Dont bend the rules to fit your lifestyle. Like I said earlier you have a wife making big money so Dont preach to us guys on fixed incomes. We are just lucky to be out there racing. Thank God 440source entered the game years ago for us less fortunate racers. I jumped into the mid 8’s@155mph thanks to them. At that Tim I couldn’t afford a keith black block and Calias cranks. Preach on Al.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: pittsburghracer] #3227047
04/14/24 03:24 PM
04/14/24 03:24 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
I am on a fixed income as well. Both my wife and I are from our Military service, what we did from 1985 to 2018, if you think that makes us rich somehow you are mistaken. We didn't own a home until 2011 for that reason. Who's preaching we have been this way most of our adult lives, its a decision we committed to. Maybe its our patriotic way of thinking but if you believe that is preaching so be it, for us it is a CHOICE, we all make them. We have tired to spend money wisely and support American made products or labor whenever and wherever we can. It's a Conscience choice to do so. Sometimes we do without, other times we simply wait til we can afford what we want, rather than the instant gratification of having something.

I see buying STOLEN intellectual property and supporting communist countries who actively support it as a very poor choice. But hey its your choice, if I have an OPTION I choose to spend my money elsewhere. Stating how well it works does nothing to support your core argument. I seem to recall you like to play the market as well. So don't preach fixed income when clearly the fixed portion of your income is just one source of income. Just like we us

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: Al_Alguire] #3227050
04/14/24 03:46 PM
04/14/24 03:46 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
I am on a fixed income as well. Both my wife and I are from our Military service, what we did from 1985 to 2018, if you think that makes us rich somehow you are mistaken. We didn't own a home until 2011 for that reason. Who's preaching we have been this way most of our adult lives, its a decision we committed to. Maybe its our patriotic way of thinking but if you believe that is preaching so be it, for us it is a CHOICE, we all make them. We have tired to spend money wisely and support American made products or labor whenever and wherever we can. It's a Conscience choice to do so. Sometimes we do without, other times we simply wait til we can afford what we want, rather than the instant gratification of having something.

I see buying STOLEN intellectual property and supporting communist countries who actively support it as a very poor choice. But hey its your choice, if I have an OPTION I choose to spend my money elsewhere. Stating how well it works does nothing to support your core argument. I seem to recall you like to play the market as well. So don't preach fixed income when clearly the fixed portion of your income is just one source of income. Just like we us

Do you even race YOUR cars anymore. I always see you with your buddy and his Chevy.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: Al_Alguire] #3227051
04/14/24 03:53 PM
04/14/24 03:53 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Even more frustrating is when American companies, founded by racers, innovators, inventors, and people whose passion was making better stuff, are bought up by equity firms and conglomerates and 1) get rid of smart people and engineers, and put R&D on the back burner 2) cut the number of parts and pieces produced because they were slow movers, eliminating parts important to niche markets, and 3) farm out production to overseas factories and entities, cutting QC and overall quality, and selling it for the same price.

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: pittsburghracer] #3227054
04/14/24 04:00 PM
04/14/24 04:00 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Yeah I have three want pictures. I'm starting to feel a haters gonna hate vibe. Why get personal?

I will be racing one of my cars next week here. I apologize that I don't live where we can race weekly. Then again, I CHOSE to focus my racing efforts on NHRA stuff, because that is what we have here. I would have run the fling had I been in town for the whole week but I was gone Wed until Friday. It will be the fourth time out this year with the truck, but only the second actual at a race, first race I went red to the eventual winner. Its new so the rest has been testing. Do I need to come here and make a report every time I go out'? Or on FB? I generally don't feel the need to post every time I go out with a car. Its frankly not that exciting or important.

And yep IIll be with my buddy forst weekend of May racing in St Louis at the NMCA race. If that bothers you sorry not sorry.

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: CMcAllister] #3227055
04/14/24 04:02 PM
04/14/24 04:02 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
Originally Posted by CMcAllister
Even more frustrating is when American companies, founded by racers, innovators, inventors, and people whose passion was making better stuff, are bought up by equity firms and conglomerates and 1) get rid of smart people and engineers, and put R&D on the back burner 2) cut the number of parts and pieces produced because they were slow movers, eliminating parts important to niche markets, and 3) farm out production to overseas factories and entities, cutting QC and overall quality, and selling it for the same price.

And way to much of that very thing has happened in the last decade. Even Jegs met that fate. Can't blame the owners when cashing out I suppose but it hurts the industry when they go that way.

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: Al_Alguire] #3227059
04/14/24 04:44 PM
04/14/24 04:44 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Yeah I have three want pictures. I'm starting to feel a haters gonna hate vibe. Why get personal?

I will be racing one of my cars next week here. I apologize that I don't live where we can race weekly. Then again, I CHOSE to focus my racing efforts on NHRA stuff, because that is what we have here. I would have run the fling had I been in town for the whole week but I was gone Wed until Friday. It will be the fourth time out this year with the truck, but only the second actual at a race, first race I went red to the eventual winner. Its new so the rest has been testing. Do I need to come here and make a report every time I go out'? Or on FB? I generally don't feel the need to post every time I go out with a car. Its frankly not that exciting or important.

And yep IIll be with my buddy forst weekend of May racing in St Louis at the NMCA race. If that bothers you sorry not sorry.

No hate Al. I enjoy following your racing adventures but when guys start harping on others because we have to choose cheaper options to still be out there playing this game. It costs a lot of money to race weekly in todays world. I could have chosen to sit out like many have and just quit. But that’s not me. My K1 cranks, Molnar rods and cranks come from overseas and many many of us are running them in our engines.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: pittsburghracer] #3227061
04/14/24 04:49 PM
04/14/24 04:49 PM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
And I CHOOSE to take the time to spend the money on American made products for the cars because I have OPTIONS...Takes longer to get them together but so be it..Why it took me two years and change to get the engine for the truck done....

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: rickseeman] #3227205
04/15/24 01:41 PM
04/15/24 01:41 PM
San Jose,CA
migsBIG Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source
migsBIG  Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source

San Jose,CA
Seen that, was pissed. Just bought their heads last week, luckily the money did not go to them directly. The whole reason I buy rom Summit is to not want to buy stolen, cheap knock of stuff. Hope he sues seed master 79 and makes them regret copy right infringement.

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: migsBIG] #3227461
04/16/24 01:47 PM
04/16/24 01:47 PM
Nor here, Nor there
D
Dart 500 Offline OP
super stock
Dart 500  Offline OP
super stock
D

Nor here, Nor there
Update - Bro has started a revolution

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: Dart 500] #3227486
04/16/24 02:54 PM
04/16/24 02:54 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.

If this went down exactly like he’s saying I hope he gets a big paycheck. But watching his videos is like eating paste glue. Shorten the video up please so you can actually make it to the end. Dont review the whole first video in the new video. Keep it watchable

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Re: Beware of the knock offs [Re: pittsburghracer] #3227515
04/16/24 04:42 PM
04/16/24 04:42 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Bro hasnt started anything except hes gotten a few gear heads to comment.

Hello... look at our current jet fighters and things that really matter in our lives vs what they have stolen here. Nothing ever even comes from the things that really matter and folks think this is gonna get traction? What company or entity has not been hacked by them? And still nothing happens.

But the crux of the issue is this. Were on the tail end of the gravy train and now its time to pay the piper. From Mfg. to consumer its all been about making more and paying less.... end of story. Now they seem to have the upper hand and that is just how it is.

Wow 113 comments on the vid and guy thinks hes on a roll. Yep I hate it for him and anyone who has this happen but again... where is the outrage in the bigger picture on a grander scale?

STOP POTATO HATE!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3