08/23/23 02:04 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
Originally Posted by jcc
You nailed it, Thanks " #2 tube height from the attaching bolt centerline at #6 tube is 3 3/8".

You have the header that was my first choice and the one expected to be the tallest, but I should be able to make that work.
Never really expected to solve my problem here, I just needed to rant. beer

glad that was somewhat useful to you.
as for ranting, i'm old, and old guys are supposed to crab and bit$h all the time............ biggrin
beer

Re: TTI Header Question/Customer Service [Re: TJP] #3169915
08/23/23 02:17 PM
08/23/23 02:17 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
Originally Posted by TJP
Myself, I would make it a poin tocall Sam next week. If he doesn't know what his employees are doing you can't expect it to improve. I many time encourage owners of comapnies to call in with questions like yours to see the responses wink

On the ceramic coating, i stoppe buying coated headers after watching exactly what you described, 6-12 months and they are going to 🔥 .
the only coatings i have found stand up are those from JET HOT or VHT period. twocents beer

when using the jet hot [doesn't the headers need sent out for this ?] and especially the vht, after application of the vht, were the headers baked before use ?
luckily for me, there is a metal fabrication place that is only a couple of miles from me [they are rated in the top 40 manufacturing companies in the U.S.A. up] and they do powder coating of all types.
they especially like to work with old car enthusiasts, which is another plus !
when i get my exhaust finished, i am going to have them coat the whole system.
after talking to them, they said if i decided to use another product on the headers, they would blast, clean, [they use gloves in all steps] and spray whatever product i decided upon. they would then bake the exhaust system as the product required. all of this for roughly $150-200.00. boogie bow
beer

Re: TTI Header Question/Customer Service [Re: A12] #3169979
08/23/23 07:42 PM
08/23/23 07:42 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline OP
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline OP
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by BDW
Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
Those two stories above... from an AMERICAN company is a good example of why
China and other overseas companies, are making so much money. These U.S. companies
like TTI better get their act together, asap.

And who do you call when your China made product fails or disappoints and who will answer and speaks American English to most likely tell you the same thing or less?...............I'll wait over here for that answer............ drinking

The answer is you don't expect to get an answer from the Chinese conpany, and pay less.
You pay more expecting to get support from an American company.
So if you don't get that support, why pay the premium?

I shared nothing that this was something of any urgency, and it's not.
The person responded, "I don't know how to measure that".
I responded, "Use a tape measure."
He responded, "I don't have time to go out back and take a measurement."
I responded, "well who might?"
He responded "Sam, call back next week"
I responded, "who is Sam?"
He responded, "the owner"

The person at TTI, from what I read, didn't totally not offer an answer but seemed not to be the person that had the technical knowledge to do what was asked. When questioned "then who might?" He responed with the "OWNER". Seems like he would have gotten an answer to his not so urgent question from the top. I'm sure the OP wasn't the only customer on the phone or holding for customer service, Just got the wrong customer service person at the wrong time that didn't have the time to go back and measure a set of headers at that moment.

Your take on the interaction is not out of bounds, but one thing hard to convey here is "tone", and It seemed to be, "I don't care to answer such a silly question and you are bothering me"

Early on if he would have just said, "Give Sam the owner a call when he returns next week as he knows the most around here", this thread would not exist.
Maybe I expect too much.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: TTI Header Question/Customer Service [Re: larrymopar360] #3169985
08/23/23 08:08 PM
08/23/23 08:08 PM
UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
N
NITROUSN Online content
I Live Here
NITROUSN  Online Content
I Live Here
N

UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by Mopar Mitch
I'm interested in possibly getting TTi headers for my E-body, small block... having the longer T/A Fast Ratio PITMAN ARM, as well as the longer IDLER ARM (required to make the proper radius equal in turning left-right... also known as fast-ratio Idler arm... simply a '70 C-body idler arm).

I need to know IF their headers will clear those longer arms. The person I spoke to gave me a quick "I don't know...".. and he supposedly asked someone else inside TTi... same answer... "... don't know..".

As TTi concentrates on MOPARS, I thought they should know.

I'll find out sooner or later, but I do know that the Hooker 5115 do clear both arms (I have them)... longer idler arm requires slight dinging on one tube.. Maybe I'll just buy another set of Hookers.
I know it's not the same but I have TTI headers and Fast ratio pitman and idler arm and they clear. '89 Diplomat Police.

Nice 4wd Diplomat.

Re: TTI Header Question/Customer Service [Re: Mopar Mitch] #3170009
08/23/23 09:17 PM
08/23/23 09:17 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline OP
jcc  Offline OP
J

Bitopia
I'm interested in possibly getting TTi headers for my E-body, small block... having the longer T/A Fast Ratio PITMAN ARM, as well as the longer IDLER ARM (required to make the proper radius equal in turning left-right... also known as fast-ratio Idler arm... simply a '70 C-body idler arm).

I need to know IF their headers will clear those longer arms. The person I spoke to gave me a quick "I don't know...".. and he supposedly asked someone else inside TTi... same answer... "... don't know..".

I'll find out sooner or later, but I do know that the Hooker 5115 do clear both arms (I have them)... longer idler arm requires slight dinging on one tube.. Maybe I'll just buy another set of Hookers.

Everything I have read on their website indicates to me that nothing they offer works with a fast ratio arm set-up.
The easiest option with TTI is then Borg PS box to get any faster ratio it seems to me.
Or you could call Sam next week. grin

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: TTI Header Question/Customer Service [Re: moparx] #3170015
08/23/23 09:39 PM
08/23/23 09:39 PM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
Originally Posted by moparx

when using the jet hot [doesn't the headers need sent out for this ?] and especially the vht, after application of the vht, were the headers baked before use ?
luckily for me, there is a metal fabrication place that is only a couple of miles from me [they are rated in the top 40 manufacturing companies in the U.S.A. up] and they do powder coating of all types.
they especially like to work with old car enthusiasts, which is another plus !
when i get my exhaust finished, i am going to have them coat the whole system.
after talking to them, they said if i decided to use another product on the headers, they would blast, clean, [they use gloves in all steps] and spray whatever product i decided upon. they would then bake the exhaust system as the product required. all of this for roughly $150-200.00. boogie bow beer

Yes on the headers having to be sent to Jet Hot. I took a set to the machine shop t to have them dynoed with the motor that was freshly built. When I went back his first question was: Who coated those headers??? He said he had yet to see a set make it through break in, tuning etc. without the coating failing near the exhaust ports.

VHT is best applied to a freshly blasted surface and then handled carefully until it's cured. This other nice thing is most ,aterial burns off and if not once removed they can easily bet touched up. Been using the SP117 for over 47 years smile

Myself, it's Jet hot or VHT. At 69 Years old Ii have yet to see anything comparable. Do keep in mind I have owned and operated a classic car repair/ resto facility for over 25 years wink beer

Re: TTI Header Question/Customer Service [Re: jcc] #3170065
08/24/23 08:54 AM
08/24/23 08:54 AM
Long Island, NY
shakerjoe Offline
master
shakerjoe  Offline
master

Long Island, NY
You might want to try Rob’s Rod Shop in Pennsylvania, he’s always at Carlisle…he’s an authorized TTI dealer and you might get a discount if you order through him. He might be able to answer your question…he was good to talk to when I was questioning TTI’s products…good luck👍🏻

Re: TTI Header Question/Customer Service [Re: Mopar Mitch] #3170083
08/24/23 09:39 AM
08/24/23 09:39 AM
central CT
cudazappa Offline
super stock
cudazappa  Offline
super stock

central CT

I used Dougs D453. No problems. (yes, I'm running the fast ratio arms)

1971 Challenger
Re: TTI Header Question/Customer Service [Re: cudazappa] #3170462
08/25/23 07:29 PM
08/25/23 07:29 PM
Central Florida
larrymopar360 Offline
Stud Muffin
larrymopar360  Offline
Stud Muffin

Central Florida
Try again. This is my '89 Dip AHB with TTI's and FR pitman and idler arms.

IMG_1015.jpeg

Facts are stubborn things.
Page 2 of 2 1 2