Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: abodyjoe] #3151926
06/16/23 12:41 AM
06/16/23 12:41 AM
Nor here, Nor there
D
Dart 500 Offline OP
super stock
Dart 500  Offline OP
super stock
D

Nor here, Nor there
Originally Posted by abodyjoe
i'm sure if any of these showed up at Chryslers at Carlisle the oldheads would have the same reactions as the ford oldheads that hated the mustang.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/09/feathers-ruffled-2jz-mopar/

https://youtu.be/e2fDufKxp10

https://youtu.be/1ypmOuzMKEk

You'll be seeing a few more 6 cyl swaps, the TT hurricane H.O that makes 510hp bone stock and will likely live comfortably at 1000+ on stock internals

Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: Mr T2U] #3151929
06/16/23 01:43 AM
06/16/23 01:43 AM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
Originally Posted by Mr T2U
it doesn't matter to me.
this is basically what hot rodding your car is all about.
use what you have available to you on the cheap and make it work. this is better than it going to the crusher.
there are probably more old street rods using another manufacturers drive trail than ones with their original stuff.

For a street rod where an original engine or the parts to rebuild it are nearly impossible to find, a swap makes sense.
Otherwise, this isn't Cuba.
Original make engines belong in these cars.
The Honda swap provides no advantage over a decent 302 which are dirt cheap and common.
"Conformity"....Pfffft!
Change the color, change the wheels but keep an original Ford engine in the car.
I've seen the same BS with electric drivetrain swaps into classics. It is crap. You give away the soul of the car when you install an electric setup in it. I don't care how fast it is, the range you might have or any of it.
Gasoline engines for the classics is THE only way.

Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: Kern Dog] #3151938
06/16/23 05:52 AM
06/16/23 05:52 AM
Kirkland, Washington
Pacnorthcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
Pacnorthcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

Kirkland, Washington
And some people here would consider a V8 Datsun 240Z to be uncool.

Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: Pacnorthcuda] #3151950
06/16/23 07:43 AM
06/16/23 07:43 AM
Michigan
O
oldjonny Offline
Don't argue with me.
oldjonny  Offline
Don't argue with me.
O

Michigan
How will you all feel about a 6.1 Turbo Hemi in a C1 Vette?

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience
Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: MarkZ] #3151974
06/16/23 08:55 AM
06/16/23 08:55 AM
o
C
ChryCoGuy Offline
master
ChryCoGuy  Offline
master
C

o
Originally Posted by MarkZ
These 'insert this thing to piss people off' videos are a plague on YouTube.

Yeah, the title calling out "boomer purists" says it all. I've noticed that a lot of Millennial/Gen Z seem to have a hate on for 'boomers' and will do anything they can to make them look bad while making themselves appear superior (in their minds). Classic case here. FWIW, I was brought up to respect my elders, but it looks like that concept doesn't exist in parenting anymore. It's easier to blame older people for your problems than actually doing something about it, or at least trying to understand why things are the way they are.

That said, if I saw that at a car show I would appreciate the work, even if I had to ask myself "why". Looks like he started with something that he dragged out of somebody's yard anyhow, and it's not like there isn't a zillion Mustangs out there. If he had done the same with a 340 Dart or something similar, then I would probably be one of those 'angry boomers'... laugh2

Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: 340SIX] #3151986
06/16/23 09:40 AM
06/16/23 09:40 AM
Between Houston & Galveston TX
SattyNoCar Offline
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile
SattyNoCar  Offline
Smarter than no class Flappergass by a mile

Between Houston & Galveston TX
Originally Posted by 340SIX
Anyone remember The member here named Toypar?
He had a Mopar powered Toy-Yota.

I remember him. Didn't he go on a rant once because he went to a show and they wouldn't allow his Toyota in even though it had the Mopar engine in it? work

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥
Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: ChryCoGuy] #3151995
06/16/23 10:29 AM
06/16/23 10:29 AM
PA
70Duster Offline
top fuel
70Duster  Offline
top fuel

PA
Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy

Yeah, the title calling out "boomer purists" says it all. I've noticed that a lot of Millennial/Gen Z seem to have a hate on for 'boomers' and will do anything they can to make them look bad while making themselves appear superior (in their minds). Classic case here. FWIW, I was brought up to respect my elders, but it looks like that concept doesn't exist in parenting anymore. It's easier to blame older people for your problems than actually doing something about it, or at least trying to understand why things are the way they are.

I don't see any hate for boomers in this video and I don't see how you think he's trying to make himself look superior. He let's the camera do all the work and the viewer gets to see who said what with no slant. To me, he just looks like a young guy with a carefree attitude doing his thing with cars, having fun and sharing some videos. Maybe people should try not to be so easily offended.

Comparatively speaking, there seems to be few young people who even want to work on cars anymore, so I give this guy some credit for turning bolts and learning how to use a welder.

Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: 70Duster] #3152006
06/16/23 11:12 AM
06/16/23 11:12 AM
The Garden State
LimelightCuda Offline
enthusiast
LimelightCuda  Offline
enthusiast

The Garden State
I watched the video. I thought it was pretty cool to hear what people really thought about it. I am in the camp with it is his car and he can do what he wants with it. Having said that it is something I would never do.The Honda thing doesn't bother me as much as that he made the Mustang front wheel drive.
I just don't care for most front wheel drive cars. To me it is a lot cooler if the rear wheels spin.

Phil

1970 Barracuda Gran Coupe
1970 A66 Challenger Convertible
Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: Mr T2U] #3152027
06/16/23 12:23 PM
06/16/23 12:23 PM
It's a dry heat
gtx6970 Offline
Too Many Posts
gtx6970  Offline
Too Many Posts

It's a dry heat
it doesn't matter to me.
use what you have available to you on the cheap and make it work. this is better than it going to the crusher.
there are probably more old street rods using another manufacturers drive trail than ones with their original stuff.

This ^ .
Its not my car or is something I would do .

But like back in the hot rod days, we work with what we have on hand to make it run

Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: gtx6970] #3152052
06/16/23 01:39 PM
06/16/23 01:39 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
"GET OFF MY LAWN !"........................ biggrin
beer

Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: Kern Dog] #3152124
06/16/23 07:41 PM
06/16/23 07:41 PM
new berlin wisconsin
M
Mr T2U Offline
master
Mr T2U  Offline
master
M

new berlin wisconsin
Originally Posted by Kern Dog
it doesn't matter to me.

For a street rod where an original engine or the parts to rebuild it are nearly impossible to find, a swap makes sense.
Otherwise, this isn't Cuba.
Original make engines belong in these cars.
The Honda swap provides no advantage over a decent 302 which are dirt cheap and common.
"Conformity"....Pfffft!
Change the color, change the wheels but keep an original Ford engine in the car.
I've seen the same BS with electric drivetrain swaps into classics. It is crap. You give away the soul of the car when you install an electric setup in it. I don't care how fast it is, the range you might have or any of it.
Gasoline engines for the classics is THE only way.

this doesn't only apply to street rods.
i grew up in the late 70's early 80's living next door to a budget used car dealer owner with a LARGE garage.. he was also a drag and budget dirt track circle racer.. a lot of his friends would stop by on weekends to work on their cars.
i saw a LOT of odd stuff being done on the cheap. i saw guys installing olds 455 motors from wrecked or trade in cars that cost them $50 and installed them in ford and mopar cars..i saw mopar motors installed in fords and chevys.
they did it because the cars and parts were cheap.
they would buy car with a bad motor for $25-$30. a motor for $50. spend a weekend making things work. race it, wreck it and repeat. and had a lot of fun doing it.

maybe he used a honda motor and installed it in a ford because someone told him he couldn't do it. or maybe he wanted to see if he could do it because it was there. probably did it and taped it to get views and internet cred.
honestly who cares it only a car, my mottow is JAFA, just another fu****g automobile. he can do what he wants to it. at least he saved it from being scrapped.

perception is 90% of reality
Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: 70Duster] #3152205
06/17/23 01:45 AM
06/17/23 01:45 AM
o
C
ChryCoGuy Offline
master
ChryCoGuy  Offline
master
C

o
Originally Posted by 70Duster
Originally Posted by ChryCoGuy

I don't see any hate for boomers in this video and I don't see how you think he's trying to make himself look superior. He let's the camera do all the work and the viewer gets to see who said what with no slant. To me, he just looks like a young guy with a carefree attitude doing his thing with cars, having fun and sharing some videos. Maybe people should try not to be so easily offended.

Comparatively speaking, there seems to be few young people who even want to work on cars anymore, so I give this guy some credit for turning bolts and learning how to use a welder.

It's not big deal, but you can't ignore that he calls out 'boomers' in the title, and he did take a car that he knew would cause a kafuffel to a show with a lot of restored cars and then planted a camera knowing that he would have juicy comments to post online. It's not like he had a sign posted saying that they are being videoed and he will post their comments on a youtube video... I'm sure he's a nice kid and obviously mechanically talented, but this doesn't imply a carefree attitude to me - you must recognize that he has intention in his actions.

My opinions on what I am seeing out there come from when I read other forums about other topics, like urban development, etc., and the constant trash talk from the younger crowd about 'boomers' gets to be a little much. I know it's amplified by the anonymity of the internet, and the hubris of youth, but I'm allowed to have my opinion on what I see as a downward spiral of society. Not that 'boomers' are any better (as evidenced by the nastiness contained with in the 'current events' section of this very forum).

Nothing against this guy, and as I said in the part of my post that you didn't quote, I appreciate the work, even if it's not to my taste. Regardless, his video served its purpose as he has had 316K views in 7 days and has 189K subscribers - if you want to monetize your videos you have to get peoples' attention with some sort of controversy, then it will get posted and shared all over the internet. Good for him, but it still doesn't change my opinion of the situation.

Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: ChryCoGuy] #3152280
06/17/23 12:39 PM
06/17/23 12:39 PM
north of coder
moparx Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"
moparx  Offline
"Butt Crack Bob"

north of coder
i remember a saying : "never trust anyone over 30 !" ................... laugh2
beer

Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: moparx] #3152285
06/17/23 12:51 PM
06/17/23 12:51 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Kids be kids.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: Mr T2U] #3152396
06/17/23 09:36 PM
06/17/23 09:36 PM
Bloomington, IN
H
HoosierTA Offline
master
HoosierTA  Offline
master
H

Bloomington, IN
it doesn't matter to me.

Precisely my thoughts when I saw this video months ago. It’s called hot rodding.

'70 Challenger R/T 383
'16 Hemi Durango SSV (work vehicle)
'15 Ram Police SSV
Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: HoosierTA] #3152596
06/19/23 12:54 AM
06/19/23 12:54 AM
Castlegar, BC, Canada
That AMC Guy Offline
master
That AMC Guy  Offline
master

Castlegar, BC, Canada
Yeah! Like that one older dude said: "It's the Spirit of Hot-Rodding."

Did the older folks poo their undies when people started putting Ardun conversions on their Model T's? Or what about when folks were swapping Cadillac engines into Model A's and such?
It's not my style at all, but then I've also had this rude idea of putting an AMC 304 into a '68 Camaro and just drive the "purist" gang absolutely bonkers. Why? Well, how many engine-swapped AMC's have you seen over time? Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Like I said, it's not my style either. *BUT*, the kids' obviously got some skills, and that's what's to be appreciated. If he can build something like this and make it safe and reliable? That's the last word on it.

Believe it or not, I've seen similar stuff at shows and I've still made friends with the owners by saying "It ain't my cup of tea, but I can sure appreciate the work you put in it."

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....

Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: Dart 500] #3152628
06/19/23 09:22 AM
06/19/23 09:22 AM
Pikes Peak Country
T
TC@HP2 Offline
master
TC@HP2  Offline
master
T

Pikes Peak Country
Its funny to see that hate this gets when factory crossbreeds like an AC Cobra, Detomaso Pantera, Jensen Interceptor, or Monteverdi High Speed are viewed as highly desirable. Another domestic crossbreed from the muscle era that I bet a bunch of people didn't know of was the Samco Cord Warrior. Offered from '68-'70, it was a copy of the classic Cord 810 and was available with either a Ford 302 or a Dodge 440. Interestingly enough, these can now be found for less than the price of a nice 440 B body. https://www.smartmotorguide.com/cars-for-sale/cord-warrior. Not for everyone, but certainly an interesting looking car.

I'm actually not surprised to see it as there are a lot of Gen Y builders out there that are very knowledgeable about Japanese tech, but have an appreciation for vintage cars but find they are priced out of reach. This is a quintessential youth build...take what you know, mash it up with a discarded piece of junk and then drive the pee out of it. Its not my cup of tea, I probably wouldn't build anything like it, but I respect the effort. I'm also not surprised at the hate it gets because of the origin of the powerplant. There is a very definitive hatred towards JDM cars and powerplants that were the source of inexpensive cars and engines for kids after the cars hit the 20 year mark.

1969-cord-warrior.jpg
Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: TC@HP2] #3152666
06/19/23 12:16 PM
06/19/23 12:16 PM
Dandridge TN
D
Dabee Offline
master
Dabee  Offline
master
D

Dandridge TN
Guy down the street from me has a Samco Cord Warrior with a 440. The car is complete and needs some TLC to get it running. It’s been sitting under his porch to at least 10 years and he won’t sell it.

Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: TC@HP2] #3152696
06/19/23 01:13 PM
06/19/23 01:13 PM
Can.
H
Hellrico505 Offline
Hellrico505  Offline
H

Can.
Before looking at those picture, remove donut from your mouth.
Roof line is the traitor.

scamp_honda1.jpgscamp_honda.jpgscamp_honda3.jpgscamp_honda4.jpg
Re: Taking a honda swapped mustang to a mustang car show [Re: Dart 500] #3153094
06/20/23 04:49 PM
06/20/23 04:49 PM
albany ny
05dakota Offline
I Live Here
05dakota  Offline
I Live Here

albany ny
fmost ord shows require it be ford powered

5549 post on old board
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3