12/29/22 10:38 AM
12/29/22 10:38 AM
North Dakota
6PakBee Online content OP
I Live Here
6PakBee  Online Content OP
I Live Here

North Dakota
Well, the saga of me and FedEx continues. I get a call this week from the resident of 706 10th Ave NE that FedEx has dropped a package for me at their house (I live at 706 10th St. NE). She was good enough to bring it to me and sure enough, there was a "corrected address" tag on the box with the wrong address on it. The shipper apparently (and it has company) still hasn't figured out that both UPS and FedEx won't ship to PO boxes and initially addressed it to my PO box which triggered the "corrected address". But never mind, the "corrected address" was anything but that.

I'd had enough. So, after fighting with FedEx's automated receptionist for nearly an hour I get a real live person. That can barely speak engrish. Amazingly we do navigate to my FedEx profile and guess what, the address in my profile is the correct address! So how did they dredge up the wrong one? No clue. So what is her recommendation? There is a block for delivery instructions that is meant for "where does the driver kick the package". She tells me to leave a note there. So my profile now has the instructions to the delivery driver, the driver for God's sake, to deliver packages to the correct address.

Unbelievable. Have I mentioned I hate FedEx?

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: 6PakBee] #3106312
12/29/22 10:58 AM
12/29/22 10:58 AM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
Why not change your info so people are not getting your po box as an addy? Why not help make there job easier and put a locked drop box at your real addy?

I understand your frustration but your po box deal seems to be a monkey wrench in the mix so why not help make the process easier for the ones who cant figure it out?

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: 6PakBee] #3106313
12/29/22 10:59 AM
12/29/22 10:59 AM
Western Colorado High Desert
moparmarks Offline
I Live Here
moparmarks  Offline
I Live Here

I have a similar problem with UPS. Usually happens when a package is to be delivered on Friday. Actually have one scheduled for tomorrow. I'll check tracking and it will say invalid address even though it is the same address that they have delivered to for years. So now it will probably Monday or Tuesday when I get it. Only happens with UPS.

72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com
Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: Mr PotatoHead] #3106321
12/29/22 11:21 AM
12/29/22 11:21 AM
North Dakota
I Live Here
I Live Here

North Dakota
Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
Why not change your info so people are not getting your po box as an addy? Why not help make there job easier and put a locked drop box at your real addy?

I understand your frustration but your po box deal seems to be a monkey wrench in the mix so why not help make the process easier for the ones who cant figure it out?

That is sage advice BUT......in many cases I do not know, nor can I find out, how shippers are shipping items. So in conversation with my Postmaster, she said the best thing to do is include BOTH the PO box and the street address, the PO box below the street address as the PO reads the address bottom to top so that the appropriate one is available. This has worked some of the time. As to installing a locked drop box at my residence? You have got to be kidding me. I'm going to invest $1000 or so into something that I'll have to plow snow for access when any delivery service says they can't access it? I have enough problems in my life without adding to them.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".
Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: 6PakBee] #3106345
12/29/22 12:35 PM
12/29/22 12:35 PM
Super Spudsville
Mr PotatoHead Offline
Half Baked
Mr PotatoHead  Offline
Half Baked

Super Spudsville
I understand your position. One of the local UPS drivers takes his breaks and parks his ups truck at the local outlaw biker clubhouse. He did one day right after delivering my package three houses down. I was pist and walked right in there clubhouse to tell him to do his dam job which he reluctantly did.

My point is these companies dont have some of the best and brightest workers so we unfortunately have to adjust to that.

STOP POTATO HATE!
Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: 6PakBee] #3106348
12/29/22 12:37 PM
12/29/22 12:37 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Three or four times over the last couple years I've had problems with stuff I've ordered. For some reason computers are saying my address is "invalid". Why? I don't know as I've been here for 25 years and have hundreds of packages delivered.

Replace people with computers, what can go wrong?

Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: 6PakBee] #3106411
12/29/22 03:11 PM
12/29/22 03:11 PM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
Have you asked your postmaster what they have as your postal address on their records? Reason I ask is we live in the country in a 160+ year old farm house and when we moved in here 35 years ago the address was listed on everything as Rivers Road. Everything had Rivers Road and that's how we wrote it for a shipping and mailing address. FedEx was the first to give me a problem as packages would end up being deliver to an adjacent city Rivers Street??? Then the street sign at the beginning of the dead end road (ends at another farm house) was changed to read River (no "s") road and things got worse for lost or delayed mail and packages. Then the street sign got changed again to read Rivers (again the "s") Street? Why a "road" out in the country is called a street added more confusion and more delayed or not delivered mail and packages. So I called the post office in town and sure enough they said the official USPS mailing address for us is RIVER STREET no "s" and yes it is a street. That "S" and ROAD were never correct. The sign at the beginning of the STREET now reads RIVER ST, and knock on wood have had little or no issues since, Check your official USPS postal address on record and then go from there, Some of you might just for your own piece of mind and have nothing to do should just for grins check it too.

Mike

Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: 6PakBee] #3106452
12/29/22 05:52 PM
12/29/22 05:52 PM
Highland, MI.
Sunroofcuda Offline
master
Sunroofcuda  Offline
master

Highland, MI.
I've finally had my fill of FedEx Ground - I'm done with them. I started shipping with them 20 years ago. I just switched over to UPS - that's all there is really. FedEx used to have all their customer service here in the US - in PA. Now when I need to call, I get offshore customer service (as if they were not making enough $$ with employing their own people here). Anyway, their billing used to be very flexible - I mail in checks, I don't pay them electronically. About 2-3 years ago, they switched over to net 15 terms, & I'd mail payments once a month - it was never a problem. Recently, they decided to play hardball - cutting me off from shipping & you had to pay them up to the DAY & they would only take an electronic payment. F-em! Also, most of the ground drivers (none are FedEx employees) don't give a crap about anything & they have a very high turnover rate for the Ground franchise owners. UPS drivers are well-paid, & I think a different caliber of employee. FedEx rates were also very inconsistent & all over the place. Also, if you have a claim for over $100.00 with FedEx, they will NEVER pay you.

I'm hoping for much better results with UPS.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified
Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: A12] #3106453
12/29/22 06:01 PM
12/29/22 06:01 PM
North Dakota
I Live Here
I Live Here

North Dakota
Originally Posted by A12
Have you asked your postmaster what they have as your postal address on their records? Reason I ask is we live in the country in a 160+ year old farm house and when we moved in here 35 years ago the address was listed on everything as Rivers Road. Everything had Rivers Road and that's how we wrote it for a shipping and mailing address. FedEx was the first to give me a problem as packages would end up being deliver to an adjacent city Rivers Street??? Then the street sign at the beginning of the dead end road (ends at another farm house) was changed to read River (no "s") road and things got worse for lost or delayed mail and packages. Then the street sign got changed again to read Rivers (again the "s") Street? Why a "road" out in the country is called a street added more confusion and more delayed or not delivered mail and packages. So I called the post office in town and sure enough they said the official USPS mailing address for us is RIVER STREET no "s" and yes it is a street. That "S" and ROAD were never correct. The sign at the beginning of the STREET now reads RIVER ST, and knock on wood have had little or no issues since, Check your official USPS postal address on record and then go from there, Some of you might just for your own piece of mind and have nothing to do should just for grins check it too.

Mike

Based on advice given by some of the forum members when this started happening years ago I went to my Postmaster and checked my "official" mailing address. Yup, 706 10th St NE. What really burns my posterior is that in 30 years of delivering car parts, UPS has never, NEVER, failed to find me. How comes that???

Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: 6PakBee] #3106493
12/29/22 09:03 PM
12/29/22 09:03 PM
Central Michigan
N
nuthinbutmopar Offline
super stock
nuthinbutmopar  Offline
super stock
N

Central Michigan
Here's the USPS Zip Code lookup page: LINK.

I mail out over 1000 periodicals per week and we have to have Zip+4 to get the lowest rate. If your address doesn't come up exactly, it's not correct. I can tell you horror stories about screwy street names, streets that the city/county calls one thing, google maps calls another, and the USPS calls something different than the other 2. I have the PO Box/Street Address issue at work, and now get most of my shipments at home (plus my office is closed Friday and Saturday).

FedEx is totally random about where they throw a package. The UPS driver at the office is a local small-town guy, still lives in town, knows everybody, and has enough seniority to keep the route to himself. If he sees me out in town before he gets to me, he'll flag me down and give me my stuff. I've been eating lunch when he comes in and gives me something because he saw my car in the parking lot. He knows if the office is locked, he can take the stuff across the street to the woman that does daycare and leave it with her. He said he gets GREAT tips at Christmas.

Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: nuthinbutmopar] #3106514
12/29/22 10:37 PM
12/29/22 10:37 PM
Myrtle Beach, SC formerly the ...
340wedge Offline
master
340wedge  Offline
master

Myrtle Beach, SC formerly the ...
Fed Ex is horrible I bought a cymbal, the tracking showed it was delivered and I was home at the time. Nothing on my porch. I checked the neighbors and nothing. I called Fed Ex and got their investigation unit and spoke to someone who sounded like a 12 year old girl, She told me it wasn't considered lost for three days. I told her her tracking said it was delivered and it wasn't. Again she says it's not considered missing. She asked if I checked neighbors, yep. Then she says contact the seller and get a refund. I told her I bought it on EBAY, why would the seller give me back my money for something he sold, mailed and did all he was supposed to. He is supposed to eat the cost? Makes no sense.

Next my checks, they lost the order not once, not twice but THREE times. I call Fed Ex and talk to a guy who says they have been having trouble with small packages lately. Nice, so I have three sets of check books out there somewhere. He says call my banks yada yadda....Don't use Fed Ex.

1971 Sassy Grass Green Duster 340
2006 Charger Daytona GoMango
Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: nuthinbutmopar] #3106516
12/29/22 10:41 PM
12/29/22 10:41 PM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
Originally Posted by nuthinbutmopar
Here's the USPS Zip Code lookup page: LINK.

I mail out over 1000 periodicals per week and we have to have Zip+4 to get the lowest rate. If your address doesn't come up exactly, it's not correct. I can tell you horror stories about screwy street names, streets that the city/county calls one thing, google maps calls another, and the USPS calls something different than the other 2. I have the PO Box/Street Address issue at work, and now get most of my shipments at home (plus my office is closed Friday and Saturday).

FedEx is totally random about where they throw a package. The UPS driver at the office is a local small-town guy, still lives in town, knows everybody, and has enough seniority to keep the route to himself. If he sees me out in town before he gets to me, he'll flag me down and give me my stuff. I've been eating lunch when he comes in and gives me something because he saw my car in the parking lot. He knows if the office is locked, he can take the stuff across the street to the woman that does daycare and leave it with her. He said he gets GREAT tips at Christmas.

Thanks, a great link and it works for our correct address. I put our address in with all of the incorrect variations I spoke of, and it corrected every one of them to what we know is right. Thanks beer

Mike

Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: nuthinbutmopar] #3106517
12/29/22 10:47 PM
12/29/22 10:47 PM
moparmarks Offline
I Live Here
moparmarks  Offline
I Live Here

A lot of it has to do with your local terminal and drivers. Here UPS makes their delivery date probably about 60% of the time as where FedEx is more like 98%. FedEx delivers on the weekends as where UPS delivers on Saturday, sometimes. Here both have pretty good drivers as far as "setting" the package on the porch. Most even ring the door bell. FedEx has always found my address. UPS, no. At lease that is what they say. I think the driver gets jammed up and doesn't want to work late.
Go to the next city over and everything could be flip flopped.
My experience is if I order the same part from the same place in L.A and they both ship on Monday. One with FedEx and the other with UPS I'll have the FedEx one on Wednesday or Thursday every time. The UPS one maybe on Friday but a good chance it will be Monday.

72 Satellite Sebring Plus 440, 72 Dart 5.9 4-spd, 68 Valiant, 73 W200, 78 D100 sb, 78 D200, 98 DAKOTA, .
Moparmarks Parts & Restorations
Desert Mopar Metal
Grand Jct. CO
970-261-7039
http://moparmark.com/
motormangj@gmail.com
Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: moparmarks] #3106530
12/29/22 11:53 PM
12/29/22 11:53 PM
Ontario, Canada
S
Stanton Offline
Don't question me!
Stanton  Offline
Don't question me!
S

Ontario, Canada
Back in 1986 I made a trade with a guy at the Mopar Nats. He gave me my part and I was to send his the next week by UPS - he distinctly said UPS. So into the UPS office I go and his address is a P.O. Box in Alabama. At this point they inform me they don't deliver to P.O. Boxes and, being quite naive it never occurred to me to seek out a post office - or maybe I did think about that but didn't think they'd take something that large. Anyhow, the woman at the UPS counter finally agreed to take the package. I had no way of getting hold of the fellow and back then there was no internet to do a phone or address search. To this day it haunts me that the package didn't arrive and the guy thinks I ripped him off. And if memory serves, I don't think the UPS woman ever suggested the post office - didn't want to help out the competition I guess !!

To the OP's dilemma, I have NEVER ordered anything from anywhere that did not ask me for my shipping address or to confirm the shipping address on file. If I pay by credit card I have to jump through hoops if I'm shipping anywhere other than my billing address. If I'm paying with Paypal, Paypal requires I confirm my shipping address. Sorry to say but I think the error is entirely the OP's fault.

Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: 6PakBee] #3106550
12/30/22 04:33 AM
12/30/22 04:33 AM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Originally Posted by A12

Mike

Based on advice given by some of the forum members when this started happening years ago I went to my Postmaster and checked my "official" mailing address. Yup, 706 10th St NE. What really burns my posterior is that in 30 years of delivering car parts, UPS has never, NEVER, failed to find me. How comes that???

Did you put your address into the USPS LINK USPS ADDRESS VERIFICATION If you are in the same city as the XXX XXth AVE NE there is no XXX XXth STREET NE listed shruggy just saying

Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: A12] #3106559
12/30/22 08:25 AM
12/30/22 08:25 AM
new berlin wisconsin
M
Mr T2U Offline
master
Mr T2U  Offline
master
M

new berlin wisconsin
both FedEx and UPS has a delivery option to change the ship address mid route to a local pack and ship store. UPS does charge extra for this.
just change the delivery to the pack and ship store and delivery problems are gone other than picking up during their open hours.

perception is 90% of reality
Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: A12] #3106575
12/30/22 10:02 AM
12/30/22 10:02 AM
North Dakota
I Live Here
I Live Here

North Dakota
Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by A12

Mike

Did you put your address into the USPS LINK USPS ADDRESS VERIFICATION If you are in the same city as the XXX XXth AVE NE there is no XXX XXth STREET NE listed shruggy just saying

There is no 706 10th St NE listed in my town? Hmm. I use your link and guess what?

706 10TH ST NE
BEULAH ND 58523-6318

Amazing.

Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: Mr T2U] #3106576
12/30/22 10:03 AM
12/30/22 10:03 AM
North Dakota
I Live Here
I Live Here

North Dakota
Originally Posted by Mr T2U
both FedEx and UPS has a delivery option to change the ship address mid route to a local pack and ship store. UPS does charge extra for this.
just change the delivery to the pack and ship store and delivery problems are gone other than picking up during their open hours.

The nearest pack and ship store is 75 miles away. Next.

Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: Stanton] #3106578
12/30/22 10:06 AM
12/30/22 10:06 AM
North Dakota
I Live Here
I Live Here

North Dakota
Originally Posted by Stanton
Back in 1986 I made a trade with a guy at the Mopar Nats. He gave me my part and I was to send his the next week by UPS - he distinctly said UPS. So into the UPS office I go and his address is a P.O. Box in Alabama. At this point they inform me they don't deliver to P.O. Boxes and, being quite naive it never occurred to me to seek out a post office - or maybe I did think about that but didn't think they'd take something that large. Anyhow, the woman at the UPS counter finally agreed to take the package. I had no way of getting hold of the fellow and back then there was no internet to do a phone or address search. To this day it haunts me that the package didn't arrive and the guy thinks I ripped him off. And if memory serves, I don't think the UPS woman ever suggested the post office - didn't want to help out the competition I guess !!

To the OP's dilemma, I have NEVER ordered anything from anywhere that did not ask me for my shipping address or to confirm the shipping address on file. If I pay by credit card I have to jump through hoops if I'm shipping anywhere other than my billing address. If I'm paying with Paypal, Paypal requires I confirm my shipping address. Sorry to say but I think the error is entirely the OP's fault.

Oh really? The address FedEx has on file for me is correct. I use that address when shipping. FedEx delivers to the wrong address. And it's ENTIRELY my fault? Okay, I guess I'm responsible for the heartbreak of psoriasis also.

Re: FedEx should (censored) and die [Re: 6PakBee] #3106709
12/30/22 04:30 PM
12/30/22 04:30 PM
N.E. OHIO, USA
A12 Offline
Too Many Posts
A12  Offline
Too Many Posts

N.E. OHIO, USA
Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by A12

Mike

There is no 706 10th St NE listed in my town? Hmm. I use your link and guess what?

706 10TH ST NE
BEULAH ND 58523-6318

Amazing.

The town I searched was not the same as you just listed that's why I said
If you are in the same city as the XXX XXth AVE NE
, sorry.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2