07/10/22 08:20 PM
07/10/22 08:20 PM
Rittman Ohio
fourgearsavoy Online tonguue OP
I Live Here
fourgearsavoy  Online Tonguue OP
I Live Here

Rittman Ohio
I got a solid roller cam with a bunch of other parts recently and I have found a good deal on a set of hydraulic roller lifters. Now I'm not revving this engine over 6500 as this is a basic street/strip deal. I'm running a solid flat cam right now that is a little too rowdy on the street and low speed operation is not the best. The "gurus" on this site old me it might be too much when I installed it but I was going to go racing weekly but then Covid hit and everything changed. Now I only race it a few times a year with more weekly driving than I used to.

Thanks

Gus beer

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60
Re: Hydraulic roller lifters on a solid roller cam [Re: fourgearsavoy] #3058074
07/10/22 09:43 PM
07/10/22 09:43 PM
Moved to N.E. Tennessee
GomangoCuda Offline
master
GomangoCuda  Offline
master

Moved to N.E. Tennessee
A short article about this very subject written by Marlan Davis at Motortrend
how-to/hydraulic-lifters-on-mechanical-cam

Posts on YellowBullit that say yes/no/maybe. Base circle of cam and location of oil band on hydraulic roller lifter need to be compatible.
https://www.yellowbullet.com/threads/hydraulic-roller-lifters-on-solid-roller-cam.279854/

Personally I would stick to a solid roller cam with solid roller lifters or hydraulic roller cam with hydraulic roller lifters unless the cam company says the cam profile is compatible with both types of lifters.

Last edited by GomangoCuda; 07/10/22 10:19 PM.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.