Shelby mi.
J
JAKE68 Offline
pro stock
JAKE68  Offline
pro stock
J

Shelby mi.
Doug , when i"m done with lens motor and we go on the dyno we are going to try 3 sets of carbs and lids. Going to try the holleys again also. We know what kind of power it makes with what we had been running for years so we will have a base line and go from there. hopfully it can pick up a few. Jake

JAKES AUTOMOTIVE
Re: New carbs, linkage and lines, everything fits [Re: HardcoreB] #2898481
03/12/21 03:11 PM
03/12/21 03:11 PM
Georgia
66coronet Offline
super stock
66coronet  Offline
super stock

Georgia
Originally Posted by HardcoreB
Looks good Doug!...you have any help? LOL I think the rules need revisiting. That rule may be written to maintain a 'nostalgic' appearance? There is no advantage using that body against the others available that are 'legal' when index racing. Based solely on 'nostalgic' appearance, your car fits that standard better than MOST that I have seen INCLUDING the appearance of the engine. Where would you draw the lines in that 'argument'? ...vacuum pumps, electric water pumps and fans aren't nostalgic but they are legal. Walk up to your car, and IT LOOKS NOSTALGIC! Pull the hood off, and IT LOOKS NOSTALGIC! Open your door, and IT LOOKS NOSTALGIC! Now if it had a sheet manifold, tin seats and Alumistars...not so much IMO. But those are legal?

Every year NMCA opens the book twice a year and asks for rules revisions to be submitted. I am the one who sent in the rule and got the Holley based 4150 carburetor in the class for all combinations.
NMCA wrote the rule a specific way and posted it. Like it or not... it is the way it was written and has been written for over a year.
If folks want something different, submit a rules request when they ask for them. They take all requests and in the case of NSS they discuss the requests with the three member rules committee. To be transparent, I am one of the three.

If yall want to have a rules discussion, we can do it in another post rather than step all over Dougs post. My intent wasn't to pick on Doug. It was to keep him from getting in a mess with tech.

Re: New carbs, linkage and lines, everything fits [Re: 66coronet] #2901478
03/22/21 01:59 AM
03/22/21 01:59 AM
Carson City, Nevada
Biginchmopar Offline
pro stock
Biginchmopar  Offline
pro stock

Carson City, Nevada
Very nice Doug!
I some of those lightning bolts on my carb as well.
Mark is a great guy and very helpfull on getting carbs to work awesome.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3