E
ek3 Offline
top fuel
ek3  Offline
top fuel
E

MYRTLE BEACH SOUTH CAROLINA
Originally Posted by A12
Go to the 6:00 - 8:00 mark in this old film from another manufacture and let me know if Chrysler did or didn't have a similar method of documentation and record keeping?

This is actually a good and interesting film from the period (1969) we're discussing and it surely shows that this wasn't the stone age for electronic record keeping. I just find it hard to believe that ALL of the records from ALL of the assembly plants for ALL of those years could ALL be lost in one old warehouse fire.

I knew i liked you the first time we talked. quit is not in us ! -if- you can find someone who knows how this was done , or actually did it , you can start there. if they are still alive ... someone knows where to find that which was kept. otherwise it will take someone inside that is in charge [ now ] of this type of information. i think some kind of data does exist somewhere...

Re: What happened to the missing late 60s production data? [Re: Grizzly] #2888941
02/15/21 09:24 PM
02/15/21 09:24 PM
Connecticut
1972CudaV21 Offline
master
1972CudaV21  Offline
master

Connecticut
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Originally Posted by 1972CudaV21
I think the records would have been tossed if they still existed.

You and a lot of Chrysler fanatical Sheep really don't understand the Big Picture responsibilities a major corporation has to it's Regulators and the Government, do you?

No major corporation "burns" their records. They CAN'T. People would go to jail for doing so.

How do you think Blunder Motors tracked down every car with key lock/ignition problems that killed over a hundred people 14 years later? Because they KEPT RECORDS, not "tossed" them. The Basterds went BANKRUPT and those records were still kept.

End of discussion.

You’re right - it’s the end of discussion unless someone comes forward with some facts.

China is the enemy.
Re: What happened to the missing late 60s production data? [Re: Grizzly] #2889016
02/16/21 01:43 AM
02/16/21 01:43 AM
Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Diego (not Ted) Offline
Too Many Posts
Diego (not Ted)  Offline
Too Many Posts

Gabba Gabba Hey! NYC
Originally Posted by Grizzly

You and a lot of Chrysler fanatical Sheep really don't understand the Big Picture responsibilities a major corporation has to it's Regulators and the Government, do you?

The importance of regulators was not terribly high in the 1960s, and over time it has become even less important for cars that were built 50+ years ago.

On the other hand, considering Chrysler's brush with bankruptcy, its buyout of AMC, and its own buyout by several European companies, it would make sense that old production records were tossed.

I believe some nitty gritty are in the hands of collectors, and they are the best chance for enthusiasts to learn more about their cars. I don't think they'll be invoices or anything like that, but if they were sold in Canada there's probably a better chance something exists as I believe there's a law regarding maintaining records of production vehicles. This is the reason why GM of Canada has good records.

As such, your comparison with GM is not great because it involves contemporary production vehicles from a time when regulators had much more influence in the industry.

So, no, not end of discussion--talking about it is the first step in getting closer to an answer.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3