n20mstr Offline
master
n20mstr  Offline
master
N

On the parachute mount
Originally Posted by Sammy
Originally Posted by n20mstr
YES thats my name. I sent the shocks back in Oct.

Sorry if i offended you but to type on here that "people are not happy with the new ownerships, and Chris doesnt call you back after the sale" To me thats bashing. Did you have a bad experience with this company??? Thats all im saying Give the guy a chance. AND they are working with a reduced staff right now. Santuff is a great product as are the others mentioned. THere are dealers other than direct if your concerned with service.

You are now just one person who had good results. And like I said nobody here is bashing.
Maybe its your magnetic personality that got you your shocks back in 1.5 weeks. LOL

How do you know im such an A$$hole ?? did i ever meet you ??

I understand 100% WHERE you coming from. I dont want to spend a lot with poor service. There are dealers though that can help you, As mentioned for santuffs rheinharts and rhodes.

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....
Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? [Re: n20mstr] #2850361
11/23/20 11:35 AM
11/23/20 11:35 AM
Wind Gap,Pa.
S
Sammy Offline OP
top fuel
Sammy  Offline OP
top fuel
S

Wind Gap,Pa.

Sorry if i offended you but to type on here that "people are not happy with the new ownerships, and Chris doesnt call you back after the sale" To me thats bashing. Did you have a bad experience with this company??? Thats all im saying Give the guy a chance. AND they are working with a reduced staff right now. Santuff is a great product as are the others mentioned. THere are dealers other than direct if your concerned with service.

You are now just one person who had good results. And like I said nobody here is bashing.
Maybe its your magnetic personality that got you your shocks back in 1.5 weeks. LOL

I understand 100% WHERE you coming from. I dont want to spend a lot with poor service. There are dealers though that can help you, As mentioned for santuffs rheinharts and rhodes.

I just did a quick search on here.
You must have a short memory on bashing people. LOL
No we never met.
Being retired on a fixed income, and being in my 70s.
I choose to spend my money and not get burned. As far a Chris from Santhuff, I found out the reason for him not returning emails and phone calls isthat he has a habit of leaving on Tuesdays to go racing.
So if the shop is a 2 man company, how do you expect a company to get things done.

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? [Re: n20mstr] #2850370
11/23/20 11:39 AM
11/23/20 11:39 AM
Las Vegas
Al_Alguire Offline
I Live Here
Al_Alguire  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas
FWIW most all the specialty shock guys are small operations so I am sure when they are busy they can be difficult to get ahold of. We worked with one of the big names used here and did not have a great experience, but plenty of others have had a great experiences there. We now work with Adam Drzayich who is another one of the shock gurus out there. BTW the Strange Ultra stuff is a very very good shock so I would not be quick to dismiss it, a Penske in sheeps clothing.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"
Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? [Re: Sammy] #2850382
11/23/20 11:52 AM
11/23/20 11:52 AM
On the parachute mount
N
n20mstr Offline
master
n20mstr  Offline
master
N

On the parachute mount

I just did a quick search on here.
You must have a short memory on bashing people. LOL
No we never met.
Being retired on a fixed income, and being in my 70s.
I choose to spend my money and not get burned. As far a Chris from Santhuff, I found out the reason for him not returning emails and phone calls isthat he has a habit of leaving on Tuesdays to go racing.
So if the shop is a 2 man company, how do you expect a company to get things done.

YOU are so right....i have a similar situation now. I chose a company to do some work for me. At first they were very helpful, but now....sometimes hard to get to call me back. I wish now that i went with a different company... but thats how it goes sometimes. IF i bashed people before (vendors) i will try not to going forward. I thought i was being convstructive, but i guess i wasnt?

Last edited by n20mstr; 11/23/20 11:56 AM.

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? [Re: n20mstr] #2850752
11/23/20 10:32 PM
11/23/20 10:32 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Rinehart, AFCO, Strange. I've had great service from them all. It's not easy to get good help these days. Most people looking for work are McDonalds rejects who aren't worth a damn. Then add the Chinavirus crap and it makes for a bad situation sometimes. I give people a lot of leeway these days.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 11/23/20 10:32 PM.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? [Re: n20mstr] #2851049
11/24/20 07:04 PM
11/24/20 07:04 PM
SINTON
C
Chris Hart Offline
Chris Hart  Offline
C

SINTON
Hello, I try very hard to answer all questions when asked. I did recently have trouble responding as I overlooked an email. I had only dealt with this customer thru email. I did leave out of town to a race which I rarely get to do and had my phone on with all shop calls forwarded. I was there trying to help some customers. If others feel I have provided poor customer service I would appreciate them letting me know as he did. We are a small shop and work very hard at providing a great product and service with it, but we are not perfect. I would like to know all the ones that purchased products and are unhappy as you stated. If you could let me know so I can improve.

Thanks, Chris Hart
Santhuff's Suspension

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? [Re: Chris Hart] #2851260
11/25/20 08:55 AM
11/25/20 08:55 AM
Rogue River, OR
Jeremiah Offline
master
Jeremiah  Offline
master

Rogue River, OR
Welcome aboard and nice post Chris. Good luck with your new endeavor and Happy Thanksgiving.

This is my perspective and I have been on both sides. I have missed calls, voice mails, emails and ebay notifications on completed auctions over the years. Once I was aware of the situation it was quick and easy to make things right with the customer. Sometimes things get a little tense in the heat of battle (trying to get a car ready for this weekend etc) and the customer's EGT's get a little too high. Totally understandable behavior IMO. All you can do it try to make it right.

That said I have also "fired" customers over the years for not respecting my time. Unfortunately they have all been retired guys that don't really have much going on in their lives. The individuals (only two in 20 years) both exhibited the same behavior which was calling multiple time in a row within the same hour demanding a call back for (from my perspective) basically what was chit-chat and not really a technical question or problem. Eventually these individuals got really pushy and even more demanding to I politely declined any future work from them because I (in truth) could not effectively serve them as a customer.

While the above might not have any bearing on this situation I find myself being somewhat impatient at times (waiting for tracking numbers, etc.) and the reality is I am EXCITED about my new parts and how they will work.

Questions to ask busy people that are trying to serve you:

"I need some time to talk over this issue. When would be a good time to talk?"

(instead of calling someone and blurting out a 15 minute narrative of your race weekend and then asking a question)

"What is the best way to contact you?"

This is a great way to find out where the action is. Some people use text, some use the phone and others rely heavily on social media (WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook etc) for whatever reason. If that is the best way to catch their attention you better figure it out. We are all kids in the classroom with our hands up waiting to be called on. Don't be that annoying kid jumping around in his chair grunting for attention. Be patient, wait your turn and if you are faced with an emergency by all means state that in your communications so the respondent can prioritize your needs.

This is a PSA in not acting like a jerk to your favorite vendor. It's a work in progress lol!

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? [Re: Jeremiah] #2851438
11/25/20 03:58 PM
11/25/20 03:58 PM
On the parachute mount
N
n20mstr Offline
master
n20mstr  Offline
master
N

On the parachute mount
Originally Posted by Jeremiah
Welcome aboard and nice post Chris. Good luck with your new endeavor and Happy Thanksgiving.

This is my perspective and I have been on both sides. I have missed calls, voice mails, emails and ebay notifications on completed auctions over the years. Once I was aware of the situation it was quick and easy to make things right with the customer. Sometimes things get a little tense in the heat of battle (trying to get a car ready for this weekend etc) and the customer's EGT's get a little too high. Totally understandable behavior IMO. All you can do it try to make it right.

That said I have also "fired" customers over the years for not respecting my time. Unfortunately they have all been retired guys that don't really have much going on in their lives. The individuals (only two in 20 years) both exhibited the same behavior which was calling multiple time in a row within the same hour demanding a call back for (from my perspective) basically what was chit-chat and not really a technical question or problem. Eventually these individuals got really pushy and even more demanding to I politely declined any future work from them because I (in truth) could not effectively serve them as a customer.

While the above might not have any bearing on this situation I find myself being somewhat impatient at times (waiting for tracking numbers, etc.) and the reality is I am EXCITED about my new parts and how they will work.

Questions to ask busy people that are trying to serve you:

"I need some time to talk over this issue. When would be a good time to talk?"

(instead of calling someone and blurting out a 15 minute narrative of your race weekend and then asking a question)

"What is the best way to contact you?"

This is a great way to find out where the action is. Some people use text, some use the phone and others rely heavily on social media (WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook etc) for whatever reason. If that is the best way to catch their attention you better figure it out. We are all kids in the classroom with our hands up waiting to be called on. Don't be that annoying kid jumping around in his chair grunting for attention. Be patient, wait your turn and if you are faced with an emergency by all means state that in your communications so the respondent can prioritize your needs.

This is a PSA in not acting like a jerk to your favorite vendor. It's a work in progress lol!

Nice to hear from guys on the other side .... i think a lot of racers forget sometimes that there are literally hundreds or thousands of us customers, and only a few vendors to deal with all of us. We should remeber and be patient. AND remeber, the more time they BSing on the phone, the less time the have to do the actual work we need done.

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? [Re: n20mstr] #2851441
11/25/20 04:01 PM
11/25/20 04:01 PM
On the parachute mount
N
n20mstr Offline
master
n20mstr  Offline
master
N

On the parachute mount
Sammy .... this good enough?? THE Man responded to YOU on Moparts and......

I think thats more than fair and going out of his way to make you comfortable with purchasing his product !

LMAO ! !

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? [Re: n20mstr] #2851444
11/25/20 04:10 PM
11/25/20 04:10 PM
Wind Gap,Pa.
S
Sammy Offline OP
top fuel
Sammy  Offline OP
top fuel
S

Wind Gap,Pa.

I think thats more than fair and going out of his way to make you comfortable with purchasing his product !

LMAO ! !

you seem to think this is funny because you constantly type lol and lmao. Were you the rat bas tard to call Santhuff and tell him about this thread?
you seem to have a lot of time on your hands? Do you have a job? And as for buying shocks, i just ordered them today but they are not Santhuffs. But i did spend $3200.
LMFAO to you

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? [Re: Sammy] #2851455
11/25/20 04:25 PM
11/25/20 04:25 PM
On the parachute mount
N
n20mstr Offline
master
n20mstr  Offline
master
N

On the parachute mount

LMAO ! !

you seem to think this is funny because you constantly type lol and lmao. Were you the rat bas tard to call Santhuff and tell him about this thread?
you seem to have a lot of time on your hands? Do you have a job? And as for buying shocks, i just ordered them today but they are not Santhuffs. But i did spend $3200.
LMFAO to you

NO i did not tell CHris about this at all....

YES i work OVER 40 hours a week, GUess what i work on the phone at a majorautomotive paint supplier. I AM customer service and great at my job. We sell over 1 million a month in product that a lot of other people sell. WHY do they buy from me/us??? CUSTOMER SERVICE. Yes i have been in my position 20 years and people love me. I help people all day with problems they have and solutions. I help them all day long with ways to make more money and do better jobs.

YES I type LOL , LMAO, ROTFLMAO....you know why? because life is too short to get upset over things,like this. I really have never meant any animosity to you. Please take it easy and relax.
I dont know how Chris found out about this but he did respond and that speaks volumes.

Being in the customer service dept at my job, maybe im more understanding of getting calls back and what can go on during the day.
Sammy PLEASE take this as constructive criticism, im just like you , we are all racing to have fun and we like to get what we pay for. We are all on a budget and want to have maximum return for what we pay for. Im with you 100%. Please dont take me wrong. Have a great holiday and im sure you did your research and the shocks you got will work great for you.

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? [Re: n20mstr] #2851481
11/25/20 05:35 PM
11/25/20 05:35 PM
VA Beach, VA
R
Runnoft Offline
Runnoft  Offline
R

VA Beach, VA
For what it's worth I've had Alston, AFCO, Menscer modded AFCO's and Santhuff all on the same car. Last year, I "followed" Ron and Yancey when they left Santhuff - Ron with Afterworks and Yancey now owns Viscous Performance. I send my stuff to Yancey now because honestly I think I get the best service from those guys. Best I can tell, Ron and Yancey still work closely together even thought they both have their own label. I didn't feel like I got the best service from Menscer. That's just my experience. I can send Yancey a text, video, datalog etc. from the race track and he'll text me back with tuning advice while I'm at the track. No one else has approached that level of service.

Cruiser: 66 Dodge Coronet 500, Indy SR 440, Gen 7 Accel EFI = 11.38 @ 116.
Racing: Brand X, X275 Procharged Smallblock on M1, Leafsprings, Holley EFI = 4.30 @ 168

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? [Re: Runnoft] #2851484
11/25/20 05:41 PM
11/25/20 05:41 PM
Wind Gap,Pa.
S
Sammy Offline OP
top fuel
Sammy  Offline OP
top fuel
S

Wind Gap,Pa.
Originally Posted by Runnoft
For what it's worth I've had Alston, AFCO, Menscer modded AFCO's and Santhuff all on the same car. Last year, I "followed" Ron and Yancey when they left Santhuff - Ron with Afterworks and Yancey now owns Viscous Performance. I send my stuff to Yancey now because honestly I think I get the best service from those guys. Best I can tell, Ron and Yancey still work closely together even thought they both have their own label. I didn't feel like I got the best service from Menscer. That's just my experience. I can send Yancey a text, video, datalog etc. from the race track and he'll text me back with tuning advice while I'm at the track. No one else has approached that level of service.

Thankyou, this is great information.
Do you know if Viscous Performance has a website?
I only see they have a Facebook and Instagram page.
I dont do either of them.

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? [Re: Sammy] #2851488
11/25/20 05:49 PM
11/25/20 05:49 PM
VA Beach, VA
R
Runnoft Offline
Runnoft  Offline
R

VA Beach, VA
Originally Posted by Runnoft

Thankyou, this is great information.
Do you know if Viscous Performance has a website?
I only see they have a Facebook and Instagram page.
I dont do either of them.

Glad I could help. I'm not sure if he has a website yet. His business number and cell number are the same - (361) 960-7675

Cruiser: 66 Dodge Coronet 500, Indy SR 440, Gen 7 Accel EFI = 11.38 @ 116.
Racing: Brand X, X275 Procharged Smallblock on M1, Leafsprings, Holley EFI = 4.30 @ 168

Page 2 of 2 1 2