Moparts

Hows Santhuffs customer service?

Posted By: Sammy

Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/20/20 04:07 PM

Since Ron from Santhuff parted ways and sold his share of partnership from Santhuff, has their customer service gone downhill?
Was looking in to buying front and rear Santhuffs for the dart.
Are there any better options out there?
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/20/20 04:17 PM

???? You can buy shocks from Ron at AFTERWORKS, or just call Santuff. Yes they customer service is still good !!!
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/20/20 06:27 PM

I hadn't heard of Ron or Afterworks. This is something I found, looks like a decent place.

Attached picture Capture2.JPG

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/20/20 07:35 PM

I Just read that 4 Santhuff customers are not happy with the new owner.
I bieve they said his name was Chris Hart.
He will reply to you fast thru emails till you send your payment and then he won't reply back and answer any technical questions you have after the sale.
I heard there's a new valving design on the shocks with many more adjustments but I have heard the directions are vague and confusing.

Heard the service changed after Ron left.
Truth?
Everyone said Ron Galbraith sp. was great with after the sale support.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/20/20 10:06 PM

Call Afco also up scope
I really like my new Afco double adjustable coil overs(36 different settings) on the front of my S/P car that I remove a set of older Koni steel coil overs, new best 60 ft. 1.24 at Yakima, WA compared to a old best of 1.27 at Woodburn, OR last year with the old Koni. The D.A. at Woodburn was right at 2000 ft. lower also work
Al Aquirre recommend them over Koni, Santuffs and the other custom expensive brand name that I can't remember right now blush
Better price and better results up scope

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/21/20 02:52 PM

I am now leaning towards Menscer shocks all around.
I heard great things about this company.
Thoughts?

This new ownership at Santhuff is a total turnoff.
Its between Afterworks and Menscer.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/21/20 06:48 PM

Menscer was the other company name I couldn't remember blush
I like my new Afco front coilovers shocks a lot up, new best 60 Ft times in less than ideal weather boogie work
better price also scope
Posted By: 80arrow

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/21/20 08:13 PM

Menscer shocks are awesome. Spendy but I think they are worth the money.

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/21/20 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by 80arrow

Thanks hows the customer service after the sale?

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/21/20 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Menscer was the other company name I couldn't remember blush
I like my new Afco front coilovers shocks a lot up, new best 60 Ft times in less than ideal weather boogie work
better price also scope

I heard Afcos are excellent,, probably similar to Strange Engineering.
Looking for a serious set of shocks. This will be the last set I want to buy. In my lifetime.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/22/20 12:03 AM

Call Marty Rinehart for Santuffs.

https://rinehartsperformance.com/

Pennsylvania guy. Top shelf fellow. Super Stock racer. I get Santuff stuff from him.Tell him I sent you.
Posted By: 80arrow

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/22/20 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sammy
Originally Posted by 80arrow

Thanks hows the customer service after the sale?
I've never sent mine back in. But I've also never heard anything bad about Menscer either. Santoffs are great also.
Posted By: Tig

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/22/20 12:27 PM

I am now leaning towards Menscer shocks all around.
I heard great things about this company.
Thoughts?

This new ownership at Santhuff is a total turnoff.
Its between Afterworks and Menscer.

We swapped out our Menscer fronts for Santhuffs, the Santhuffs are way better at controlling the landing from a wheelie. Menscers after sales service is great, I've yet to deal with Santhuff but I bought them through Rineharts. HTH's

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/22/20 02:34 PM

I'm hearing now that Strange Ultras are incredible shocks.

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/23/20 12:37 PM

really??? bash company and people from no real world experiences?? I sent my shocks back for a re-valve. Chris had them turned around in about a week and a half. Sometimes you have to realize these guys are small companys and its hard to respond to people questions and get the actual work done. I think right now Santuff is down to a 2 person staff. Amazing at what they doing with so few people. Sometimes you have to work with the guy. AND sometimes we do bother them....LOL
However...all good companies mentioned. Why not buy Santuffs and deal with Ron at Afterworks??? But like i said, Menser/Afco also a great company/product
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/23/20 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by n20mstr
really??? bash company and people from no real world experiences?? I sent my shocks back for a re-valve. Chris had them turned around in about a week and a half. Sometimes you have to realize these guys are small companys and its hard to respond to people questions and get the actual work done. I think right now Santuff is down to a 2 person staff. Amazing at what they doing with so few people. Sometimes you have to work with the guy. AND sometimes we do bother them....LOL
However...all good companies mentioned. Why not buy Santuffs and deal with Ron at Afterworks??? But like i said, Menser/Afco also a great company/product

iagree

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/23/20 02:18 PM

Is your name Tony Russo by any chance?
Before you start attacking, you need to do a little more homework. Nobody here is bashing anyone. LOL
If I'm going to spend North of $3000.00, I want to know how the customer service will be in case I need to send them back for some reason.
AFTERWORKS DOES NOT SELL SANTHUFFS. They sell Vikings and Strange Ultras and do their magic on those 2 brands of shocks.
And I'm curious to know when you sent your Santbuffs back for revalving?

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/23/20 02:29 PM

YES thats my name. I sent the shocks back in Oct.

Sorry if i offended you but to type on here that "people are not happy with the new ownerships, and Chris doesnt call you back after the sale" To me thats bashing. Did you have a bad experience with this company??? Thats all im saying Give the guy a chance. AND they are working with a reduced staff right now. Santuff is a great product as are the others mentioned. THere are dealers other than direct if your concerned with service.

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/23/20 02:47 PM

Sorry if i offended you but to type on here that "people are not happy with the new ownerships, and Chris doesnt call you back after the sale" To me thats bashing. Did you have a bad experience with this company??? Thats all im saying Give the guy a chance. AND they are working with a reduced staff right now. Santuff is a great product as are the others mentioned. THere are dealers other than direct if your concerned with service.

You are now just one person who had good results. And like I said nobody here is bashing.
Maybe its your magnetic personality that got you your shocks back in 1.5 weeks. LOL
Posted By: one bad fish

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/23/20 02:57 PM

ron rhodes is santhuff dealer thats where i got mine from

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/23/20 03:09 PM

You are now just one person who had good results. And like I said nobody here is bashing.
Maybe its your magnetic personality that got you your shocks back in 1.5 weeks. LOL

How do you know im such an A$$hole ?? did i ever meet you ??

I understand 100% WHERE you coming from. I dont want to spend a lot with poor service. There are dealers though that can help you, As mentioned for santuffs rheinharts and rhodes.

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/23/20 03:35 PM

I understand 100% WHERE you coming from. I dont want to spend a lot with poor service. There are dealers though that can help you, As mentioned for santuffs rheinharts and rhodes.

I just did a quick search on here.
You must have a short memory on bashing people. LOL
No we never met.
Being retired on a fixed income, and being in my 70s.
I choose to spend my money and not get burned. As far a Chris from Santhuff, I found out the reason for him not returning emails and phone calls isthat he has a habit of leaving on Tuesdays to go racing.
So if the shop is a 2 man company, how do you expect a company to get things done.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/23/20 03:39 PM

FWIW most all the specialty shock guys are small operations so I am sure when they are busy they can be difficult to get ahold of. We worked with one of the big names used here and did not have a great experience, but plenty of others have had a great experiences there. We now work with Adam Drzayich who is another one of the shock gurus out there. BTW the Strange Ultra stuff is a very very good shock so I would not be quick to dismiss it, a Penske in sheeps clothing.

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/23/20 03:52 PM

I just did a quick search on here.
You must have a short memory on bashing people. LOL
No we never met.
Being retired on a fixed income, and being in my 70s.
I choose to spend my money and not get burned. As far a Chris from Santhuff, I found out the reason for him not returning emails and phone calls isthat he has a habit of leaving on Tuesdays to go racing.
So if the shop is a 2 man company, how do you expect a company to get things done.

YOU are so right....i have a similar situation now. I chose a company to do some work for me. At first they were very helpful, but now....sometimes hard to get to call me back. I wish now that i went with a different company... but thats how it goes sometimes. IF i bashed people before (vendors) i will try not to going forward. I thought i was being convstructive, but i guess i wasnt?
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/24/20 02:32 AM

Rinehart, AFCO, Strange. I've had great service from them all. It's not easy to get good help these days. Most people looking for work are McDonalds rejects who aren't worth a damn. Then add the Chinavirus crap and it makes for a bad situation sometimes. I give people a lot of leeway these days.
Posted By: Chris Hart

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/24/20 11:04 PM

Hello, I try very hard to answer all questions when asked. I did recently have trouble responding as I overlooked an email. I had only dealt with this customer thru email. I did leave out of town to a race which I rarely get to do and had my phone on with all shop calls forwarded. I was there trying to help some customers. If others feel I have provided poor customer service I would appreciate them letting me know as he did. We are a small shop and work very hard at providing a great product and service with it, but we are not perfect. I would like to know all the ones that purchased products and are unhappy as you stated. If you could let me know so I can improve.

Thanks, Chris Hart
Santhuff's Suspension
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/25/20 12:55 PM

Welcome aboard and nice post Chris. Good luck with your new endeavor and Happy Thanksgiving.

This is my perspective and I have been on both sides. I have missed calls, voice mails, emails and ebay notifications on completed auctions over the years. Once I was aware of the situation it was quick and easy to make things right with the customer. Sometimes things get a little tense in the heat of battle (trying to get a car ready for this weekend etc) and the customer's EGT's get a little too high. Totally understandable behavior IMO. All you can do it try to make it right.

That said I have also "fired" customers over the years for not respecting my time. Unfortunately they have all been retired guys that don't really have much going on in their lives. The individuals (only two in 20 years) both exhibited the same behavior which was calling multiple time in a row within the same hour demanding a call back for (from my perspective) basically what was chit-chat and not really a technical question or problem. Eventually these individuals got really pushy and even more demanding to I politely declined any future work from them because I (in truth) could not effectively serve them as a customer.

While the above might not have any bearing on this situation I find myself being somewhat impatient at times (waiting for tracking numbers, etc.) and the reality is I am EXCITED about my new parts and how they will work.

Questions to ask busy people that are trying to serve you:

"I need some time to talk over this issue. When would be a good time to talk?"

(instead of calling someone and blurting out a 15 minute narrative of your race weekend and then asking a question)

"What is the best way to contact you?"

This is a great way to find out where the action is. Some people use text, some use the phone and others rely heavily on social media (WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook etc) for whatever reason. If that is the best way to catch their attention you better figure it out. We are all kids in the classroom with our hands up waiting to be called on. Don't be that annoying kid jumping around in his chair grunting for attention. Be patient, wait your turn and if you are faced with an emergency by all means state that in your communications so the respondent can prioritize your needs.

This is a PSA in not acting like a jerk to your favorite vendor. It's a work in progress lol!

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/25/20 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
Welcome aboard and nice post Chris. Good luck with your new endeavor and Happy Thanksgiving.

This is my perspective and I have been on both sides. I have missed calls, voice mails, emails and ebay notifications on completed auctions over the years. Once I was aware of the situation it was quick and easy to make things right with the customer. Sometimes things get a little tense in the heat of battle (trying to get a car ready for this weekend etc) and the customer's EGT's get a little too high. Totally understandable behavior IMO. All you can do it try to make it right.

That said I have also "fired" customers over the years for not respecting my time. Unfortunately they have all been retired guys that don't really have much going on in their lives. The individuals (only two in 20 years) both exhibited the same behavior which was calling multiple time in a row within the same hour demanding a call back for (from my perspective) basically what was chit-chat and not really a technical question or problem. Eventually these individuals got really pushy and even more demanding to I politely declined any future work from them because I (in truth) could not effectively serve them as a customer.

While the above might not have any bearing on this situation I find myself being somewhat impatient at times (waiting for tracking numbers, etc.) and the reality is I am EXCITED about my new parts and how they will work.

Questions to ask busy people that are trying to serve you:

"I need some time to talk over this issue. When would be a good time to talk?"

(instead of calling someone and blurting out a 15 minute narrative of your race weekend and then asking a question)

"What is the best way to contact you?"

This is a great way to find out where the action is. Some people use text, some use the phone and others rely heavily on social media (WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook etc) for whatever reason. If that is the best way to catch their attention you better figure it out. We are all kids in the classroom with our hands up waiting to be called on. Don't be that annoying kid jumping around in his chair grunting for attention. Be patient, wait your turn and if you are faced with an emergency by all means state that in your communications so the respondent can prioritize your needs.

This is a PSA in not acting like a jerk to your favorite vendor. It's a work in progress lol!

Nice to hear from guys on the other side .... i think a lot of racers forget sometimes that there are literally hundreds or thousands of us customers, and only a few vendors to deal with all of us. We should remeber and be patient. AND remeber, the more time they BSing on the phone, the less time the have to do the actual work we need done.

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/25/20 08:01 PM

Sammy .... this good enough?? THE Man responded to YOU on Moparts and......

I think thats more than fair and going out of his way to make you comfortable with purchasing his product !

LMAO ! !

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/25/20 08:10 PM

I think thats more than fair and going out of his way to make you comfortable with purchasing his product !

LMAO ! !

you seem to think this is funny because you constantly type lol and lmao. Were you the rat bas tard to call Santhuff and tell him about this thread?
you seem to have a lot of time on your hands? Do you have a job? And as for buying shocks, i just ordered them today but they are not Santhuffs. But i did spend $3200.
LMFAO to you

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/25/20 08:25 PM

LMAO ! !

you seem to think this is funny because you constantly type lol and lmao. Were you the rat bas tard to call Santhuff and tell him about this thread?
you seem to have a lot of time on your hands? Do you have a job? And as for buying shocks, i just ordered them today but they are not Santhuffs. But i did spend $3200.
LMFAO to you

NO i did not tell CHris about this at all....

YES i work OVER 40 hours a week, GUess what i work on the phone at a majorautomotive paint supplier. I AM customer service and great at my job. We sell over 1 million a month in product that a lot of other people sell. WHY do they buy from me/us??? CUSTOMER SERVICE. Yes i have been in my position 20 years and people love me. I help people all day with problems they have and solutions. I help them all day long with ways to make more money and do better jobs.

YES I type LOL , LMAO, ROTFLMAO....you know why? because life is too short to get upset over things,like this. I really have never meant any animosity to you. Please take it easy and relax.
I dont know how Chris found out about this but he did respond and that speaks volumes.

Being in the customer service dept at my job, maybe im more understanding of getting calls back and what can go on during the day.
Sammy PLEASE take this as constructive criticism, im just like you , we are all racing to have fun and we like to get what we pay for. We are all on a budget and want to have maximum return for what we pay for. Im with you 100%. Please dont take me wrong. Have a great holiday and im sure you did your research and the shocks you got will work great for you.
Posted By: Runnoft

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/25/20 09:35 PM

For what it's worth I've had Alston, AFCO, Menscer modded AFCO's and Santhuff all on the same car. Last year, I "followed" Ron and Yancey when they left Santhuff - Ron with Afterworks and Yancey now owns Viscous Performance. I send my stuff to Yancey now because honestly I think I get the best service from those guys. Best I can tell, Ron and Yancey still work closely together even thought they both have their own label. I didn't feel like I got the best service from Menscer. That's just my experience. I can send Yancey a text, video, datalog etc. from the race track and he'll text me back with tuning advice while I'm at the track. No one else has approached that level of service.

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/25/20 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Runnoft
For what it's worth I've had Alston, AFCO, Menscer modded AFCO's and Santhuff all on the same car. Last year, I "followed" Ron and Yancey when they left Santhuff - Ron with Afterworks and Yancey now owns Viscous Performance. I send my stuff to Yancey now because honestly I think I get the best service from those guys. Best I can tell, Ron and Yancey still work closely together even thought they both have their own label. I didn't feel like I got the best service from Menscer. That's just my experience. I can send Yancey a text, video, datalog etc. from the race track and he'll text me back with tuning advice while I'm at the track. No one else has approached that level of service.

Thankyou, this is great information.
Do you know if Viscous Performance has a website?
I only see they have a Facebook and Instagram page.
I dont do either of them.
Posted By: Runnoft

Re: Hows Santhuffs customer service? - 11/25/20 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Runnoft

Thankyou, this is great information.
Do you know if Viscous Performance has a website?
I only see they have a Facebook and Instagram page.
I dont do either of them.

Glad I could help. I'm not sure if he has a website yet. His business number and cell number are the same - (361) 960-7675
© 2024 Moparts Forums