05/18/20 07:46 PM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only
DirectSubjection  Offline

Here
Originally Posted by AndyF
CA police have stopped people from sunbathing by themselves, surfing by themselves, etc. .

Beaches opened this weekend in New Jersey - no swimming, no sports or games, and no stopping on the sand. You have to be walking when on the sand, you are not allowed to stop. rolleyes

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Jjs72D] #2775923
05/18/20 07:47 PM
05/18/20 07:47 PM
Oregon
hooziewhatsit Offline
master
hooziewhatsit  Offline
master

Oregon
IMO, we need to look wider than the actual activity.

Boating and fishing is just fine... except everyone has to funnel through the boat launch. "oh, gotta hit the bathroom before I get on the water. Huh, there's a line; guess I'll wait my turn."

If a few people sunbathed and interacted with no one else, it would be fine. But looking at the photos, there were a whole bunch of people out. The majority of which probably funneled through parking lots and bathrooms again.

Don't get me wrong; if these restrictions were in place without a novel virus going around, I would be right there protesting too. But sometimes we need to think about people other than ourselves.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: hooziewhatsit] #2775937
05/18/20 08:41 PM
05/18/20 08:41 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
The intentions might be good but the rules are bad. For example, a lot of people where I live have their own docks. So they are not putting anyone in danger if they take their boat out for a cruise. But the rules put in place can't distinguish between boats launched at a ramp or from a private dock. That is why all of these rules will eventually be challenged in court and lose.

The states should see the writing on the wall by now and get ahead of the curve while people still have some respect for them. Declare victory and move on. The stay at home order in Oregon was just declared unconstitutional today since the governor hadn't gotten the proper approval to extend it past the first 30 days. I'm sure she'll appeal but she'll end up losing in the long run.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: DirectSubjection] #2775939
05/18/20 08:44 PM
05/18/20 08:44 PM
Oregon
A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
Originally Posted by DirectSubjection
CA police have stopped people from sunbathing by themselves, surfing by themselves, etc. .

Beaches opened this weekend in New Jersey - no swimming, no sports or games, and no stopping on the sand. You have to be walking when on the sand, you are not allowed to stop. rolleyes

Yeah that is dumb. I can't imagine what the cops think of having to enforce that rule! Follow some family around that has little kids and write them a ticket every time the little tike stops to look at a shell. That isn't going to work.......

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: AndyF] #2775945
05/18/20 08:50 PM
05/18/20 08:50 PM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
DirectSubjection  Offline

Here

The states should see the writing on the wall by now and get ahead of the curve while people still have some respect for them. Declare victory and move on. .

And good luck to them trying to do it again in the winter at the same level if the virus returns hard.

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: AndyF] #2775949
05/18/20 08:59 PM
05/18/20 08:59 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
Washington state had a rule that said that boating was okay but fishing was against the rules. Illinois has a rule that says only two people in a boat at the same time. So a family of four in IL can't go out in their own boat even though they live in the same house. CA police have stopped people from sunbathing by themselves, surfing by themselves, etc. A judge in TX put a gal in jail for cutting hair even though they were letting criminals out of jail to keep them from being exposed to the virus. So when you see that kind of stuff going on it is natural to start being very skeptical of the folks in charge.

Some states are open carry states so people are allowed to carry firearms. Other states aren't open carry. Rules vary by states.

The girl in Texas wasn't jailed for cutting hair she was jailed for failing to comply with a lawful order and tearing up a court summons. If she would have apologized to the judge she would have gone free but she and the people backing her wanted to make a big deal out of it.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: stumpy] #2775976
05/18/20 09:39 PM
05/18/20 09:39 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by stumpy

The girl in Texas wasn't jailed for cutting hair she was jailed for failing to comply with a lawful order and tearing up a court summons. If she would have apologized to the judge she would have gone free but she and the people backing her wanted to make a big deal out of it.

I wouldn't have kissed his rearend either. That judge has issues and a history.

If the results don't match the theory, change the theory.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: Runner2go] #2775985
05/18/20 09:59 PM
05/18/20 09:59 PM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA
Originally Posted by Runner2go

Just watched today's PA daily update
And he/she said that PA is ONCE AGAIN "Revising how Covid Deaths are COUNTED" in PA.
I guess either, counties with high Nursing home deaths were not happy... or they needed a way to boost the #'s in counties with low counts shruggy In either case... PA will NO LONGER count a Covid-19 death in the county where you actually DIE... "IF" your official Residence (tax address) is in another county. So starting tomorrow county death numbers will shift... reflecting mostly nursing home residents that died in the nursing home where they were currently living in one county... But still owned their original home (tax address) in another county. So the nursing home county will lose a death... and taxing county will gain a death. However the State will still "track" the Death in BOTH Counties... However he/she said they will not "Double Count" it... despite saying it will be listed "somewhere" in both counties....

And this is supposed to inspire respect and confidence in the ability of the "experts" to guide us through these troubled waters? These clowns couldn't find their rearend with both hands. Clearly they are flailing away at this with no clue of what they are doing and too ignorant to seek help.

PS:
On a separate note during the same update, Wolf was asked if he would allow the end of June Nascar race at Pocono to take place if the county (Monroe) is NOT yet green. The answer was NO. However... IF it is yellow at that time, he said they "may" be allowed to race WITHOUT FANS, if "they can prove to him", that they can do it safely.
That may give an indication of how he is leaning towards large upcoming events... such as Carlisle.

"Prove to him"... I though he had experts to run all this by. work

I keep hearing state legislators on the radio saying "We're all in Harrisburg working but no one knows where the Governor is. Haven't seen him in weeks, he's not in his office, can't talk to him, he won't talk to us." They think he's hiding at his home. This clown reminds me of Lt. Norman Dike from Easy Company (Band of Brothers) at Bastogne in so many ways. Born into privilege, rank climber, inept, fell apart when fan, got people killed. Called him "Foxhole Norman".

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/18/20 10:00 PM.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: jcc] #2775998
05/18/20 10:47 PM
05/18/20 10:47 PM
rust belt
M
mother hen Offline
mother hen  Offline
M

rust belt
Originally Posted by jcc
[quote=mother hen]..someone got the models wrong....again we know the risk groups so let's keep them safe.

No, someone doesn't understand what a model is and isn't.

Who?....Faucci?....Redfield?....CNN?.....no need to be officious. a model is a concept so they can be neither right or wrong. I think someone PICKED the wrong model. Looking backwards a model can be assigned a value. In today's world those models have the value of being wrong. You do not govern a country with a hypothesis. California ran on a model that showed upwards of 25 million positives case. That's insane. i am not diminishing the virus, it is out there and poses a serious threat to the elderly with complications. But this country is ready to get out. Amazing how the Michigan governor is giving the swing state to trump. And Wisconsin. A few others also.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: mother hen] #2776008
05/18/20 11:23 PM
05/18/20 11:23 PM
Phoenix, AZ
Jjs72D Offline
Deep in the closet
Jjs72D  Offline
Deep in the closet

Phoenix, AZ
Mother Hen...4 posts in 2 years?

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776017
05/18/20 11:58 PM
05/18/20 11:58 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
Originally Posted by CMcAllister

What do you know about the judge that you haven't gotten from iffy sources? He's got a very good reputation on the bench as fair and impartial. He gave that stupid broad all the chances in the world and she refused to take them.

Last edited by stumpy; 05/19/20 12:00 AM.
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: stumpy] #2776033
05/19/20 02:36 AM
05/19/20 02:36 AM
Fulton County, PA
C
CMcAllister Offline
Mr. Helpful
CMcAllister  Offline
Mr. Helpful
C

Fulton County, PA

What do you know about the judge that you haven't gotten from iffy sources? He's got a very good reputation on the bench as fair and impartial. He gave that stupid broad all the chances in the world and she refused to take them.

I read a lot of stuff and can't find what I'm looking for about Judge Moye. It had to do with his politics and some other decisions, and probably shouldn't be discussed here anyways. Suffice to say the Governor and AG of Texas spanked him for his actions regarding Shelley Luther.

Stupid broad? For wanting to keep her shop open and feed her family? For wanting to keep her employees working so they are able to feed their kids? For not agreeing to accept being ruined and her employees being ruined as well? Demanding she apologize for doing those things? She's a hero.

Brother, I'm just about social security age and I never thought I would live long enough to see the things being done to honest, working people and business owners right now. The verbal abuse, threats, vilification and financial destruction being heaped on decent, working citizens - all of it 100% against everything the Constitution and this country has stood for. The backbone of this country being treated like garbage, being put in jail while criminals are being turned lose.This has to stop. I mean it really has to stop or it's going to get ugly.

A shutdown to protect the healthcare system from being overwhelmed, to flatten the curve, remember? That was okay with Americans, me included. It was supposed to be temporary. Not for 3 months, not until the disease was reduced to zero, which will likely never happen. Now it's being used by people with an agenda as a weapon. By judges, governors, "experts" and fake news media all over the country. Abusing people like this doesn't happen in an America I'm familiar with. I'm one little pipsqueak, but I'm not going to watch it happen without raising h3II about it.

Last edited by CMcAllister; 05/19/20 02:20 PM.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: CMcAllister] #2776048
05/19/20 07:08 AM
05/19/20 07:08 AM
Colleyville
3hundred Offline
I Live Here
3hundred  Offline
I Live Here

Colleyville
[quote=stumpy][quote=CMcAllister]
Stupid broad? For wanting to keep her shop open and feed her family? For wanting to keep her employees working so they are able to feed their kids? For not agreeing to accept being ruined and her employees being ruined as well? Demanding she apologize for doing those things? She's a hero.

If you didn't see her interview, her employees (really I think they're independent contractors, so ineligible for unemployment) were desperate, they were going to go out on their own. Shelly felt like she could keep them safer in a controlled environment.

'68 Fury Convertible
'69 300 Convertible
'15 Durango 5.7 Hemi
'16 300 S Hemi
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: 3hundred] #2776070
05/19/20 09:09 AM
05/19/20 09:09 AM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Offline
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Offline
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
Here in Illinois, White Pines Resort went broke due to the closure orders. Then IDNR sent officers to shut down the liquidation sale. Our leaders have lost their freakin' minds.

https://www.mystateline.com/news/po...rt-gift-shop-going-out-of-business-sale/

Here is the owner discussing what it is like to be forced into bankruptcy after 31 years in business. This is before the Gestapo stopped her liquidation sale. A warning, it's heartbreaking.

https://www.facebook.com/whitepinesinn/videos/168412914586362/

Master, again and still
Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: DaveRS23] #2776079
05/19/20 10:17 AM
05/19/20 10:17 AM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Our daughter rents a chair in a salon doing hair. 5 blocks up Main St from the Police Dept. Owner decided to close because of her compromised immune system. Daughter has changed her gig to a traveling show, doing her work masked up on peoples porches. I feel it's somewhat risky yet her job and money. She also can pick and choose who she'd like to accommodate. The slow down was actually timely as she moved into home they are buying.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: srt] #2776099
05/19/20 11:11 AM
05/19/20 11:11 AM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted by srt
Our daughter rents a chair in a salon doing hair. 5 blocks up Main St from the Police Dept. Owner decided to close because of her compromised immune system. Daughter has changed her gig to a traveling show, doing her work masked up on peoples porches. I feel it's somewhat risky yet her job and money. She also can pick and choose who she'd like to accommodate. The slow down was actually timely as she moved into home they are buying.

Is she double dipping and getting unemployment money too. And I’d it allowed in her state. They threatened to pull license here in PA to people doing this. Dog grooming too.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: not_a_charger] #2776106
05/19/20 11:31 AM
05/19/20 11:31 AM
MA
BH27G1B Offline
mopar
BH27G1B  Offline
mopar

MA
As we approach Memorial Day and honor the brave men/women that fought to defend our rights and freedom, I wonder what they would think about what is going on, from pompous judges trying to deny hard working peoples right to feed their family to the ignorance of releasing criminals, among other things. Our veterans worked together to defeat the enemy, and I know who I would want beside me in battle.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: BH27G1B] #2776124
05/19/20 12:38 PM
05/19/20 12:38 PM
Grand Prairie,Texas
stumpy Offline
I Win
stumpy  Offline
I Win

Grand Prairie,Texas
What do you people not recognize about RULE OF LAW. whether you like it or not it should be followed. No one has the right to do what they want just because the think they are above the law. She was given a ticket and tore it up and refused to follow the direction of a lawful order which is contempt of court and that was what she was jailed for. Instead of telling the judge she made a mistake and be let go she decided to make a stink online that made her thousands of dollars through a go fund me page. Plus she got a loan from the government to pay employees she doesn't have. They are contractors and that allows her not to have to claim them on payroll. But that's ok because she's special and rules don't apply to her.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: pittsburghracer] #2776132
05/19/20 01:10 PM
05/19/20 01:10 PM
Jefferson State
S
srt Offline
ESYC
srt  Offline
ESYC
S

Jefferson State
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
.............Is she double dipping and getting unemployment money too........

I'll ask her, she's coming by for a visit in the yard for my B Day. All her childhood she learned and lived integrity, she should know right from wrong.
She married a snake in the grass type guy that takes advantage of every angle. I don't think about screuuing others or my neighbors (govt) and never gave it any thought.
I believe any income has to be reported and I've already talked with her about not taking care of her future by not reporting all cash income and under-reporting /paying social security. Told her I didn't want to see herliving in a tin can in a park in her waning years.

Re: The official Coronavirus thread [Re: mother hen] #2776145
05/19/20 02:19 PM
05/19/20 02:19 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Originally Posted by mother hen
Originally Posted by jcc
[quote=mother hen]..someone got the models wrong....again we know the risk groups so let's keep them safe.

No, someone doesn't understand what a model is and isn't.

Who?....Faucci?....Redfield?....CNN?.....no need to be officious. a model is a concept so they can be neither right or wrong. I think someone PICKED the wrong model. Looking backwards a model can be assigned a value. In today's world those models have the value of being wrong. You do not govern a country with a hypothesis. California ran on a model that showed upwards of 25 million positives case. That's insane. i am not diminishing the virus, it is out there and poses a serious threat to the elderly with complications. But this country is ready to get out. Amazing how the Michigan governor is giving the swing state to trump. And Wisconsin. A few others also.

I quoted a source with a link of what a reasonable description of what a (scientific) model is. Not sure they are classified in words as yours "right or wrong", I know that is not what everybody wants, like exactness, winners or losers, etc. But that ain't reality.

Here is my quote again:

"In science, a model is a representation of an idea, an object or even a process or a system that is used to describe and explain phenomena that cannot be experienced directly. Models are central to what scientists do, both in their research as well as when communicating their explanations.

Models have a variety of uses – from providing a way of explaining complex data to presenting as a hypothesis. There may be more than one model proposed by scientists to explain or predict what might happen in particular circumstances. Often scientists will argue about the ‘rightness’ of their model, and in the process, the model will evolve or be rejected. Consequently, models are central to the process of knowledge-building in science and demonstrate how science knowledge is tentative."

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Page 79 of 136 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 135 136