M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Originally Posted By Keith Richards
Bit of time lapse there............Goad wanting to pull his hair out (shaved head) when plugs went down the motor then they flash to interview about it and he has 1/2" long hair. Sorry to see for sure, stuff happens and that TV editing in action for sure.
Those "interviews" are always done after the fact. Weeks or sometimes months after the footage is shot. When they do those, they roll the film for a refresher and then the comments are made. They usually do several interviews in one sitting

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2217623
12/20/16 11:26 AM
12/20/16 11:26 AM
Milwaukee WI
T
TRENDZ Offline
master
TRENDZ  Offline
master
T

Milwaukee WI
Reaper can't catch a break. Really would like to see some clean trouble free passes from him.
As for this....

Don't know you and never heard of you. PLEASE honor us with some pictures of your race car so that we may know who we are talking to. Do you buy your power or do you help produce all that horsepower. The screen name doesn't ring a bell.

That Avenger is 1 bad Mo. Know of him or not, He is one of the most talented people on this board. Paying attention to his posts may be a good idea.

Last edited by TRENDZ; 12/20/16 11:28 AM.

"use it 'till it breaks, replace as needed"
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: TRENDZ] #2217633
12/20/16 11:35 AM
12/20/16 11:35 AM
western PA
S
stevet340 Offline
enthusiast
stevet340  Offline
enthusiast
S

western PA

That Avenger is 1 bad Mo. Know of him or not, He is one of the most talented people on this board. Paying attention to his posts may be a good idea.

Why would anyone listen to him? He's not a "guru" "the man" or a regular fair haired boy on Moparts. He's not selling, promoting, or agreeing with the sheeples on here. He knows what he knows, is talented and good at what he does, why bring him down to the other 99% on here???? Thats why the smart, talented guys don't post much if at all on here anymore. I wonder how much longer Monte will stick it out on here wasting his time TRYING to help people who don't want to be helped or educated.... stirthepot

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: Monte_Smith] #2217690
12/20/16 12:59 PM
12/20/16 12:59 PM
Benton, IL.
D
DaveRS23 Offline
Special needs idiot
DaveRS23  Offline
Special needs idiot
D

Benton, IL.
Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
ALL these guys work hard to do this deal. The filming schedule is crazy. It's hard to keep cars like this ready to race on a weekly basis and work a job to. They are making some money from it now, but for years they were going broke trying to keep up every week. They are down right now, but it's only for a few weeks and are all scrambling to make changes. We are making suspension and gearing changes on Docs car and I have the intakes from Monza and the Reaper here to make a few changes. It's always something

Shawn is humping to have the NEW Murder Nova ready and Chief has bought another car as well, since they made the no "pro-mods" move

Hey Monte, how about a little more info on the "no pro mods move"? That is the first I have heard about that and like the idea a lot.

And Monte, thanks for hanging in there and trying to keep the record straight. I don't know why people can't just watch and enjoy a really cool car show without constantly trying to tear it down. The haters could just change the channel. But it seems much more important to them to try to ruin it for anyone else who might enjoy watching it.

Master, again and still
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2217735
12/20/16 02:06 PM
12/20/16 02:06 PM
Bowling Green, KY
C
cudaboy Offline
master
cudaboy  Offline
master
C

Bowling Green, KY
Quote:
Hey Monte, how about a little more info on the "no pro mods move"? That is the first I have heard about that and like the idea a lot.
It was touched on in an episode or the podcast, I don't remember. I think it went like this:

The guy who started the original Cash Days (Limpy, out of Texas maybe) said no more pro mods in his events. That's why Chief and the CroMod couldn't compete in the last one. Once the show had ran its course, Cash Days are these guys big events and they all want to compete in them, so Chief is building another steel body back half.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure...lol.

Dennis

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: Monte_Smith] #2217771
12/20/16 02:42 PM
12/20/16 02:42 PM
in a cattle trailer down by th...
G
Guitar Jones Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
Guitar Jones  Offline
Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!
G

in a cattle trailer down by th...
Mike(new guy) left the warm up plugs in the throttle bodies when he put new plugs in. Just like carb guys hang them in the boosters, we generally lay them in the bodies. He just forgot about them and since you don't have to crack the throttle on an EFI car, it didn't show until he decked it in the burnout

Why would you do this? I've been an auto mechanic for 42 years and I wouldn't even think of setting anything in a carb or throttle body that could even remotely end up in the intake. It's just tempting fate. Everyone makes mistakes, why would you want to increase your odds of catastrophic failure?

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: Guitar Jones] #2217781
12/20/16 02:52 PM
12/20/16 02:52 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline OP
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline OP
"Little"John

PA.
Originally Posted By Guitar Jones
Mike(new guy) left the warm up plugs in the throttle bodies when he put new plugs in. Just like carb guys hang them in the boosters, we generally lay them in the bodies. He just forgot about them and since you don't have to crack the throttle on an EFI car, it didn't show until he decked it in the burnout

Why would you do this? I've been an auto mechanic for 42 years and I wouldn't even think of setting anything in a carb or throttle body that could even remotely end up in the intake. It's just tempting fate. Everyone makes mistakes, why would you want to increase your odds of catastrophic failure?

BINGO!!!!!!!!! And I can't believe Monte says he does this too. As soon as my hood comes off the race car a clean rags goes over the carb to prevent things like this from happening. And unless I'm working on the carb the rag stays there till the job is finished. Why would ANYONE purposely put something in or on a carb or throttle body BEGGING for something bad to happen.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2217789
12/20/16 03:01 PM
12/20/16 03:01 PM
fredericksburg,va
C
cudaman1969 Offline
master
cudaman1969  Offline
master
C

fredericksburg,va
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

BINGO!!!!!!!!! And I can't believe Monte says he does this too. As soon as my hood comes off the race car a clean rags goes over the carb to prevent things like this from happening. And unless I'm working on the carb the rag stays there till the job is finished. Why would ANYONE purposely put something in or on a carb or throttle body BEGGING for something bad to happen.

Because it was the "cool" thing to do since the pro stockers did it. Copy cats

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2217794
12/20/16 03:06 PM
12/20/16 03:06 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
I've done stuff I'm too embarrassed to admit but I always set my plugs on the air cleaner or on the radiator in the order they came out to keep tabs on cylinders for the reasons above. That's a tough break and wish that on no one............. down

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: FastmOp] #2217812
12/20/16 03:36 PM
12/20/16 03:36 PM
Memphis TN
B
B1HEAD_USER Offline
enthusiast
B1HEAD_USER  Offline
enthusiast
B

Memphis TN
Originally Posted By FastmOp
If it bites me I'll rebuild it. I have had it sideways in the lights. It's a possibility every time I launch it.
You laughing at a racer for hurting his junk is why I called you out.
It's indy heads with a turbo. Fast as hell for a bracket motor. It's my combo, I didn't copy anyone.
Look through my pics on photo bucket, you will see nobody but me built it.
What I started with

Put up the Photobucket link I'd like to see the pics.

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: DaveRS23] #2217817
12/20/16 03:42 PM
12/20/16 03:42 PM
Hilltown Pa
1967dartgt Offline
master
1967dartgt  Offline
master

Hilltown Pa
Originally Posted By DaveRS23
ALL these guys work hard to do this deal. The filming schedule is crazy. It's hard to keep cars like this ready to race on a weekly basis and work a job to. They are making some money from it now, but for years they were going broke trying to keep up every week. They are down right now, but it's only for a few weeks and are all scrambling to make changes. We are making suspension and gearing changes on Docs car and I have the intakes from Monza and the Reaper here to make a few changes. It's always something

Shawn is humping to have the NEW Murder Nova ready and Chief has bought another car as well, since they made the no "pro-mods" move

And Monte, thanks for hanging in there and trying to keep the record straight. I don't know why people can't just watch and enjoy a really cool car show without constantly trying to tear it down. The haters could just change the channel. But it seems much more important to them to try to ruin it for anyone else who might enjoy watching it.

They have split off the promods at the no prep races in to there own class. So you have big tire as one class and promod as another class.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: FastmOp] #2217826
12/20/16 03:53 PM
12/20/16 03:53 PM
Indy
496 A-body Offline
enthusiast
496 A-body  Offline
enthusiast

Indy
I'm an ex tool maker. I can read a mic or run a CNC
one runs 4's, other runs 5's

What do you do now?

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: 1967dartgt] #2217829
12/20/16 03:56 PM
12/20/16 03:56 PM
Val-haul-ass... eventually
B
BradH Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
BradH  Offline
Taking time off to work on my car
B

Val-haul-ass... eventually
IIRC, Monte said that all of the top cars, except the current(?) Murder Nova, are full chassis cars w/ comparable componentry. Unless I misunderstood his explanation, there are more "Pro Mods" than just Chief's and Lutz's, but they simply don't look like it on the outside. I believe he mentioned Doc's & Monza's cars specifically in this regard, despite how those two keep talking up how they're racing against Pro Mods. confused

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: BradH] #2217841
12/20/16 04:15 PM
12/20/16 04:15 PM
Hilltown Pa
1967dartgt Offline
master
1967dartgt  Offline
master

Hilltown Pa
Originally Posted By BradH
IIRC, Monte said that all of the top cars, except the current(?) Murder Nova, are full chassis cars w/ comparable componentry. Unless I misunderstood his explanation, there are more "Pro Mods" than just Chief's and Lutz's, but they simply don't look like it on the outside. I believe he mentioned Doc's & Monza's cars specifically in this regard, despite how those two keep talking up how they're racing against Pro Mods. confused

If it's a stock wheel base car and has a vin from a manufacturer they call that top sportsman car. I believe they consider altered wheel base and stretched noses and full carbon or fiberglass body would be a pro mod.

That's what I gather from reading some of the class rules at the no prep races.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2217849
12/20/16 04:29 PM
12/20/16 04:29 PM
MN
J
JERICOGTX Offline
I Live Here
JERICOGTX  Offline
I Live Here
J

MN
Doc's, Monza's, Daddy Daves, and Murder Nova all started out as a production car. The chassis' are more or less the same from the firewall back. DD's and MN's cars have "stock" type front ends on them. Daves car uses a bolt in front, and the new Murder Nova has just enough of the front frame rail to hang stock type suspension parts on it. These cars also have stock outer demensions, but make no mistake about it, they are basically the same as Chief's and Lutz's ProMods.

69 GTX 68 Road Runner
Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2217851
12/20/16 04:33 PM
12/20/16 04:33 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
You can't really "define" what a Pro Mod is or isn't, just that you know one when you see it. Take the body off most of the cars out there, park the chassis side by side and there is zero difference. A 6.0 cert chassis is a 6.0 cert chassis. The problem is the body and the LOOK. The squashed body and long nose screams Pro Mod. Doc, Jerry and Reaper are as Pro Mod as it gets really, but with stock looking steel bodies and wheelbase. There was a thought about requiring a VIN number, but that would rule out some cars they don't want ruled out.

Kye Kelley looks stock, but is a glass body. Lutz 57 has a glass body. Chucks 55 has a glass body. John Doe is steel, but is an ex Pro Stock car, so it's a panel car with no VIN. These are not cars you want ruled out, so what do you do. You fall back on the "know one when I see it rule" and is what lots of no prep races are now doing

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: Guitar Jones] #2217859
12/20/16 04:41 PM
12/20/16 04:41 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama

You look at the plugs every pass on a nitrous car. We and most others have always just stuck the plugs in the carb boosters. It keeps them in order and where they can be seen. You look at the plugs with your light or scope and then put them back in the motor. Just the way most choose to do it. So when we switched to EFI our process didn't change. On our throttle bodies, they are shorter and the threads of the plugs stick out the top and are easily seen. Guess James' throttle bodies are deeper and they were overlooked.

Because YOU wouldn't do it doesn't matter. You likely do things I would never do, so none of that matters. A mistake was made, it cost him and is likely a mistake he will never make again

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: 496 A-body] #2217869
12/20/16 05:03 PM
12/20/16 05:03 PM
Hot Rod Ridge
FastmOp Offline
master
FastmOp  Offline
master

Hot Rod Ridge
Originally Posted By 496 A-body
I'm an ex tool maker. I can read a mic or run a CNC
one runs 4's, other runs 5's

What do you do now?

Sent u a PM. I own a storage business to pay for car stuff. Not as good $$ as tool and die work, but my work schedule is a lot better.

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2217882
12/20/16 05:24 PM
12/20/16 05:24 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline OP
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline OP
"Little"John

PA.
Old Monza has been showing up loaded for bear lately. I enjoy seeing him do well.

15034573_1114265185356836_7173284262714540032_n.jpg

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Street Outlaws. Now I've seen it ALL (Reaper) [Re: pittsburghracer] #2217888
12/20/16 05:37 PM
12/20/16 05:37 PM
Hot Rod Ridge
FastmOp Offline
master
FastmOp  Offline
master

Hot Rod Ridge
I wondered why Doc and Reaper don't run a Lexan scoop. Seemed like it would help them pick up some power.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7