03/31/16 06:06 PM
03/31/16 06:06 PM
Philadelphia PA
Pynzo Offline OP
Drugs are bad
Pynzo  Offline OP
Drugs are bad

Philadelphia PA
I just got a call from ECS and they're taking orders for carpets again. I want to jump on this at $379 shipped it sounds to be a great deal with the extra material and quality. I need a H2B7 interior for my '70 Bee. I had pulled the OEM carpet out 30 years ago and recall it being darker than the interior plastic kick panels and seat cover material.
What color code should I use to order?
Thanks!

Edit- couple of pics from web searches for H2B7 interiors. They definitely look different. Bottom pic is how I remember my OEM carpet being.

image.jpegimage.jpeg
Last edited by Pynzo; 03/31/16 08:55 PM.
Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: Pynzo] #2043647
04/01/16 04:47 PM
04/01/16 04:47 PM
North Carolina
469runner Offline
pro stock
469runner  Offline
pro stock

North Carolina
I needed what you have on the bottom. I even sent in a sample. What I received is the color in the top pic. I wasn't really happy about it. I wasn't going to pay to send it back. I guess they don't have the darker blue. So I installed what I got. ECS told me my sample had faded darker? I wouldn't bother again.

Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: 469runner] #2043703
04/01/16 05:47 PM
04/01/16 05:47 PM
Philadelphia PA
Pynzo Offline OP
Drugs are bad
Pynzo  Offline OP
Drugs are bad

Philadelphia PA
I guess I'll have to order from Auto Custom Carpet then. What color to choose? Dark Blue or Shade 13?

image.png
Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: Pynzo] #2043764
04/01/16 06:54 PM
04/01/16 06:54 PM
Crook County, ILL
Mastershake340 Offline
master
Mastershake340  Offline
master

Crook County, ILL
Frugal car guy flat carpet plan-
1. Order ACC carpet on Monday (for best price, can use Rock Auto as they carry ACC and your carpet is drop shipped from ACC anyway)
2. Carpet arrives Thursday or Friday. From your order to your delivery time, it's only been rolled up in the box for several days. Remove immediately from box, unroll and lay out somewhere in your house, shop or whatever, for a few days minimum.
3. Install your flat carpet in car
4. Go out and enjoy the $200 you just saved
Note-plan not guaranteed to work in Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and any other place where shipping delays occur.

Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: Pynzo] #2043791
04/01/16 07:13 PM
04/01/16 07:13 PM
North Carolina
469runner Offline
pro stock
469runner  Offline
pro stock

North Carolina
I would say the 13 shade would be correct for your car.

Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: Pynzo] #2043825
04/01/16 07:58 PM
04/01/16 07:58 PM
Utah and Alaska
astjp2 Offline
master
astjp2  Offline
master

Utah and Alaska
What do they have for green? Tim

1941 Taylorcraft
1968 Charger
1994 Wrangler
1998 Wrangler
2008 Kia Rio
2017 Jetta

I didn't do 4 years and 9 months of Graduate School to be called Mister!
Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: Pynzo] #2043829
04/01/16 08:01 PM
04/01/16 08:01 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
After seeing how nice the ECS carpet set is I got for my Duster I wouldn't even consider buying anything else.

Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: 469runner] #2044180
04/02/16 03:54 AM
04/02/16 03:54 AM

M
maxfield303H1E
Unregistered
maxfield303H1E
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By 469runner
I needed what you have on the bottom. I even sent in a sample. What I received is the color in the top pic. I wasn't really happy about it. I wasn't going to pay to send it back. I guess they don't have the darker blue. So I installed what I got. ECS told me my sample had faded darker? I wouldn't bother again.

Are you sure you ordered it from ECS? I've gotten two different sets from them (I think I spoke to Charlie or Tom) and they were very specific with the colors when I was ordering. In depth to the point of a bunch of back and forth with calls and emails just to get the right color. The one carpet that I installed didn't match ACC's carpet default color but was actually a Ford color according to the employee at ECS when they looked up the colors.

ECS actually seems to offer more in their colors than ACC. ACC has a specific offering for Chrysler cars in their list but ECS somehow provides colors outside of the normal scope of what ACC does. From what I've been told, all of the ECS carpeting is custom made at the time that you order by ACC. The shape is crisp because the backing has never been fractured from being rolled up and shoved into a box. Having it fit correctly can easily take a couple of hours off of the installation time.

Both of the carpets I got from them I was VERY happy with and fit perfectly. I actually needed to trim a little off of the area under the sill plates on one of them since it was a little too big. ( Hey, I'd rather have too much and trim down than not enough and have it be showing metal!)

I'd honestly like to know how the other poster can guarantee that ordering on a Monday, say, will guarantee that your carpet was made when your order was placed. You could still get carpet from inventory that has sat rolled up for a many weeks or longer.

I'll be getting in a car soon that will need to have its carpet replaced (as well as the rest of the interior) and I'm going to see if the owner wants to go this route as the fit is far better than anyone elses out there.

Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: Pynzo] #2044192
04/02/16 06:11 AM
04/02/16 06:11 AM
None
71rm23 Offline
master
71rm23  Offline
master

None
Pynzo, the bottom picture you posted looks WAAAAY better IMHO

Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: astjp2] #2044224
04/02/16 09:20 AM
04/02/16 09:20 AM
Philadelphia PA
Pynzo Offline OP
Drugs are bad
Pynzo  Offline OP
Drugs are bad

Philadelphia PA
Originally Posted By astjp2
What do they have for green? Tim

From ACC's color chart-

image.png
Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: Mastershake340] #2044239
04/02/16 09:52 AM
04/02/16 09:52 AM
Philadelphia PA
Pynzo Offline OP
Drugs are bad
Pynzo  Offline OP
Drugs are bad

Philadelphia PA
Originally Posted By Mastershake340
Frugal car guy flat carpet plan-
1. Order ACC carpet on Monday (for best price, can use Rock Auto as they carry ACC and your carpet is drop shipped from ACC anyway)
2. Carpet arrives Thursday or Friday. From your order to your delivery time, it's only been rolled up in the box for several days. Remove immediately from box, unroll and lay out somewhere in your house, shop or whatever, for a few days minimum.
3. Install your flat carpet in car
4. Go out and enjoy the $200 you just saved
Note-plan not guaranteed to work in Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and any other place where shipping delays occur.

I checked Rock Auto. I can order Dark Blue from them, ACC carpet. $135 shipped. Mass Backing about $40 more. Is the mass backing worth it?
One more question- does rolling the carpet affect the 4 speed hump?
Thanks!

Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: 71rm23] #2044247
04/02/16 09:59 AM
04/02/16 09:59 AM
Philadelphia PA
Pynzo Offline OP
Drugs are bad
Pynzo  Offline OP
Drugs are bad

Philadelphia PA
Originally Posted By 71rm23
Pynzo, the bottom picture you posted looks WAAAAY better IMHO

I totally agree. That's how I remember my interior looking. Varying shades of blue. The only thing I see missing in that pic is the center seat belt. The upper dash pad looks a little light to me, I remember mine being a darker shade than the dash paint. I'm glad I came across the pics, If anyone needs more for reference let me know. I have several shots of that interior from various angles.

Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: Pynzo] #2044326
04/02/16 11:27 AM
04/02/16 11:27 AM
None
71rm23 Offline
master
71rm23  Offline
master

None
Could the first picture be weathered? IDK

Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: Pynzo] #2044379
04/02/16 12:31 PM
04/02/16 12:31 PM
Crook County, ILL
Mastershake340 Offline
master
Mastershake340  Offline
master

Crook County, ILL
Originally Posted By maxfield303H1E

I'd honestly like to know how the other poster can guarantee that ordering on a Monday, say, will guarantee that your carpet was made when your order was placed. You could still get carpet from inventory that has sat rolled up for a many weeks or longer.

I am not in a position to guarantee anything, I am not in the business, just passing along what the high end Mopar shop that painted and partially reassembled "money pit", my T/A project, told me they do rather than order the higher cost shipped flat carpet. With a Rock Auto gift certificate I won at a car show earlier in the season about to expire, and the carpet in my FK5 convertible looking faded and a bit ratty, I tried the shop's carpet advice, ordered over the weekend, it arrived from ACC Thursday or Friday, laid it out immediately, and I have a hard time imagining it could have been any flatter if I'd ordered "shipped flat".
Fit my into my car's floorboard perfectly. Required lots of trimming though.
My understanding is the ACC carpets are stored flat until they are rolled up to put in a box to ship an order.
Your results may vary.... wink

Originally Posted By Pynzo

I checked Rock Auto. I can order Dark Blue from them, ACC carpet. $135 shipped. Mass Backing about $40 more. Is the mass backing worth it?
One more question- does rolling the carpet affect the 4 speed hump?
Thanks!

Not that I can tell. Looks fine in "money pit"
The biggest issue I ran into installing the frugal car guy method flat ACC carpet was getting the sills on. The ACC carpet is thick! I cut a relief in the lower carpet section under where the upper section overlaps, had a friend pushing down on the sill while I put in screws, etc, still had to use a rubber mallet on the sill in a few spots to get it in place well enough it didn't rub the door panels. I have 30 year old NOS sills for money pit, dreading finishing the carpet on that car, as I am not using a rubber mallet on those NOS sills! Any advice on dealing with that issue would be appreciated, sorry if I'm going a little OT.

10-25-15 (14).jpgIMG_0687.JPG
Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: ] #2044430
04/02/16 01:45 PM
04/02/16 01:45 PM
North Carolina
469runner Offline
pro stock
469runner  Offline
pro stock

North Carolina
"Are you sure you ordered it from ECS?" I found the shipping label. I'm not that old. Also the 1968 Charger with this carpet installed. Looks OK, should be the darker color though.

img073.jpg100_4612.JPG
Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: Pynzo] #2044457
04/02/16 02:46 PM
04/02/16 02:46 PM
Eugene, Oregon
M
minivan Offline
master
minivan  Offline
master
M

Eugene, Oregon
I can vouch for leaving your rolled up carpet you purchased, in the box for a few years is not the way to do it..

I suppose a pro with a steam gun could have got the wrinkles out but "not a pro " here.... LOL

DSCF0160.JPG
Last edited by minivan; 04/02/16 02:47 PM.
Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: Pynzo] #2044538
04/02/16 04:52 PM
04/02/16 04:52 PM

M
maxfield303H1E
Unregistered
maxfield303H1E
Unregistered
M

Mastershake,

Ok, so you are getting the info third party then. I'd like to see ACC's warehouse if they store all of their carpets flat since that must take up a HUGE amount of space. Having them rolled up and boxed would certainly take up a lot less space making that space available for other machines or product or whatever. Logically thinking, with all the varying styles of floor pans they have for not only Mopar, but all of the other brands they sell, even if they were to stack all of the carpets "flat" on each other, wouldn't the carpeting get crushed if another body style was laid on top of it since the mold would be different?

Again, I have no clue what ACC does as I have never seen their facility, but as a business owner, I know that my space is precious. Any wasted space is like throwing money out the door. Kind of like leaving a window open yet having the heat going full blast.

469runner,

Just curious but was that the color that you and the employee at ECS agreed upon after discussion or was that the color that you told them that you wanted?

Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: Mastershake340] #2044575
04/02/16 05:33 PM
04/02/16 05:33 PM

C
Carpet
Unregistered
Carpet
Unregistered
C

My understanding is the ACC carpets are stored flat until they are rolled up to put in a box to ship an order.

I thought it best if I set the record straight before any additional falsehoods were made regarding this topic. First let me say that we NEVER pick a Carpet color for our Customers. Our ordering possess is very customized to accommodate our Customer's selection. Nothing is ordered until they select and/or agree upon the color they order. We even send small "samples" cut from our swatches to ensure they are aware of the EXACT color they will be receiving. You can see the little pieces cut from our samples (sent to our Customers) in the picture below. We have every color ACC provides because ACC manufactures our Carpets CUSTOM to our specifications. We don't have a "Chrysler" color because ALL of their colors are offered to our Customers as Chrysler colors. If your Carpet matched an AMC color better than the Chrysler color they use for a default, we can have your Carpet custom manufactured withe that particular color! ACC has colors they offer to the Chrysler Market, while we open EVERY color up to our Customers to make sure they get a color that best represents their selection. For the record, we don't make a penny on the Carpet we sell. We probably lose money on every set that goes out. I pay ACC more than what their advertised Carpet typically sells for delivered. I only offer Carpet a couple of times a year to those who want the best custom fit product that they can buy. I had this carpet Custom made for my projects and I periodically offer it to the Hobby as a favor, for those who are more concerned with Factory correctness than saving a few dollars for a lessor product.

Second, you would have to be naive or delusional to think that ACC is inventorying their carpet "flat" until a Customer orders it. I know how their manufacturing is done because I work with them in this area. The rolling of their Carpet process is part of their manufacturing process. Every Carpet they make is rolled on their assembly line and forced into a box after it has been shaped and molded. Do you think they are removing their Carpets off of their processing line, stacking them throughput their Facility and then handling them again to package when a Customer orders it? Their machinery rolls them TIGHT and then puts them into shipping box. One of the reasons our Carpet cost more is due to the fact that they have to run our Carpet on a separate day in a dedicated fashion. They have to change their normal manufacturing process to hand remove our Carpet from the line before it gets to the rolling phase. Since this adds extra steps for them, we get charged more for the benefit of keeping the Carpet flat. That's exactly how the Factory had their Carpets shipped to them. Flat! Whether it be 5 minuets or 5 days, rolling the Carpet FRACTURES the molded backing and it can never return to its original shape. Try folding paper and then laying it flat again. It may be flat to some degree but you will never remove the seam that's left on the paper's surface.

We have Restoration Shops that claim our Carpet saves them HOURS of installation time due to our "flat manufactured" feature. They don't have to get out heat guns or put their car in the Sun for days in hopes that it removes the bumps and imperfections that "rolling" caused. Since you have come here to present false claims about our products and related information, I didn't think you would mind if I presented the facts!

Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: ] #2044578
04/02/16 05:38 PM
04/02/16 05:38 PM

M
maxfield303H1E
Unregistered
maxfield303H1E
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By Carpet

I thought it best if I set the record straight before any additional falsehoods were made regarding this topic. First let me say that we NEVER pick a Carpet color for our Customers. Our ordering possess is very customized to accommodate our Customer's selection. Nothing is ordered until they select and/or agree upon the color they order. We even send small "samples" cut from our swatches to ensure they are aware of the EXACT color they will be receiving. You can see the little pieces cut from our samples (sent to our Customers) in the picture below. We have every color ACC provides because ACC manufactures our Carpets CUSTOM to our specifications. We don't have a "Chrysler" color because ALL of their colors are offered to our Customers as Chrysler colors. If your Carpet matched an AMC color better than the Chrysler color they use for a default, we can have your Carpet custom manufactured withe that particular color! ACC has colors they offer to the Chrysler Market, while we open EVERY color up to our Customers to make sure they get a color that best represents their selection. For the record, we don't make a penny on the Carpet we sell. We probably lose money on every set that goes out. I pay ACC more than what their advertised Carpet typically sells for delivered. I only offer Carpet a couple of times a year to those who want the best custom fit product that they can buy. I had this carpet Custom made for my projects and I periodically offer it to the Hobby as a favor, for those who are more concerned with Factory correctness than saving a few dollars for a lessor product.

Second, you would have to be naive or delusional to think that ACC is inventorying their carpet "flat" until a Customer orders it. I know how their manufacturing is done because I work with them in this area. The rolling of their Carpet process is part of their manufacturing process. Every Carpet they make is rolled on their assembly line and forced into a box after it has been shaped and molded. Do you think they are removing their Carpets off of their processing line, stacking them throughput their Facility and then handling them again to package when a Customer orders it? Their machinery rolls them TIGHT and then puts them into shipping box. One of the reasons our Carpet cost more is due to the fact that they have to run our Carpet on a separate day in a dedicated fashion. They have to change their normal manufacturing process to hand remove our Carpet from the line before it gets to the rolling phase. Since this adds extra steps for them, we get charged more for the benefit of keeping the Carpet flat. That's exactly how the Factory had their Carpets shipped to them. Flat! Whether it be 5 minuets or 5 days, rolling the Carpet FRACTURES the molded backing and it can never return to its original shape. Try folding paper and then laying it flat again. It may be flat to some degree but you will never remove the seam that's left on the paper's surface.

We have Restoration Shops that claim our Carpet saves them HOURS of installation time due to our "flat manufactured" feature. They don't have to get out heat guns or put their car in the Sun for days in hopes that it removes the bumps and imperfections that "rolling" caused. Since you have come here to present false claims about our products and related information, I didn't think you would mind if I presented the facts!

Thats pretty much what I said about them wasting space with storing all of the carpets flat. With a business, space is money.

Re: ECS Flat Shipped Carpet [Re: ] #2044592
04/02/16 05:55 PM
04/02/16 05:55 PM
Philadelphia PA
Pynzo Offline OP
Drugs are bad
Pynzo  Offline OP
Drugs are bad

Philadelphia PA
Hello ECS and welcome to the discussion. I am still wanting to order from you as I do want a better carpet. I believe rolling a carpet up would totally damage the 4speed hump and with it exposed want the cleanest crispest fit available. A console hides it all but my bench seat interior will leave it exposed. Can you supply me with a swatch of Dark Blue and Shade 13? They appear close to what I need.
Thanks and sorry for opening up your business to any bashing, I asked for opinions on color codes. What followed was not my choice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3