03/29/14 09:21 PM
in a chair
mopartony Offline OP
master
mopartony  Offline OP
master

in a chair
Who has used the Super Jax?

I have crewed on teams with the Pro-Jacks, nice piece but a touch on the high price side. 3k-3200.

The Super Jacks look to be basically the same thing but in the $2100 range.

Guys looking for pluses and minuses of both.

Re: Pro Jack vs Super Jax [Re: mopartony] #1600280
03/29/14 11:24 PM
03/29/14 11:24 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
projacks are the original and is the inventor
pro jacks are light and made to the original standard
projacks are chrome so they look nice to

the rest are copies.

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: Pro Jack vs Super Jax [Re: bigtimeauto] #1600281
03/31/14 11:32 AM
03/31/14 11:32 AM
Stuttgart, Arkansas
rickseeman Offline
master
rickseeman  Offline
master

Stuttgart, Arkansas
What is the website for the Super Jax? I buddy of mine wants some jacks.

2011 Drag Pak Challenger
Re: Pro Jack vs Super Jax [Re: rickseeman] #1600282
03/31/14 01:39 PM
03/31/14 01:39 PM
in a chair
mopartony Offline OP
master
mopartony  Offline OP
master

in a chair
http://www.davidlemmond.com/superjax.html

they look pretty good lift a little higher too.

Re: Pro Jack vs Super Jax [Re: mopartony] #1600283
04/07/14 05:36 PM
04/07/14 05:36 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Davids shop is 30min from me. We use the Super Jax. They are heavier tubing and built for heavier cars than Pro Jacks. As far as being a copy......so what. A hydraulic scissor jack is a hydraulic scissor jack. Hard to reinvent that. But if you want to get to brass tacks, the Super Jax are NOT direct copies of pro jacks and they are a little higher lift height. Not chrome, but they are powder coated.

Monte

Re: Pro Jack vs Super Jax [Re: Monte_Smith] #1600284
04/08/14 11:33 AM
04/08/14 11:33 AM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

Davids shop is 30min from me. We use the Super Jax. They are heavier tubing and built for heavier cars than Pro Jacks. As far as being a copy......so what. A hydraulic scissor jack is a hydraulic scissor jack. Hard to reinvent that. But if you want to get to brass tacks, the Super Jax are NOT direct copies of pro jacks and they are a little higher lift height. Not chrome, but they are powder coated.

Monte

I have a set of ProJacks for the trailer and a knock off set in the garage. There is no comparison in quality. The knock-offs aren't Super Jax to be fair.

Re: Pro Jack vs Super Jax [Re: BobR] #1600285
04/08/14 03:21 PM
04/08/14 03:21 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

I have a set of ProJacks for the trailer and a knock off set in the garage. There is no comparison in quality. The knock-offs aren't Super Jax to be fair.

Well, I don't know what you have Bob, but like I said, we have Super Jax. They pick up the car, are a little higher and are just as well made as the Pro Jacks. Are they chrome...no. Are they heavier than Pro Jacks....yes. But that is because they were designed to lift 3000lb radial cars, not Pro Stockers.

Super Jax are made from CNC cut chromoly tubing, have high grade heim ends, quality hydraulics, powder coated and the nicest tig welding you will ever see.

Monte

Re: Pro Jack vs Super Jax [Re: Monte_Smith] #1600286
04/08/14 03:26 PM
04/08/14 03:26 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Well, I don't know what you have Bob, but like I said, we have Super Jax. They pick up the car, are a little higher and are just as well made as the Pro Jacks. Are they chrome...no. Are they heavier than Pro Jacks....yes. But that is because they were designed to lift 3000lb radial cars, not Pro Stockers.

Super Jax are made from CNC cut chromoly tubing, have high grade heim ends, quality hydraulics, powder coated and the nicest tig welding you will ever see.

Monte

If we ever need another set I will look at Super Jax on your recommendation.

Re: Pro Jack vs Super Jax [Re: BobR] #1600287
04/11/14 12:00 AM
04/11/14 12:00 AM
Lehigh Acres, Florida
rickstershemi Offline
master
rickstershemi  Offline
master

Lehigh Acres, Florida
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Monte

If we ever need another set I will look at Super Jax on your recommendation.

Bought my S-Jacks through Monte....ordered mine powder-coated......three years later sold them for damn near what I paid for them new.....quality pieces for sure

Rickster