Crybaby440
slippery440  Offline
Crybaby440

Central New York
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

All this is why....this is MOPARTS.,

Is 75.00 really that much to a bunch of grown men???

Josh, do me a favor...KEEP MY $75.00 as a donation, this way you can afford to keep putting on these races. You have given me enough already in memories, and a little prize money here and there, at least paid my fuel and expenses. Are all these guys "professional" racers??? Im just as broke and down on money as anyone else on here....
Give me a damn break,

AND even IF josh pocketed 20 or 30k per race,,,,WHY SHOULDNT HE ???
Its a LOT of time, and energy on his part to make it happen , as im sure any promoter.

You all (guys that are comlaining) should think about what is more important to you,,,,Mopar races or 75.00

Rant over

signed TONY RUSSO

AND Theres the nut huggers to the rescue. Someone takes 10 bucks from someone thats stealing.Go back and hang out on the other web site if you don't like the moparts people.

nuthugger? all I will say is this....
its hard for you or anyone else to understand, because you don't show up to these races...

I stoped drinking the kool aid three years ago when he treated the bracket racer like a deformed human. Then two years ago he was called on a bad debt from a sponsor from the year before rain out. Can you not see a pattern?

If the MODS did their job I would not be hitting the notify MOD button. LOL
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: old yeller] #1589561
03/13/14 09:22 PM
03/13/14 09:22 PM
Smyrna, South Carolina
STEFF Offline
master
STEFF  Offline
master

Smyrna, South Carolina
The way I always saw it was, going to a race was a social event and the racing was a bonus. I never looked as though if it rained out I was owed something. Its the risk you take. Win some, loose some.

I think the easiest resolution for Josh is to either institute a no refunds policy from here on out, or look into a rain out insurance policy. The dude from Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis takes out a rain out insurance policy to cover lost revenue during Sturgis Bike Week.

See you at Norwalk Josh!

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: STEFF] #1589562
03/13/14 09:37 PM
03/13/14 09:37 PM
On the parachute mount
N
n20mstr Offline
master
n20mstr  Offline
master
N

On the parachute mount
Quote:

The way I always saw it was, going to a race was a social event and the racing was a bonus. I never looked as though if it rained out I was owed something. Its the risk you take. Win some, loose some.

I think the easiest resolution for Josh is to either institute a no refunds policy from here on out, or look into a rain out insurance policy. The dude from Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis takes out a rain out insurance policy to cover lost revenue during Sturgis Bike Week.

See you at Norwalk Josh!

Exactly, and what some feel to see, is that if Josh gave out free entry. He would have to make up for his loss with higher entry fees at the next race. No business just accepts a loss, they increase prices to cover "expenses"

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: ro23car] #1589563
03/13/14 09:39 PM
03/13/14 09:39 PM
Michigan
S
Super Scamp Offline
mopar
Super Scamp  Offline
mopar
S

Michigan
Quote:

Quote:

Nope you hit the wrong one. You were talking to yourself instead of airwoofer. What the heck is an airwoofer?

@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#$YUYT%^&*&^%^&* buttons. airwoofer= high speed window fan?

Bill, glad you can still see the buttons.

Just One Man's Opinion Mopar Mafia Racing
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: STEFF] #1589564
03/13/14 09:47 PM
03/13/14 09:47 PM
Mi.
G-Money1320 Offline
top fuel
G-Money1320  Offline
top fuel

Mi.
The OP asked what was going to be the state of the Norwalk event and it went off on a road of serious questions of the $75 entry fee for the Indy event that got rained out. Everyone who attented were apparently told the tech cards would be held until next years event and they would recieve free entry from Josh. Now theres no Indy so no money/free entry,sad. You want to compare apples to apples, when Martin was cancelled cause of rain a few years ago Charlie B. gave everyone who attended a discounted rate for Norwalk-no bs of it being a different track just tried to rectify it somehow. Was there issues with that?? of course, like keeping everyones spectator fees but at least there was a discount,was everybody happy?? no and not going to be. You guys who keep saying that people are whining about the $75 obviously have it to burn and like I said before good for you but dont put everyone else in your world unless you can pay for them too! There was never a complaint from anyone about how much it was, you guys donating it made that part up. BTW do I want Josh or any event to fail? of course not, we need as many events as possible for everyone to enjoy.Just need to have clarification and good communications as to what the game plans are and what the rules are!! Not answers after the races are over.Gotta go, heard there was a cool-aid drinking contest

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: STEFF] #1589565
03/13/14 10:48 PM
03/13/14 10:48 PM
COLUMBUS, OH
W
Whompin_Wedge Offline
mopar
Whompin_Wedge  Offline
mopar
W

COLUMBUS, OH
Quote:

See you at Norwalk Josh!

Well said.

Casey

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: G-Money1320] #1589566
03/13/14 11:14 PM
03/13/14 11:14 PM
mi usa
O
old yeller Offline
super stock
old yeller  Offline
super stock
O

mi usa
On a serious note...I can understand some of your people's complaints....$75.00 is still $75.00...From a Heads up Racer,$75.00 ain't chit....to a BRKT racer $75.00 is alot,@ the time josh did say he was giveing out rain checks(for next years indy event)....Did he know that their was not going to be a indy event the next year(i don't think so)and if he did...then shame on him,I've known josh since he was a kid....HE CARES ABOUT MOPARS AND PEOPLE...and yes he tends to support the heads up racer's...but he also does the same for the brkt guys and the show car folks...the only diff is heads up racers don't cry as much..and WE GET TREATED LIKE CHIT @ his EVENTS...CAUSE YOU FOLKS COME FIRST....Last year i got so sick and tired of waiting around for you folks to get done racing so we could make a pass(thats why i wont be racing at any josh's events this year)my time is just as imporant as you brkt racer's....but you brkt racer's seem to be the biggest cry baby's out there...and to the people that [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] about josh and have never supported him at any of his events....You have no dog in this fight...Your just hater's with a opinion and opinions are like ass holes everybody got one...but you guys didn't spend the money to hate on josh...and YOU know who you are

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: old yeller] #1589567
03/13/14 11:23 PM
03/13/14 11:23 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
I'm going to have a couple of shots of Fireball whiskey and reread this later to see if it makes more sense. I'm just glad I have a Mopar race in my backyard again. Thanks AJ and Bob.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: old yeller] #1589568
03/13/14 11:45 PM
03/13/14 11:45 PM
On the parachute mount
N
n20mstr Offline
master
n20mstr  Offline
master
N

On the parachute mount
Quote:

On a serious note...I can understand some of your people's complaints....$75.00 is still $75.00...From a Heads up Racer,$75.00 ain't chit....to a BRKT racer $75.00 is alot,@ the time josh did say he was giveing out rain checks(for next years indy event)....Did he know that their was not going to be a indy event the next year(i don't think so)and if he did...then shame on him,I've known josh since he was a kid....HE CARES ABOUT MOPARS AND PEOPLE...and yes he tends to support the heads up racer's...but he also does the same for the brkt guys and the show car folks...the only diff is heads up racers don't cry as much..and WE GET TREATED LIKE CHIT @ his EVENTS...CAUSE YOU FOLKS COME FIRST....Last year i got so sick and tired of waiting around for you folks to get done racing so we could make a pass(thats why i wont be racing at any josh's events this year)my time is just as imporant as you brkt racer's....but you brkt racer's seem to be the biggest cry baby's out there...and to the people that [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] about josh and have never supported him at any of his events....You have no dog in this fight...Your just hater's with a opinion and opinions are like ass holes everybody got one...but you guys didn't spend the money to hate on josh...and YOU know who you are

Isn't tonight Thursday ? Your not drunk ? Good post ! Lol

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: old yeller] #1589569
03/13/14 11:47 PM
03/13/14 11:47 PM
MI, usa
dvw Offline OP
master
dvw  Offline OP
master

MI, usa
Well now that I've had my post go for quite some time, here's what I've learned.
#1 There will be a Norwalk Race.
#2 Even though there is a Kil-Kare race we don't know the entry or payout.
#3 Those who supported last years Indy race will help support this years series by being financial sponsors.
#4 $75 is a drop in the bucket
#5 If you sit at Kil-Kare or Norwalk during a rain out you are not "entitled" to anything but a good time drinking with your buddy"s.
#6 searching both Fast Mopar and Monster Mopar sites reveal no pertantent information to either race.
Armed with this information I can now make informed choices when setting up my racing schedule.
My racing carrier has spanned better than 25 years. I've been through many rain outs. This is the first and only time that I haven't either received a rain check, cash back, drawing time cards, practice tree race or an additional purse.

Doug
2014 Monster Mopar associate sponsor

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: B3422W5] #1589570
03/13/14 11:48 PM
03/13/14 11:48 PM
Pittsburgh PA
Eric Offline
top fuel
Eric  Offline
top fuel

Pittsburgh PA
I will just say I have never raced a race where if there was a rain out I was not refunded or given a rain check. I realize it takes a lot of dedication to run a race like this and the weather is a huge factor....but...it's a feast or famine business. You are not the only person with a loss on a rain out. Consider the fuel and other costs the racer incurs traveling to a race like yours. I have said my peace....now I will decide if I will attend or pass. Good luck with your endeavors either way

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: Eric] #1589571
03/13/14 11:58 PM
03/13/14 11:58 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
In 38 plus years of racing I've drawn cards for a winner, been handed a rain check, cash, and had money rolled over into the next days race. But never ever has anybody ever blown smoke down my back and said poop happens. Thanks for coming.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: STEFF] #1589572
03/14/14 12:06 AM
03/14/14 12:06 AM
OHIO THE HEART OF IT ALL
64hemi330sedan Offline
super stock
64hemi330sedan  Offline
super stock

OHIO THE HEART OF IT ALL
Quote:

See you at Norwalk Josh!

lol! you must be one of those so called hobby racers like me that a couple of fellows were talking about earlier.

Last edited by 64hemi330sedan; 03/14/14 12:19 AM.
Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: Airwoofer] #1589573
03/14/14 12:34 AM
03/14/14 12:34 AM
Rudolph, Ohio
moparguy7074 Offline
top fuel
moparguy7074  Offline
top fuel

Rudolph, Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You guys want to hit a big payout bracket race? $50,000 to the winner for a Saturday race. That is for the pro tree. $10,000 to the RU and also $10,000 to the footbrake winner.

Come on down and git you some!

http://www.huntsvilledragway.com/images/Wow_Dragstrip_flyer.gif

Can the same car and driver run in both classes?

Why not? If you are serious I will ask around. It is my home track.

I am serious. My car will be ready by the end of this month.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: Eric] #1589574
03/14/14 10:19 AM
03/14/14 10:19 AM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
The answer maybe Josh needs to sell MMW to someone who can run it , return it to the event it was known for?

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: Eric] #1589575
03/14/14 10:46 AM
03/14/14 10:46 AM
Wi.
old_racer Offline
pro stock
old_racer  Offline
pro stock

Wi.
Quote:

I will just say I have never raced a race where if there was a rain out I was not refunded or given a rain check. I realize it takes a lot of dedication to run a race like this and the weather is a huge factor....but...it's a feast or famine business. You are not the only person with a loss on a rain out. Consider the fuel and other costs the racer incurs traveling to a race like yours. I have said my peace....now I will decide if I will attend or pass. Good luck with your endeavors either way

speaking of travel and cost we drove 8hr one way, I entered two classes, I know a couple of guys that entered 3, so now it's not $75 anymore it's like 1/2 the fuel cost home. I'm not going to see any return cause the new tracks are farther away still and that's ok. What would have made it better is hearing on the PA system "well guys we got rain today and I know you have some money in this so I'm going to raise tomorrow's payout to $2000 to win" (or whatever number). I think most everyone would have been saying boy that Josh is a stand up guy he's taking care of us. the biggest thing is that it would have been over that weekend, done deal like the outcome or not,move on to the next race. but that's all water under the bridge now.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: Eric] #1589576
03/14/14 11:01 AM
03/14/14 11:01 AM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Quote:

Well damn it let me get in my too!!!!

The way I look at these "Special events" is this is a track rental ---- Josh does NOT own the track and he has to pay for the weekend if he uses the facility or not. If he owned the track and could accomodate everyone some other weekend I'm sure he would but thats not the case. Look at it this way - you go rent a condo out on the beach for you and your wife/girlfriend to go have a fantastic weekend relaxing out on the beach. Then you wake up Saturday morning and out of no where comes a hurricain and you have to leave and not be able to go back through the weekend - do the people have to give you another weekend for FREE??? They are all booked up for the next 2 years and no weekends available. Do they have to refund your $$$ because of an act of god??? You rented a power washer for a weekend to wash down the house but the thunderstorms came and you could not get outside to safely wash down the house so does that mean you get free rental from Home Depot the next time you have the time to wash down your house??

You pay you take the chance to race (at these special events). I missed the first year the race was held at Indy because I decided not to make the trip because of the forecasted weather. Guess what they raced and I was at home... Then I went and it rained but again so what at least I was not sitting at home. If I was to worry about anything it would be why did I spend $500.00 or more in expenses to go to a race when I thought there would be a chance of a rain out. The entry fee is nothing compared to the expenses. Now I'm sure the payout $$$ could have been handled a different way and maybe next time it will be and if not oh well.

My only beefs are:
1. why is KK only an 1/8 mile race when I am pretty sure they can handle a 1/4 mile race.
2. Why did Bird not share any of his Jack with me

See ya at Norwalk for sure and KK to be determined

Russ

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: Super Scamp] #1589577
03/14/14 11:11 AM
03/14/14 11:11 AM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nope you hit the wrong one. You were talking to yourself instead of airwoofer. What the heck is an airwoofer?

@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#$YUYT%^&*&^%^&* buttons. airwoofer= high speed window fan?

Bill, glad you can still see the buttons.

im not that old yet.

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: dennismopar73] #1589578
03/14/14 11:17 AM
03/14/14 11:17 AM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

The answer maybe Josh needs to sell MMW to someone who can run it , return it to the event it was known for?

you mean like charlie,so he can cut the purses without notifing anyone?

Re: Norwalk Monster Mopar. does it exist?????????? [Re: max_maniac] #1589579
03/14/14 11:26 AM
03/14/14 11:26 AM
wisconsin
swifter Offline
enthusiast
swifter  Offline
enthusiast

wisconsin
After reading this thread in it's entirely I can see both sides of the issue some of you have with how these event's occurred and played out,I for one have been to three of these events on the "show" car side and now we are about to start on the racing side of things just purchasing a 67 dedicated strip car,The one thing a outsider takes from these threads is the response from the promoter and I have meet Josh personally at each event and talked with him,I own a small business here in Wis. and in these last 5 years of our nation's economy there has NEVER been a time such as this that the customer is KING,you simply have to appease the customer PERIOD.Guy's we are the CUSTOMER and his first couple responses kinda come off as because a complaint was raised he got entirely defensive in his comments which is HUMAN to do at a first reaction,I have probably watched most of you go down the track and we are lucky to have some of the most powerful and unique cars in the world!!!!!! As a business man I seek to improve my customer relations on a daily basis and I do make mistakes daily but we move forward and learn from it!!!! and I don't know if that's happening with these events,listen it will be the 7th (i think) event he has put on,By now it should be like a iron skillet and it seems it's NOT.These races SHOULD go on like clockwork by now and there not,So Josh you said NO ONE see's what goes on behind closed doors and your right we don't BUT!,It seems you need HELP so ask for HELP and GET help,The Mopar community has MORE than supported you from the start-DON'T LOSE A GOOD THING and don't take for granted that your pit's will be full just because,Most of us have treated you with dignity and respect and all we ask is the SAME.NOW get your ass in gear and get this promoted !!!!!!!! Steve (aka Swifter)

2007 Ram 2500 Cummins 2008 Dodge Nitro 1970 340 Valiant Duster
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12