02/25/14 03:41 AM
02/25/14 03:41 AM
White Creek, NY
408cuda Offline OP
mopar
408cuda  Offline OP
mopar

White Creek, NY
Street/strip Hemi in the 500" area with a street lobe roller. Stage V heads with std dimension Ferrea valves. So far the stage V stuff I have touched has been very nice and would think their rockers to be no different, especially with their heads but it seems to me the geometry with canted valves and fixed shafts could be a nightmare. I like that they are stainless as durability trumps every last HP on this build but I worry getting "ideal" geometry once could be tricky let alone again and again and again with various valves or valve jobs or whatever may come.
The Barton/TD setup looks killer and is not much more $ (It's quite INSANE what any rocker costs for a hemi) all things considered. The potential to get things spot on seems there along with being able to service an individual hole and not disturb head seal but I just don't get warm and fuzzy about alum rockers on a high rpm high spring psi street driven engine, even if it's T/D. I know guys run way more engine than I with them but I fear years down the road I'll manage to find their final cycle at the best possible time :roll eyes:

Would love to hear some real world experience on the matter.

Thanks
Chad

Re: Hemi rockers street/strip with a roller. StageV Barton? [Re: 408cuda] #1584046
02/25/14 12:59 PM
02/25/14 12:59 PM
Stuttgart, Arkansas
rickseeman Offline
master
rickseeman  Offline
master

Stuttgart, Arkansas
You will be happy with Stage V Rockers.

"it seems to me the geometry with canted valves and fixed shafts could be a nightmare"

It's worked fine for 50 years with cams of your lift.

2011 Drag Pak Challenger
Re: Hemi rockers street/strip with a roller. StageV Barton? [Re: rickseeman] #1584047
02/26/14 04:14 AM
02/26/14 04:14 AM
White Creek, NY
408cuda Offline OP
mopar
408cuda  Offline OP
mopar

White Creek, NY
I have no doubt stage v rockers will be "fine" hell wide pads would be fine but optimal and of ideal do vary from fine. Was just hoping to hear different experiences with getting the geometry right on with all there is to consider. Ill probably order the stage v's and see what it looks like and work from there. If it was a high rpm track only deal perhaps other options would make more sense.

Stuff I own Self promotion Things someone else said I claim as my own