11/02/13 12:42 PM
NM
74fish Offline
mopar
74fish  Offline
mopar

NM
Goes to show you that sometimes everything is not as it seems. I bought several items from U.S. Car Tool. Good parts great service but if the OP never brought this to our attention we would'nt have known. Has it happened before ? Don't know ... I'm surprised at what people will take as a loss because it becomes TOO much hassle to get your money back. This just makes it easier to let this happen again.
No matter what amount of money is due. HE IS DUE THE FULL AMOUNT!!! At the very least the customer deserves communication ..... especially on something like this.
The OP sounds like he has tried everything and U.S. Ccar Tool is trying to ignore. I applaud him for posting and putting up with all the hassle and scrutiny associated with going up against an established business. He did the right thing posting on here and wherever else he feels the need to. On something like this these forums (especially Moparts) are like having your day in court. Unfortunately US Car Tool hasn't shown up.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: BulletBob] #1525295
N.E. Ohio
K
KillerBee Offline
master
KillerBee  Offline
master
K

N.E. Ohio
Well I found a nice looking driveshaft loop for about $100 bucks LESS than US Tool is getting so now I can get the 2
I need for the price of 1, they have them for A body guys too. .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/B-Mopar-Drivesha...tr#ht_194wt_914

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #1525296
11/02/13 01:14 PM
11/02/13 01:14 PM
Back home in PA
B
BulletBob Offline
master
BulletBob  Offline
master
B

Back home in PA
Quote:

I wish everyone would do the right thing and let this go away, this is no good for anyone. BUT I know the original posters next step all I have to say is get the popcorn. John or Chris mail this guy a check and admit you made a mistake. And Chris and John were made aware of this thread the minute it went up by another poster.

Herb, I bet this won't go away until all the checks are written
All 49 of them

13K from 50 people is not a mistake
It is a felony when you don't provide service
Kinda like a ponzi scheme

Intentions may have been good when the money was received but refusal to answer phones & emails when business is conducted in this way is a blatant implication of intent to defraud

To advocate for one person to get his money back is wrong also ,it should be for all to get their money back.

All that I can see is that those who are in business with Us Car Tool will be hurt to a certain extent. (Guilt by association,birds of a feather)

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: BulletBob] #1525297
11/02/13 01:27 PM
11/02/13 01:27 PM
Downtown Roebuck Ont
Twostick Offline
Still wishing...
Twostick  Offline
Still wishing...

Downtown Roebuck Ont
There is an old saying in commerce: Equity compels performance.

Kevin

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: BulletBob] #1525298
11/02/13 01:36 PM
11/02/13 01:36 PM
New Castle, Indiana
H
held1823 Offline
mopar
held1823  Offline
mopar
H

New Castle, Indiana
this thread needs to be stickied until the vendor explains why this happened. it may be his sole transgression, but his silence is doing more harm to his reputation than the thread comments ever could.

ignoring it until it goes away is totally unacceptable, as removing it validates his actions.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: held1823] #1525299
11/02/13 01:46 PM
11/02/13 01:46 PM
Greenville Pa.
rdagw Offline
enthusiast
rdagw  Offline
enthusiast

Greenville Pa.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: rdagw] #1525300
11/02/13 02:23 PM
11/02/13 02:23 PM
Back home in PA
B
BulletBob Offline
master
BulletBob  Offline
master
B

Back home in PA
It needs to be stickied & copied/pasted on other Mopar sites
As another reply asked "how do we know this is the only incident" or something to that effect.
We don't but if others know what is going on then maybe we can find out

I've been lied to on delivery dates never ripped off by them
They're on the bottom of my vendor list because of this just like LMC

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: BulletBob] #1525301
11/02/13 03:23 PM
11/02/13 03:23 PM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
rrbrucea deleted all his comments? WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP. easy to tell who is spooning with the owner of US Car Tool. I despise any business taking money from hard working trusting people....and those who stick up for the criminal and marginalize the victim are no better.

Keep old mopars alive.
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: 2boltmain] #1525302
11/02/13 04:06 PM
11/02/13 04:06 PM
Nort Cackalacky
rrbrucea Offline
Member known as the "Artist"
rrbrucea  Offline

Nort Cackalacky
Quote:

rrbrucea deleted all his comments? WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP. easy to tell who is spooning with the owner of US Car Tool. I despise any business taking money from hard working trusting people....and those who stick up for the criminal and marginalize the victim are no better.

Alright, that's enough... For the record, the FIRST thing I did when I saw this post was email John and Chris:

"You guys might want to address this!
Bruce Oct 29 at 3:38 PM
To: john@uscartool.com chris@uscartool.com
[url=https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7904856&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD"]https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...gonew=1#UNREAD"[/url]

Notice the time there, 3:38. The moment I saw this... As Herb Jr. has mentioned, I was the poster who originally contacted John... Then I came on here at 3:42 PM (5 minutes later) and posted a statement about John, who I regard as a friend:

"John is good people and I can say without hesitation that my Road Runner would NOT be up and running without their help. They have never been anything but straight up, honest, and wonderful to deal with, often times going far above and beyond. I've always had good dealings with John and his crew!"

I did what I think a lot of you would do, speak well of a friend. Notice I did NOT call the OP a LIAR as I have since been accused of doing. Notice the FIRST thing I did was to email John in hopes (evidently a naive hope on my part) that he would address this issue and resolve it. As he SHOULD. Notice also there were several others who were HARDER on the OP than I was.

Since then I have been accused of 1) being a "fan boy", 2) being a "minion", and 3) "making further FALSE statements". Little wonder I got sick of being SEEN as John's mouthpiece. So yeah, when it became apparent to me that John was NOT going to address this issue as I hoped, in disgust, I deleted all my posts.

As for me being US Car Tool's graphics guy, as has been implied, I guess you could say that, but it makes it sound like I WORK for Car Tool. I do not. I have a regular job as art director for a direct mail company. I have a side business that many of you are probably familiar with and do freelance graphic design and automotive art. That side business accounts for probably 10% of my income and Car Tool may account for 10% of that 10%. Not a LARGE amount, but yes, that's my "business connection" with Car Tool other than considering John a friend.

As for making further "false statements", I can only assume what was being referred to was Herb McCandless Jr's firing by John. I did NOT make a false statement there and if you read what Herb Jr. himself posted he confirmed that I did NOT make a false statement. He said he had contacted John 10/24 about a meeting on Sunday 10/27 but did NOT disclose to John what the meeting was going to be about. John terminated his employ on 10/25 in conjunction with the termination of another employee. My understanding is that those two terminations were related. And it was NOT related to the issue the OP raised although that WAS AMONG the issues Herb Jr. wanted to discuss. But the caveat there is I only have an OUTSIDERS understanding of the terminations.

So, I am probably MORE disappointed than ANY on here that John has not resolved this issue, and I am DISGUSTED that I get tarred with the same brush. But it is what it is. I am fully aware that this is a NO WIN situation for me. I'll be lambasted now here regardless.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: rrbrucea] #1525303
11/02/13 04:25 PM
11/02/13 04:25 PM
Holland MI Ottawa
2boltmain Offline
master
2boltmain  Offline
master

Holland MI Ottawa
rrbrucea you could have and should have voiced your opinion in a manner that did not marginalize or call into question the integrity of the OPs claim. Its an incredibly helpless feeling being the little guy getting screwed by a business.In this case the business had a great rep for selling great products. Sometimes a business will choose to just brush off a customer (in this case not refund them) because these 1 2 or 3 unhappy customers will not hurt their bottom line. Some companies- even a small ones have the resources legally to screw over the working man should things go to court. The way you went to bat for US Car Tool just screamed "I don't give a crap about you wanting your hard earned money back"

Ive been a customer who was 100% in the right but brushed off by a business. Its a negative angering experience.

Keep old mopars alive.
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: 2boltmain] #1525304
11/02/13 04:33 PM
11/02/13 04:33 PM
Nort Cackalacky
rrbrucea Offline
rrbrucea  Offline

Nort Cackalacky
Quote:

The way you went to bat for US Car Tool just screamed "I don't give a crap about you wanting your hard earned money back"

I can see why you might respond that way, but NO, that is NOT true. I first contacted Car Tool in the belief that John would do the right thing. You have to understand the sum of my experiences with John to know why I would expect a different reaction than what we've seen.

But you can believe what you like. We have ALL been in the OP's shoes, myself included.

Secondly, if I ever encounter a complaint with a customer in my own business the FIRST words out of my mouth are: "would you like a refund?"

But as I said, I know this is a no win for me, and it is what it is...

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: rrbrucea] #1525305
11/02/13 04:36 PM
11/02/13 04:36 PM
Torrance, Ca
F
Fig Offline
Fig  Offline
F

Torrance, Ca
Quote:

Quote:

Alright, that's enough... For the record, the FIRST thing I did when I saw this post was email John and Chris:

"You guys might want to address this!
Bruce Oct 29 at 3:38 PM
To: john@uscartool.com chris@uscartool.com
[url=https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7904856&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD"]https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...gonew=1#UNREAD"[/url]

Notice the time there, 3:38. The moment I saw this... As Herb Jr. has mentioned, I was the poster who originally contacted John... Then I came on here at 3:42 PM (5 minutes later) and posted a statement about John, who I regard as a friend:

"John is good people and I can say without hesitation that my Road Runner would NOT be up and running without their help. They have never been anything but straight up, honest, and wonderful to deal with, often times going far above and beyond. I've always had good dealings with John and his crew!"

I did what I think a lot of you would do, speak well of a friend. Notice I did NOT call the OP a LIAR as I have since been accused of doing. Notice the FIRST thing I did was to email John in hopes (evidently a naive hope on my part) that he would address this issue and resolve it. As he SHOULD. Notice also there were several others who were HARDER on the OP than I was.

Since then I have been accused of 1) being a "fan boy", 2) being a "minion", and 3) "making further FALSE statements". Little wonder I got sick of being SEEN as John's mouthpiece. So yeah, when it became apparent to me that John was NOT going to address this issue as I hoped, in disgust, I deleted all my posts.

As for me being US Car Tool's graphics guy, as has been implied, I guess you could say that, but it makes it sound like I WORK for Car Tool. I do not. I have a regular job as art director for a direct mail company. I have a side business that many of you are probably familiar with and do freelance graphic design and automotive art. That side business accounts for probably 10% of my income and Car Tool may account for 10% of that 10%. Not a LARGE amount, but yes, that's my "business connection" with Car Tool other than considering John a friend.

As for making further "false statements", I can only assume what was being referred to was Herb McCandless Jr's firing by John. I did NOT make a false statement there and if you read what Herb Jr. himself posted he confirmed that I did NOT make a false statement. He said he had contacted John 10/24 about a meeting on Sunday 10/27 but did NOT disclose to John what the meeting was going to be about. John terminated his employ on 10/25 in conjunction with the termination of another employee. My understanding is that those two terminations were related. And it was NOT related to the issue the OP raised although that WAS AMONG the issues Herb Jr. wanted to discuss. But the caveat there is I only have an OUTSIDERS understanding of the terminations.

So, I am probably MORE disappointed than ANY on here that John has not resolved this issue, and I am DISGUSTED that I get tarred with the same brush. But it is what it is. I am fully aware that this is a NO WIN situation for me. I'll be lambasted now here regardless.

Thanks for trying to help the original OP. Your post helps the OP, showing that John at U.S. Car Tool is dodging him. I hope he makes it right. It sucks when there are so few Mopar vendors, (and he has always been highly regarded) and we may lose one for fear of getting screwed.

1937 Plymouth R/S Coupe
440/727
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: 2boltmain] #1525306
11/02/13 04:58 PM
11/02/13 04:58 PM
Back home in PA
B
BulletBob Offline
master
BulletBob  Offline
master
B

Back home in PA
When you question a man's integrity you are basically calling him a liar
That's what you & others did.
Just because you didn't use the word doesn't mean that it wasn't implied

I'm well educated & the replies that you made put you in the shoes of the names you were called

If John is such a good friend to you then maybe he will listen to you on this subject that you inserted yourself into & figured out that you were wrong

Why don't you admit it instead of trying to attack those who called you out for it.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: BulletBob] #1525307
11/02/13 05:32 PM
11/02/13 05:32 PM
Nort Cackalacky
rrbrucea Offline
rrbrucea  Offline

Nort Cackalacky
It may be consolation to some to know that there will likely be financial consequences for me in this. I'm one of the few that is true for here... consider that as well.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: rrbrucea] #1525308
11/02/13 05:46 PM
11/02/13 05:46 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

It may be consolation to some to know that there will likely be financial consequences for me in this. I'm one of the few that is true for here... consider that as well.

It's 1%. So sorry for your loss.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: rrbrucea] #1525309
11/02/13 05:48 PM
11/02/13 05:48 PM
Back home in PA
B
BulletBob Offline
master
BulletBob  Offline
master
B

Back home in PA
I respect you & believe that you are here for the truth & well being of the hobby
I myself have been guilty of standing up for someone only to be wrong

I don't like to see anyone lose $$$$ but if you stand up for what is right then your not losing because you will gain more in the end just by doing right

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: SomeCarGuy] #1525310
11/02/13 05:55 PM
11/02/13 05:55 PM
Nort Cackalacky
rrbrucea Offline
rrbrucea  Offline

Nort Cackalacky
Quote:

Quote:

It's 1%. So sorry for your loss.

NOT asking for sympathy. It is what it is.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: SomeCarGuy] #1525311
11/02/13 06:16 PM
11/02/13 06:16 PM
Fitchburg,Massachusetts
MPerry Offline
Mopahts memba'
MPerry  Offline
Mopahts memba'

Fitchburg,Massachusetts
Sounds to me like a good business made a bad decision and needs to fix it.
I'm not sure what good pig piling on the friend that stuck up for him will do.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: MPerry] #1525312
11/02/13 06:18 PM
11/02/13 06:18 PM
Nort Cackalacky
rrbrucea Offline
rrbrucea  Offline

Nort Cackalacky
Quote:

Sounds to me like a good business made a bad decision and needs to fix it.
I'm not sure what good pig piling on the friend that stuck up for him will do.

Thank you!

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17