silverfish Offline
super stock
silverfish  Offline
super stock

Oklahoma
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would also like a single person to point out how the 10.5 cars or any other class is treated any differently that the next?

Anyone?

If anything were treated like chit We always seemed to get bounced around the line up...myself I have better things to do than sit around 6 hours to make one pass...So this event will be my last MMW event....

Well that works out best for the track clean up crew.

Lol.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: silverfish] #1503640
09/18/13 11:19 PM
09/18/13 11:19 PM
St. Louis Mo.
10 o to go Offline
"Happy Don"
10 o to go  Offline
"Happy Don"

St. Louis Mo.
I believe their was a early post in the spring time about how the payouts and points series were going to work . Unfortnutlly not one event was completely finished .Unless Norwalk finished with 2 S/P left when it started to sprinkle Sun evening .
More race cars more track time .

Giving two time runs Sat was great if we had half of the cars but pro alone had around 160 S/P around 90 ,Sportsman 60 plus .10.5 ?? quik car ??
I do know the 10.0 class had like 50 cars and some running 10.50s
Thanks to John CRT for sponsoring ,but I believe changes in that class need to be made .It was a free time run to all door cars with a CRT sticker.
Small entry fee for those serious and up the purse .JMO
1 time run on Sat and buybacks
1 time run on Sun and buybacks .Not a eleminations rd then buyback

Track crew did a great job trying Friday Sat to get track prepped but we hear about snow and rain affected by lake effects.

Communication could improve with facebook ,website ,.
Hope to see a Third event 2014 .

2009 418" build dan smith built new 9.96 131.82 6.23 108 1.30 60 foot best to date 9/15/09 8in 727 430 dana 2860 lb 3040 lb w driver
Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: 10 o to go] #1503641
09/19/13 12:11 AM
09/19/13 12:11 AM
Toledo, Ohio
J
Jeepster363G Offline
Jeepster363G  Offline
J

Toledo, Ohio
Why would you need a time run on Sunday? I rolled in Sunday morning and went a few rounds with no time runs. Should have a grasp by then.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: Jeepster363G] #1503642
09/20/13 04:37 PM
09/20/13 04:37 PM
DERRY,NH
U
UNDERDOGG Offline
UNDERDOGG  Offline
U

DERRY,NH
I would like to see a A/M (ALL MOTOR) heads up class with no wheelie bars. Just like they have at Milan Mi.No power adders,no electronics.
This would be a excellant class to have.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: UNDERDOGG] #1503643
09/20/13 07:05 PM
09/20/13 07:05 PM
COLUMBUS, OH
W
Whompin_Wedge Offline
mopar
Whompin_Wedge  Offline
mopar
W

COLUMBUS, OH
Quote:

I would like to see a A/M (ALL MOTOR) heads up class with no wheelie bars. Just like they have at Milan Mi.No power adders,no electronics.

9 times out of 10 those classes come down to who has the most money... The 10.5 show they have now is fairly equal which is nice.

Casey

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: Whompin_Wedge] #1503644
09/20/13 08:53 PM
09/20/13 08:53 PM
Caledonia, Ohio
B
BigDog68Dart Offline
super stock
BigDog68Dart  Offline
super stock
B

Caledonia, Ohio
another class to extend the program? lets get to the real question, will I get my 3 dollar shipping and handling fee back next year for the pre-registration entry that everyone picked up at track? cost more to pre enter ?

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: BigDog68Dart] #1503645
09/20/13 11:07 PM
09/20/13 11:07 PM
ill
D
dennismopar73 Offline
top fuel
dennismopar73  Offline
top fuel
D

ill
7 classes is enough,! Then add the 10,5 cars more than enough when you have over 500 cars ,some are doubled, up, makes for alot to get down a track on great days!
The issues that have been brought up, have been addressed, , Josh has said and did what needed to be addressed, one will see if the next event at Indy how the changes work!
As for going to some type of smaller track, to make more money fine , but once you go to a lesser track, then the lesser racers you will attract along with size of such a show!
jmo ,,,, but ,,, if over 500 race cars , double enteries, buy backs, over 130 show cars, spectators, vendors, swap meet spaces , if you don't make money at that, you never will! jmo!

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: UNDERDOGG] #1503646
09/21/13 08:18 AM
09/21/13 08:18 AM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
Quote:

What car do you race that you would be bringing?

Why couldn't you run it in the X10.5 class now?

Milans rules allow wheelie bars.

BB, TT5,Procharged 3300lb Street Car 4.79/154
Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: bigtimeauto] #1503647
09/21/13 09:29 AM
09/21/13 09:29 AM
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
After reading all the posts on this site this is all I have to say.I have been racing for 20 + years and all the promoted shows ran just fine until the internet and forums reared there ugly head. We never Pi$$ed and moaned about anything we just raced and had a good time and with any luck we collected are money. Make no mistake the internet has done more harm than good when it comes to good manners and respectful conversation. Most people on the net are Keyboard tough guys because the other person they are running there mouth to is not within swinging distance.

Back in the day everything was printed on glossy paper and there was no argument about entry, purse or parking because it was printed on black and white, there was no "well that web site was wrong and this web site is correct". The internet is a sucky pic of crap that has ruined everything including drag racing.All it is is people posting dirty pics and being a$$holes to each other.

Texting sucks also all its good for is getting people killed because of texting and driving."texting is cool because when I want something from someone I don't have to talk to them". If I have herd that once I have herd that a thousand times and its pathetic. Its unbelievable to be how good we have it and all anyone does is [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] about it on the @!@@ing internet. Get your heads out of your a$$es.

I got to go I'm going to call my friends and ask how they are doing.

God made cold beer,good friends,hot ladies and race cars don't spit in his face by pi$$ing and moaning about how life sucks!!!
Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: julian2007] #1503648
09/21/13 11:12 AM
09/21/13 11:12 AM
SW Ohio
C
cgall Offline
top fuel
cgall  Offline
top fuel
C

SW Ohio
Bruce, I have been racing for 39 years and long before the internet and cell phones were invented there were race promoters short-changing racers at the payout window. I remember in the late 90's I lost in the semi's at Edgewater, went to the window and got my $100, the guy that beat me won the final and came over and started arguing with lady that still works there. He was supposed to get $600 but she gave him $400, said we didn't have enough cars to pay the full purse. She did not know how many cars there were nor did she know how many it took to make the full pay. Needless to say, I didn't go back there for about 5 years. The internet and cell phones today are not to blame for shady race management, they are tools that allow us to get the word around more quickly.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: cgall] #1503649
09/21/13 11:58 AM
09/21/13 11:58 AM
Oklahoma
silverfish Offline
super stock
silverfish  Offline
super stock

Oklahoma
Good lord is this thread still going? It's over, it's done, history. Move on people. The world isn't perfect, people aren't perfect, and mistakes are made sometimes. Drop it. If you don't agree then see my first post in this thread and fill out the form

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: cgall] #1503650
09/21/13 12:01 PM
09/21/13 12:01 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
At least my local track post's the payout on their web site and how many cars it's takes to get it.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.
Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: silverfish] #1503651
09/21/13 12:35 PM
09/21/13 12:35 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Offline
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Offline
I Live Here

A Red State
Quote:

Good lord is this thread still going? It's over, it's done, history. Move on people. The world isn't perfect, people aren't perfect, and mistakes are made sometimes. Drop it. If you don't agree then see my first post in this thread and fill out the form

Just asking, is there some reason that you are allowed to state your opinion on the subject but anyone else who feels they have a complaint is essentially being called a whiner by you?

Your replies like this are a prime example of what Bob George is talking about when he said:

Quote:

They biggest issue we see on this site and others is when someone brings a concern or question up it is not addressed but attacked by others that have nothing to contribute in the way of an answer,explanation or resolution but just want to .
We see many viable concerns and questions go unanswered but not unchallenged,usually the challenger has a different agenda or just trying to feel important,it's not working guys.I see many topics on post that I disagree with but I hold back commenting unless I can contribute in a positive manner.
People tend to take things personal or bring their own personal issues into a discussion and forget the original question or concerns.Once it gets to that level all viable meaning is lost and someone makes an azz of themselves.

These days people are going to vent online on forums like this. That's the way things are now.

I couldn't afford to go to either Monster Mopar event this year. The money just wasn't there to make the trips.

Hopefully next year will be better, it looks like it should be.

Hopefully Josh has all the bugs worked out for next year and is able to address peoples concerns.

There will always be someone who's going to complain, all you can do is try to eliminate the possible reasons.
Communication is the key.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: SNK-EYZ] #1503652
09/21/13 02:06 PM
09/21/13 02:06 PM
Oklahoma
silverfish Offline
super stock
silverfish  Offline
super stock

Oklahoma
Quote:

Quote:

Just asking, is there some reason that you are allowed to state your opinion on the subject but anyone else who feels they have a complaint is essentially being called a whiner by you?

Your replies like this are a prime example of what Bob George is talking about when he said:

Quote:

They biggest issue we see on this site and others is when someone brings a concern or question up it is not addressed but attacked by others that have nothing to contribute in the way of an answer,explanation or resolution but just want to .
We see many viable concerns and questions go unanswered but not unchallenged,usually the challenger has a different agenda or just trying to feel important,it's not working guys.I see many topics on post that I disagree with but I hold back commenting unless I can contribute in a positive manner.
People tend to take things personal or bring their own personal issues into a discussion and forget the original question or concerns.Once it gets to that level all viable meaning is lost and someone makes an azz of themselves.

These days people are going to vent online on forums like this. That's the way things are now.

I couldn't afford to go to either Monster Mopar event this year. The money just wasn't there to make the trips.

Hopefully next year will be better, it looks like it should be.

Hopefully Josh has all the bugs worked out for next year and is able to address peoples concerns.

There will always be someone who's going to complain, all you can do is try to eliminate the possible reasons.
Communication is the key.

Man I'm not trying to offend anyone I'm just trying to say let it go. There are more important things in this world to worry and complain about than this. Carrying on with it for a week is just ridiculous. My original post with the hurt feelings report was seriously meant as a joke. I never in my life thought a single person would take that personal and not see it as a joke. This last post that you quoted was just me voicing my opinion like everyone else. I think it's crazy that people are still complaining about something so trivial. I would race even if there was a zero payout. It's not about the money, it's about burning rubber, smelling the leaded gasoline, and going fast. It just seems people want to complain about every little thing anymore. Why not recognize how much effort and time Josh put into this event instead of finding the one little thing he did wrong and dwell on it

I didn't put the politically correct "lol" at the end of my last statement about filling out the form but I did put at the end of it so I assumed everyone would realize I was joking yet again and just trying to lighten the mood. You guys griping at me for doing stuff like this makes it seem like you are a teacher trying to keep the kids from having a good time lol. The overall mood in this whole forum is so serious it really bothers me. Chill out, enjoy life, laugh at things every once in a while.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: dartman366] #1503653
09/21/13 05:11 PM
09/21/13 05:11 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Get all the BS over with already.It has been clearly outlined what the questions and concerns were and they need to be addressed for future events before the event gets underway not after the fact.I commend Josh's apology and thank him for responding.Pittsburghracer,John made the statement that communication is important and I agree.I commented likewise and added in a timely fashion and most agreed.With the communications available(internet and otherwize)it's and easy problem to solve.But it also give a sounding board for many to express their opinions,weather they were part of the event or not. We have entertained both constructive comments,humorous comments and rediculous ones.That anyone can express their thoughts freely makes this country great.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: B G Racing] #1503654
09/21/13 05:49 PM
09/21/13 05:49 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
you guys keep bashing the guy who was willing to stick his neck and wallet out all you will be racing is brackets at your local track. The best part is most of the bashers didn't go yet feel the need to pass judgement.

I was there to support the race and I had a good time even though I broke my junk.

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: bigtimeauto] #1503655
09/21/13 06:05 PM
09/21/13 06:05 PM
New Smyrna Beach FL
S
scottb Offline
pro stock
scottb  Offline
pro stock
S

New Smyrna Beach FL
I will support Josh and his races. Are there growing pains yes they are but I would rather race the mopar races and the 10 shoot outs then bracket race at the local tracks .Josh keep up the good work and best of luck with your wifes health issues .Most people on here complaining would never think of putting on a race and deal with health issues at home .

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: bigtimeauto] #1503656
09/21/13 06:09 PM
09/21/13 06:09 PM
SouthEast Michigan
P
PETE@BESTMACHINE Offline
enthusiast
PETE@BESTMACHINE  Offline
enthusiast
P

SouthEast Michigan
Amen Bob!

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: bigtimeauto] #1503657
09/21/13 06:19 PM
09/21/13 06:19 PM
PA.
pittsburghracer Offline
"Little"John
pittsburghracer  Offline
"Little"John

PA.
Quote:

you guys keep bashing the guy who was willing to stick his neck and wallet out all you will be racing is brackets at your local track. The best part is most of the bashers didn't go yet feel the need to pass judgement.

I was there to support the race and I had a good time even though I broke my junk.

The small tire clique still doesn't get it. Josh dropped the ball taking 5 weeks letting the guys know how Indy's Saturday rain-out would be handled. This time he has a race and doesn't post what the payouts would be. I and several others asked what the payouts would be and received no answer so many assumed they would be the same as Indy's, but they weren't. I won't rehash the by-back issue as racers had a choice.
Remember you guys have what, 16 cars maximum per race in the small tire class. Now subtract BREAKAGE and you have maybe 10-13. 4 runs MAXIMUM to win the race. almost every round had singles so to win you had to beat 2-3 guys. How many rounds did no box have with buy backs?
COMMUNICATION is the key. Hopefully after a few failures at it Josh will learn. Remember Josh took over a VERY successful event so hopefully he learned something. His apology was a step in the right direction.
Josh has a lot of guys in his corner and many more hoping to hop in.
Maybe the entry in the small tire class needs raised or the payout needs lowered.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time

Re: The Official Monster Mopar Thread [Re: pittsburghracer] #1503658
09/21/13 07:10 PM
09/21/13 07:10 PM
Plymouth Meeting, PA
bigtimeauto Offline
Trophy Winner
bigtimeauto  Offline
Trophy Winner

Plymouth Meeting, PA
We don't get it??
How about you can race a pro car for the same payouts the x10.5

You can build a pro car for 10,000.00 and it costs me 100k

I'm not bitching about it, I'm not bitching that only 16 cars showed up, i'm not even bitching my car broke and i only made one pass,

PLEASE have a race and lets see what you pay and what cars show up.
and if you don't want to be a promoter build a X10.5 car cause i just read how easy it is to win that class

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5