05/22/13 07:31 AM
05/22/13 07:31 AM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
We would all like to see our classes pay the most. Since I've run PRO the last few years, your right it's a lot of rounds. Now that I'm back in N/SS the shoes on the other foot. I'd love to race for a $4000 win. The bottom line is if I wanted to make money I would have never even built my new car. Face it this is recreation/hobby for 99.9% of us. Lets have fun. I'll be there.
Doug

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: joshking440] #1439252
05/22/13 09:34 AM
05/22/13 09:34 AM
N.W. Indiana
DblOJoe Offline
mopar
DblOJoe  Offline
mopar

N.W. Indiana
I'm satisfied with the new payouts and I to am glad you did away with the free race deal.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: dvw] #1439253
05/22/13 09:38 AM
05/22/13 09:38 AM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Make it simple if the people with $7,500 cars think they have the Right to run for as much $$$ as the ones with a $75,000 car let them race against the $75,000 cars!Run one ET class,the ET equals all cars!If there is a Bracket are any other kind of Race where a $7,500 car can Race to Win as much as a $75,000 car I won't be there either and I try not to miss a Big $$$ race,If I'm not at your Big $$$ Bracket race its because someone else is paying more $$$ the same day,or to far to travel!

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: joshking440] #1439254
05/22/13 09:49 AM
05/22/13 09:49 AM
Central New York
slippery440 Offline
Crybaby440
slippery440  Offline
Crybaby440

Central New York
Quote:

The sponsor money that is brought in for a event like this wouldn't cover the cost of 2 classes of racing.

It's been that way since I started putting these shows on.

I don't know why. Maybe that's the question that should be asked.

Why don't the people we support as hobbyists support us?

I'm still waiting on sponsor money from every race I put on including the first one.

I would think that putting on the largest Mopar Drag Race in the country would make this a tin bit easier. But it's just not so.

As far as the payouts changing, like I said elsewhere.

I put on a free race on Saturday once, and people complained about a free race. I said I would never do that again. I also think that it costs the same amount of money for a guy with a 11 second car to go to the track as it does a 8 second guy. Gas is the same for everyone. So anyone that makes the trip should be rewarded the same. If one guy wants to bring his million dollar rig or his truck and open trailer they are treated fairly.

The guys who buy expensive stuff will say "ill just stay home and not use my toy if I'm not racing for a ton of cash"
Then the guy with the lower dollar operatio says "there is more of us than them, why should we get paid less".

Truth is out of 500 cars 10 will stay home because the top prize wasn't what they thought it should be. While 490 guys are happy to be there.

I guess I chose the easier battle.

Lets be honest 75 on 1500 is still a good bracket race an it pays back well and

WHY DO YOU DO IT???? Do you make a ton of money or sell a ton of parts?? If you do neither WHY DO YOU DO IT?? Its the old " I am the man that puts on a great mopar race and everyone hangs off my ??? and loves me" I will never go to a race that is only for one brand of car. The pay out sucks and they always kiss the guys that have garage kept race cars that are only raced at these events. If you have a bracket car you are treated like a stepchild with herpes. I can race local for more money and see more Mopars at the track that acually race every weekend and are not arorgant idiots with more money that god. Love Mopars but not most of the people.

If the MODS did their job I would not be hitting the notify MOD button. LOL
Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: slippery440] #1439255
05/22/13 10:09 AM
05/22/13 10:09 AM
Aurora, Oh.
M
max_maniac Offline
master
max_maniac  Offline
master
M

Aurora, Oh.
Love Mopars but not most of the people .

WT# -------------

Russ

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: slippery440] #1439256
05/22/13 03:06 PM
05/22/13 03:06 PM
Indy
J
joshking440 Offline OP
Lunch is on me!
joshking440  Offline OP
Lunch is on me!
J

Indy
WHY DO YOU DO IT???? Do you make a ton of money or sell a ton of parts?? If you do neither WHY DO YOU DO IT?? Its the old " I am the man that puts on a great mopar race and everyone hangs off my ??? and loves me" I will never go to a race that is only for one brand of car. The pay out sucks and they always kiss the guys that have garage kept race cars that are only raced at these events. If you have a bracket car you are treated like a stepchild with herpes. I can race local for more money and see more Mopars at the track that acually race every weekend and are not arorgant idiots with more money that god. Love Mopars but not most of the people.

I do it because I felt like if I didnt, then no one else would.

I dont sell parts, what parts would I have to sell??? I dont make money, Im far from wealthy.

Im 33 Years old and I am watching the Mopar hobby die. The other races that are mopar only have declined every year since I was old enough to start going to them. That is my only reason for doing these. I have no need for people to swing off my nuts as you mentioned.

I simply felt like if we lost another race/races than where would the vendors sell parts that support this sport.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: joshking440] #1439257
05/22/13 03:09 PM
05/22/13 03:09 PM
Renton Washington
T
Triple Threat Offline
master
Triple Threat  Offline
master
T

Renton Washington
Thank you for what you do for the hobby Josh. As another young guy in this arena it is appreciated, and I think you know that.

I wish I was closer to support your races.

-Dustin
67 Dart, 9 second, 392" G3 Hemi
68 Barracuda 340 F/SA
Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: Triple Threat] #1439258
05/22/13 04:27 PM
05/22/13 04:27 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Does any realize the risk and cost of these events.Just imagine what happens when there is a rainout,a bunch of oildowns and low turnouts.It all falls on the shoulders of the guy putting on the event.Some of these guys are not on our X-mas card list but as long as they have the events for us Mopar people we will attend and give our donations.We may even make a few bucks if we are lucky.Don't forget the exposure you get at these larger events when you do good.How much coverage in media do you get racing your local tracks?
If you like being a racer at local events that's great,but when at local events do you get to see so many of your favorite brand and get to rummage through venders,swap and car sale specific to Mopar.We certainly don't want any Mopar event go into the shitzer like what has happened to Super Chevy,Ford and other brands events that can't get cars as well as foot traffic.
If the promoters screw up I can understand why people get pissed and stay away.If they do their part and respect the attendees then we should do our part and support the events.If they are the cause we can only suggest our thoughts and opinions,if they don't respond the we all loose.
Respectfully Bob

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: B G Racing] #1439259
05/22/13 04:45 PM
05/22/13 04:45 PM
A Red State
SNK-EYZ Online tonguue
I Live Here
SNK-EYZ  Online Tonguue
I Live Here

A Red State
Quote:

Does any realize the risk and cost of these events.Just imagine what happens when there is a rainout,a bunch of oildowns and low turnouts.It all falls on the shoulders of the guy putting on the event.Some of these guys are not on our X-mas card list but as long as they have the events for us Mopar people we will attend and give our donations.We may even make a few bucks if we are lucky.Don't forget the exposure you get at these larger events when you do good.How much coverage in media do you get racing your local tracks?
If you like being a racer at local events that's great,but when at local events do you get to see so many of your favorite brand and get to rummage through venders,swap and car sale specific to Mopar.We certainly don't want any Mopar event go into the shitzer like what has happened to Super Chevy,Ford and other brands events that can't get cars as well as foot traffic.
If the promoters screw up I can understand why people get pissed and stay away.If they do their part and respect the attendees then we should do our part and support the events.If they are the cause we can only suggest our thoughts and opinions,if they don't respond the we all loose.
Respectfully Bob

This applies to all the "brand specific" shows/races.

I certainly wouldn't want the headaches of putting on an event.
Some people are always going to complain.
If you don't attend, whether it's because of payouts or other reasons don't complain when the the promoters don't have them anymore.

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol
Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: joshking440] #1439260
05/22/13 05:14 PM
05/22/13 05:14 PM
Central New York
slippery440 Offline
Crybaby440
slippery440  Offline
Crybaby440

Central New York
Quote:

I do it because I felt like if I didnt, then no one else would.

I dont sell parts, what parts would I have to sell??? I dont make money, Im far from wealthy.

Im 33 Years old and I am watching the Mopar hobby die. The other races that are mopar only have declined every year since I was old enough to start going to them. That is my only reason for doing these. I have no need for people to swing off my nuts as you mentioned.

I simply felt like if we lost another race/races than where would the vendors sell parts that support this sport.

AND WHO CARES???? 33 Years old and your worry about a hobby that WILL be gone.Mabe not in 10 years but I bet 20 years and that will be way after I die. So you sit and worry about mopar guys having a place to race their cars? Let me tell you a few things about mopar guys . They have the talk but not the walk. Most of the yes guys that are on here don't even have their junk together I would say 50%. Then 20% more just want to brag about what they have and never race and 10% more will race but you have to kiss their butts.Then there is the last 20% that race and race every chance they get. They are called bracket racers. You mostly ignor them but they pay your bills. Years ago you started small tire heads up races and they are going to be the hot number. Well what happened? The guys that have deep pockets ran all the low budgit guys away and most of the want to be's. All threw this us bracket slow guys are just filler and ignored. Like I said I would never spend a dime to go to a all mopar race. You do not have a big enough pay out to get me to drive 500 MILES plus a bunch because I live in N.Y.My local track pays 800 to 1000 dollars depends on car count but no less than 800 and a pay scale from 2 round winner.
Want to help the sport? Promote a race that all are welcome and the payout is written in stone for the S Pro and Pro and Street .The pay out has to be big enough to draw people from their local tracks.Have your heads up deal and if two cars show thats the pot.They will be pissed but its their fault that no one races their 50 thousand dollar car with out a garenteed pay out and even then only a handfull will show up.They want the bracket racers entries to pay their pay outs.

You say no one watches bracket races and you are right!! But every bracket racer will bring their family and friends. There is the money and the future. Those people could care less to see a small tire car spin and make all kinds of noise just to coast threw the lights.
Josh where is your car? You want to help the sport get your butt out there and go racing so those young kids see mopars not Hondas.Support a track near you.That will keep the sport alive and in turn keep the mopars alive.

If the MODS did their job I would not be hitting the notify MOD button. LOL
Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: slippery440] #1439261
05/22/13 07:07 PM
05/22/13 07:07 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
I guess I picked a Bad time to ask....but I was thing you worked at or for Indy.But if Indy has not started making their Mega blocks with the Big Cam bore it would help out a lot of us True Mopar racers.Being able to use the roller bearings is nice but the real need is having a bigger cam core when you go over a .475 lobe lift is very helpful.Going up to a 54mm camshaft allows you to increase the lobe life another .025-.030 and the valve train is as stable if not better than @ .475 which is about the max with the standard cam core.But with the machine work & LSM(the only one I know who makes a camshaft)its about a $1,000 up grade.If you are going to have a Fast Mopar Indy is it! I'll race them B1's and beat them!

7715494-mmp09.jpg.jpg (107 downloads)

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1439262
05/22/13 09:20 PM
05/22/13 09:20 PM
Indy
M
moparman89 Offline
moparman89  Offline
M

Indy
Quote:

I guess I picked a Bad time to ask....but I was thing you worked at or for Indy.But if Indy has not started making their Mega blocks with the Big Cam bore it would help out a lot of us True Mopar racers.Being able to use the roller bearings is nice but the real need is having a bigger cam core when you go over a .475 lobe lift is very helpful.Going up to a 54mm camshaft allows you to increase the lobe life another .025-.030 and the valve train is as stable if not better than @ .475 which is about the max with the standard cam core.But with the machine work & LSM(the only one I know who makes a camshaft)its about a $1,000 up grade.If you are going to have a Fast Mopar Indy is it! I'll race them B1's and beat them!

Indy has done several World blocks with a 55mm roller cam. I believe Comp can make you one also.

School of Automotive Machinists Racing
Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: moparman89] #1439263
05/22/13 09:47 PM
05/22/13 09:47 PM
Indy
J
joshking440 Offline OP
Lunch is on me!
joshking440  Offline OP
Lunch is on me!
J

Indy
Like stated above.

We have done numerous 55mm iron blocks both world and mega blocks.

Not to mention our aluminum block can be done the same way as well as 60 mm Babbitt and raised cam.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: joshking440] #1439264
05/22/13 10:10 PM
05/22/13 10:10 PM
New Lenox IL
cudadon Offline
top fuel
cudadon  Offline
top fuel

New Lenox IL
Josh thanks for all the effort you put into our hobby!
I couldnt make it last year, I hope to go yhis year.
I have never seen a promoter more interested in what the racers want,
Thanks for a job well done. Don

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: slippery440] #1439265
05/23/13 09:03 AM
05/23/13 09:03 AM
Missouri
68KillerBee Offline
master
68KillerBee  Offline
master

Missouri
Quote:

Josh where is your car? You want to help the sport get your butt out there and go racing so those young kids see mopars not Hondas.Support a track near you.That will keep the sport alive and in turn keep the mopars alive.

Do you think renting out a drag strip for a weekend isn't helping keep the racetrack alive?? REALLY?? The first year they had it in INDY I drove my car there and back while my dad trailered his car. Our "show" cars help pay the bill for the weekend too.
With your theory, if I drove around a Ferrari then all the kids would get one too because they see it... Mopars are NOT cheap by any means, especially when you're a younger person. It's hard not to just jump in a newer car with all the creature comforts as apposed to hopping in these old car with no air, manual steering, manual brakes, etc.
And BTW.....

7716057-MMW2011002.JPG (114 downloads)
Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: joshking440] #1439266
05/23/13 10:07 AM
05/23/13 10:07 AM
michigan
64ssmax Offline
enthusiast
64ssmax  Offline
enthusiast

michigan
Josh I must say thats a lot of money for 7 class's to pay out! Also Josh please keep in mind that most of these people complaining about payouts are the probably the same people that were complaining about the Chrysler Classic allowing anybrand cars to run in Pro and Super Pro on Saturdays events. You see where the Chrysler Classic Events are now!! Josh I hope you make a million dollars running your event!! You hang your balls on the line, you deserve it!!

Brian

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"
Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: 64ssmax] #1439267
05/23/13 10:55 AM
05/23/13 10:55 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
As we must be mindfull of the efforts and risk the promoters expose themselves to for these events,they must be mindfull and respectfull of the racers who travel at great risk and cost also.We have seen many events loose contracts with tracks and loose attendence because of their own actions.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1439268
05/23/13 11:42 AM
05/23/13 11:42 AM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
Quote:

Make it simple if the people with $7,500 cars think they have the Right to run for as much $$$ as the ones with a $75,000 car let them race against the $75,000 cars!Run one ET class,the ET equals all cars!If there is a Bracket are any other kind of Race where a $7,500 car can Race to Win as much as a $75,000 car I won't be there either and I try not to miss a Big $$$ race,If I'm not at your Big $$$ Bracket race its because someone else is paying more $$$ the same day,or to far to travel!

that has to be one of the most stupidest things ive read today.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: ro23car] #1439269
05/23/13 11:49 AM
05/23/13 11:49 AM
s e mich
ro23car Offline
super stock
ro23car  Offline
super stock

s e mich
hey all you guys that dont like the payouts go race blakenships ill pay you what i feel like paying you races. at least josh is giving a garunteed payout. ya cant spell garuntee lol.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. [Re: ro23car] #1439270
05/23/13 01:03 PM
05/23/13 01:03 PM
MD
Kevins493 Offline
top fuel
Kevins493  Offline
top fuel

MD
Quote:

Quote:

that has to be one of the most stupidest things ive read today.

The NSS series I run in has anything from relatively low buck mopars to six figure fords and no one seems to have a problem with it. And yes, the low-buck guys go a lot of rounds.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5