Moparts

Because some people think I cut payouts.

Posted By: joshking440

Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 04:14 AM

Here are some figures which can be found in another post.

7 classes

Jeff Allison Motorsports BigDog
McKernan & Boyd's King of the Street
Super Pro
Pro
A&A Transmissions NSS
HEMI S/S
Sportsman

Winner Saturday $1500
Runner Up Saturday $750
Semi Finalists Saturday $300 x 2 = 600
1/4's Saturday $120 x 4 = 480
1/8's Saturday $75 x 8 = 600

Winner Sunday $1500
Runner Up Sunday $750
Semi Finalists Sunday $300 x 2 = 600
1/4's Sunday $120 x 4 = 480
1/8's Sunday $75 x 8 = 600

That's $3,930 dollars in payout per class per day.

3,930 x 7 classes is....$27,510 x 2 races a weekend is $55,020 in racer payout for the weekend......

Just sayin
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 04:56 AM

Where's the FREE t-shirt??? Can I get stickers too??

Russ

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 04:57 AM

I'm not sending Jeff your parts now.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 05:03 AM

Quote:

Here are some figures which can be found in another post.

7 classes

Jeff Allison Motorsports BigDog
McKernan & Boyd's King of the Street
Super Pro
Pro
A&A Transmissions NSS
HEMI S/S
Sportsman

Winner Saturday $1500
Runner Up Saturday $750
Semi Finalists Saturday $300 x 2 = 600
1/4's Saturday $120 x 4 = 480
1/8's Saturday $75 x 8 = 600

Winner Sunday $1500
Runner Up Sunday $750
Semi Finalists Sunday $300 x 2 = 600
1/4's Sunday $120 x 4 = 480
1/8's Sunday $75 x 8 = 600

That's $3,930 dollars in payout per class per day.

3,930 x 7 classes is....$27,510 x 2 races a weekend is $55,020 in racer payout for the weekend......

Just sayin

You obviously havent been around Mopar people for an extended length of time.
They whine, complain, take monetary shortcuts building stuff, then whine and complain even more when it breaks.... Save your hair and don't pull any out. Now matter how cool you are( and your great people) all the above is generally true of most Mopar folk
I am probably guilty as well
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 03:08 PM

I bet you ran the show too slow too.
Posted By: Dunnuck Racing

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 03:21 PM

Josh is probably the only guy I know that works harder to give stuff away than I do. Anybody that doubts his integrity truly doesn't know him.
Now do I get a free shirt?
Keith
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 03:46 PM

Fine Job!!!

Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 06:29 PM

So what we doing for buy backs ?
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 06:50 PM

From talking to people, why I see the perception of lower payouts is that the 1st place for Super Pro and Pro traditionally was $3,000 payout for on Sunday and now it's $1,500 for Sunday.

The Friday and/or Saturday night was a Gamblers race that was totally separate money from the traditional $3K 1st place purse on Sunday.

The money for the runner-up, semis, qtrs, etc is now higher (more money for people making it further through eliminations).
But if you're strictly worried about being the 1st place winner on Sunday (the traditional big winner) it looks like half the money it used to be.

I have absolutely no dog in that fight, I race the Street class where the payouts are now higher in every spot (1st place to Eights).

I'm just commenting on what I've heard discussed by people.

If it can be explained out differently so it makes more sense by anyone else, please feel free to do so.

As I said I have no dog in that fight, I don't run Pro or Super Pro and that's where it looks like the issue lies (as I see it).

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 08:12 PM

Quote:

From talking to people, why I see the perception of lower payouts is that the 1st place for Super Pro and Pro traditionally was $3,000 payout for on Sunday and now it's $1,500 for Sunday.

The Friday and/or Saturday night was a Gamblers race that was totally separate money from the traditional $3K 1st place purse on Sunday.

The money for the runner-up, semis, qtrs, etc is now higher (more money for people making it further through eliminations).
But if you're strictly worried about being the 1st place winner on Sunday (the traditional big winner) it looks like half the money it used to be.

I have absolutely no dog in that fight, I race the Street class where the payouts are now higher in every spot (1st place to Eights).

If it can be explained out differently so it makes more sense by anyone else, please feel free to do so.

As I said I have no dog in that fight, I don't run Pro or Super Pro and that's where it looks like the issue lies (as I see it).

Well in years past the sat- Sunday was all one entry! 125,
you used to run for 2500 on sat jackpot,box / no box, then Sunday it was 4000 ,
then it was lowered to 2000?? on sat and 3500 on Sunday , then sat was taken out of the reg entry, you paid extra to run for the 2500,Not big deal,
now we have $150 entry for all classes, and a $1500 payout all classes!
the super quick guys (quick 32 as years past) was 4000 , now they run for the mere 1500,
The sportsman /street guys should really love this they got increase while the big boys lost!!
Trophy is gone,
The pro and super pro guys take a hit in pay outs as well as the fast boys!
All things change , change is ever constant!

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 08:23 PM

Well no statement on buy backs, as it posted none, ?????
Posted By: mokid

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 09:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

then it was lowered to 2000?? on sat and 3500 on Sunday , then sat was taken out of the reg entry, you paid extra to run for the 2500,Not big deal,
the super quick guys (quick 32 as years past) was 4000 , now they run for the mere 1500,
The sportsman /street guys should really love this they got increase while the big boys lost!!
Trophy is gone,

Well said who wants to pull out a car that has $ 75.000 to $150.000.00 invested and race for as much as some beater, not me I just as well let car sit in garage and not hurt parts. Thats just me.
Posted By: 412 SB Duster

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 11:44 PM

I have no idea why anyone would want to put on a mopar race. What a bunch of whiners.
Keep it up and you will have no mopar races.
Posted By: 340B5

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/20/13 11:55 PM

He's probably still paying for all that Oil-dry from last year.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 12:01 AM

Quote:

That or stocking up on Oil- dry in case the problem is repeated this year.

Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 12:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That or stocking up on Oil- dry in case the problem is repeated this year.

Watch me do this really cool wheelie. Oil on track
Watch me do this really cool wheelie. oil on track
watch me do this really cool wheelie. oil on track

Didn't the SAME GUY oil it down 3 different times or was it only 2?
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 12:51 AM

Just asking, but if you've got $150K in a car, what difference does it really make if you race for $1500 or $3000? It's still a losing proposition.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 12:56 AM

Quote:

Just asking, but if you've got $150K in a car, what difference does it really make if you race for $1500 or $3000? It's still a losing proposition.

THE TRUTH finally comes out ?....about slantee's ride ...

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 01:19 AM

Quote:

Your correct, we do it for the love of the sport,!
But it is also nice to somewhat 'rewarded ' for having such a car, and the pride that your racing for a lot more than the novice racer who is just starting out,
Those who are moving up, making upgrades going faster,winning more and more races, always look for the increase in the prize at the end for the hard work and dedication they put in,
No, it doesn't make up for the investment, but in the mind it sure build confidence, self worth of accomplishment!!
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 01:29 AM

The problem is there is more no-box than box cars, so the no box get screw in to paying out more.Why should the smaller class get more money ? never thought it was right for the no-box class supporting the deal..you guys want to spend that money and go fast that is fine ..but someone else should not be paying for your pay out ! but then again I watch a foot brake car win box class this weekend ..I thought that was great !! LOL

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 02:00 AM

Some of the best racers I know are extremely low budget guys. Then there are those I know that just keep spending money on equipment and aren't the best racers but act like they are better because of the money they spent.
Spending money doesn't make a racer good,going rounds does.
Keith
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 02:28 AM

This is why so few people want to run a race track too. So next time you go to the track, thank the operator instead of b!tching about something. Maybe then they'll be more likely to fight to keep it open should the need arise.
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 02:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Trophy is gone,

Well said who wants to pull out a car that has $ 75.000 to $150.000.00 invested and race for as much as some beater, not me I just as well let car sit in garage and not hurt parts. Thats just me.

News flash:
99.99 percent of racers who race don't make money at it. It isn't a money making sport. Sure winning sometimes helps defray overall costs, but it costs more to trailer a car, fuel up race car and toe vehicle, pay entry fees, motel bills, eat, tads tads than all but a tiny handfull of guys earn at any given event. And if the same guy doesn't win at the next race, he is going backwards
And that doesn't even count investment in the car, trailer, slicks, maintenance, and on and on.
Drag for most everybody in sportsman ranks is a terrible way to make a living, it doesn't pay the bills.... Been there, done that.

Anybody who doesn't reach these same conclusions is full of beans or is the one in a thousand guys who has unreal sponsors to foot the bills, a very unlikely proposition

Sorry. I can actually spell... Hate I-phone auto correct
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 02:50 AM

At rt 66 we get 100 cars in Pro. At the end of the day only 1 maybe 2 will be happy!

Sounda like sour grapes to me.

Don

Attached picture 7713312-byronwheelie2012.jpg
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 02:55 AM

Josh, That is crystal clear
Posted By: birdboy

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 03:05 AM

josh,
we are coming from florida to your race because it is a nice event, if i was worried about payouts i would stay home and take the fuel money and buy lottery tickets
Posted By: ksj

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 03:14 AM

Someone won Powerball Birdboy. LOL.I may have to check the calender and just hang out.Almost forgot Fred. What do I owe for the shirt?

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 03:39 AM

Quote:

The problem is there is more no-box than box cars, so the no box get screw in to paying out more.Why should the smaller class get more money ? never thought it was right for the no-box class supporting the deal..you guys want to spend that money and go fast that is fine ..but someone else should not be paying for your pay out ! but then again I watch a foot brake car win box class this weekend ..I thought that was great !! LOL

and to those that have all them $$$$ in their car and run in a small class please remember they are usually running alot less rounds to win then the pro class cars so -------

Russ

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 04:22 AM

Remember one thing here guys, even a 32 car field is 5 rounds.
16 cars 4 rounds
32 '' 5 ''
64 '' 6 ''
128 '' 7 ''
256 '' 8 ''
512 '' 9 ''
1024'' 10 ''

So yaa a quick 32 car field does get off a little easy as far as rounds but I don't care what you say. FAST CARS DRAWL MORE SPECTATORS and add more to the program than a 12 second car. Lets face it bracket racing is boring to watch but I personally love doing it.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 04:34 AM

Now this is just my opinion but at most of these races,the biggest crowd of spectators are bracket racers and whoever is there with them. Most of us would rather watch our competition than the quick 32.
Not too many people go to non professional races to spectator unless they are there with a racer.
Keith
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 05:46 AM

Ok.. I guess I will ask to Josh... why the pay out
cut... is it due to loss of sponcer input or lack
of racers?
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 08:55 AM

When I go watch racing, it's to see the cars, not how fast they are. Although the fastest cars are more entertaining. I get why the faster cars should get more money cause of costs, but if a class has 2-3 times more cars, makes sense to me they get more money.

Most guys I know with fast cars don't even race, maybe a test and tune now and then. So there's a lot of us out there that build them to have fun, not try and win money with them. I already know if I took my car, I'd be donating, just like playing the lottery
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 12:48 PM

Quote:

Now this is just my opinion but at most of these races,the biggest crowd of spectators are bracket racers and whoever is there with them. Most of us would rather watch our competition than the quick 32.
Not too many people go to non professional races to spectator unless they are there with a racer.
Keith

100% with the bold text.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 02:19 PM

As for spectators goes , it depends on the event,, A regular Sat night the norm is who you bring , and just a few outsiders, when it comes to large events, such as this,it happens to delight something for everyone!
You have a large swap meet, you have cars for sale, you have show cars, you have judged cars, cars running around a track race cars of all varieties!
And this show has shown some of the greatest numbers of spectators, and racers in recent years, despite weather!
This show happens to be growing , not losing!
As with any track or event ,when seeing lower than norm payouts question raised , I wasn't trying to create issues, or add insult ,
or insinuate a riot,
I received a response ,
Bob George made a great statement on the board, What we type and say can hurt a great event, and stop people from going ,I do not want to see that at any event,
We need to support our local tracks ,as much as we can, it is very hard to keep sponsors,and thrive in the era we are in !!
Josh has exspanded this event , trying to make it better, I can see!
M M W is near and dear to me and several others who have made it a mission to be there and support it through out its entire life.
So to say I don't support it, or I want it to fail is absulutely idiotic!
My opinion ,(if it mattered), is I think going to a class schedule is the best thing! makes it very easy to do the points dealings!
He does need to make a trophy class available!! this is the heart beat of racing!!! With out them bracket racing is on life support!!
J M O!!
Payouts, They are posted! as well as round money!!
Everyone enjoy, incourage, support!!

Posted By: tboomer

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 02:37 PM

I didn't read the entire post..But in this day and age,I don't see any promotor filling their pockets full of cash. I don't care if it is Josh or anyone else..The economy is just too weak now. Hell...I will be lucky to go out 2-3 times at the local level...Would I like to attend some of these big Mopar events? You betcha I would!! People who complain about payout structures,etc, would really have something to whine about if that race series would go away..So if you can afford it,please support an event..And remember it isn't always about the pay window...That is just an added bonus! I always look at racing as a chance to be with my friends and family,good food and a few cold ones...Just my Ted
Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 04:44 PM

Quote:

Keith

I agree 100%,plus there is most times 2 brackets Box and no box.That means everyone can race,just Dial in a number you can run and race,the dail in number makes all the cars even.

Someone mention there are more no box cars than box,well we have heard that down here in the South and the Tracks have stepped up and put on Big $$$ no box races,guess why they stopped if you are thinking too many cars..you are WRONG...not enough cars.

Josh,it seems most of the Yankee racers are not Happy with you putting on Big Races for them...but if you put them on down here in the South we will be there to Race Have you guys at Indy ever thought about moving down here in South,were you all would be more Welcome,not to mention longer summers with more time to race!
Well after reading everyone else post and then reading mine,I find that I'm just as Bad as the rest of you!
Must be a Mopar "Thang"!
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 04:45 PM

Never been to one of Josh's events, circumstances out of my controll have prevented that,,,heck this last weekend is the first time I have missed Columbus in years,so this year I am giving every effort to be at indy, always wanted to go but never made it, I don't concern myself with the payout it is what it is, I go to drive the car that is my thrill, if I go round's, then that means I get to drive the car again, if I end up in the winners circle then that's just the cherry on the cake of my weekend,,I didn't necessarily build the car to make money, that is as poor an investment as one could ask for, I do it for the enjoyment and companionship of the people that attend,just like this web site, it gives me great pleasure to talk and hang out with people from all over.
Posted By: cgall

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/21/13 06:11 PM

Lots of opinions here going in different directions, but concerning the payout, what is the deal with the same payout for all classes? I've been around a long time and never heard of such a thing.

And to pile on Vern's point, Pro is always the biggest class at the Mopar-only events, there can be 80-90 cars. So Pro drivers are paying in $12-13K and getting back $8K in purse. Your KOS and Hemi classes will get about 15 cars, which means their entries don't cover the payout. So the Pro class pays the purse for the others. Exact same deal as the NHRA Sportsman classes paying for the Top Alcohol and professional classes purses. I have had this discussion with both JJ and CB over the years and both of them reduced the purse in S/P and raised it in Pro for these reasons.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/22/13 01:21 AM

Quote:

Lots of opinions here going in different directions, but concerning the payout, what is the deal with the same payout for all classes? I've been around a long time and never heard of such a thing.

And to pile on Vern's point, Pro is always the biggest class at the Mopar-only events, there can be 80-90 cars. So Pro drivers are paying in $12-13K and getting back $8K in purse. Your KOS and Hemi classes will get about 15 cars, which means their entries don't cover the payout. So the Pro class pays the purse for the others. Exact same deal as the NHRA Sportsman classes paying for the Top Alcohol and professional classes purses. I have had this discussion with both JJ and CB over the years and both of them reduced the purse in S/P and raised it in Pro for these reasons.

I haven't participated yet, but plan to....I like Magnolia Dragstrip's payout for Box/No-box. Both classes pay the same purse for winner. THEN,,, the winners of both classes run for an added purse. Looking forward to their weekend long events too.
I have always thought that the larger purse in 'box' was kind of out of wack. I realize it costs more to buy all the 'boxes/timers/etc',, but why reward them with more money, when the 'no-box' guys are actually DRIVING their cars...?? If you are wondering,,I run NO-BOX

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/22/13 04:23 AM

The sponsor money that is brought in for a event like this wouldn't cover the cost of 2 classes of racing.

It's been that way since I started putting these shows on.

I don't know why. Maybe that's the question that should be asked.

Why don't the people we support as hobbyists support us?

I'm still waiting on sponsor money from every race I put on including the first one.

I would think that putting on the largest Mopar Drag Race in the country would make this a tin bit easier. But it's just not so.

As far as the payouts changing, like I said elsewhere.

I put on a free race on Saturday once, and people complained about a free race. I said I would never do that again. I also think that it costs the same amount of money for a guy with a 11 second car to go to the track as it does a 8 second guy. Gas is the same for everyone. So anyone that makes the trip should be rewarded the same. If one guy wants to bring his million dollar rig or his truck and open trailer they are treated fairly.

The guys who buy expensive stuff will say "ill just stay home and not use my toy if I'm not racing for a ton of cash"
Then the guy with the lower dollar operatio says "there is more of us than them, why should we get paid less".

Truth is out of 500 cars 10 will stay home because the top prize wasn't what they thought it should be. While 490 guys are happy to be there.

I guess I chose the easier battle.

Lets be honest 75 on 1500 is still a good bracket race an it pays back well and
Posted By: dvw

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/22/13 11:31 AM

We would all like to see our classes pay the most. Since I've run PRO the last few years, your right it's a lot of rounds. Now that I'm back in N/SS the shoes on the other foot. I'd love to race for a $4000 win. The bottom line is if I wanted to make money I would have never even built my new car. Face it this is recreation/hobby for 99.9% of us. Lets have fun. I'll be there.
Doug
Posted By: DblOJoe

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/22/13 01:34 PM

I'm satisfied with the new payouts and I to am glad you did away with the free race deal.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/22/13 01:38 PM

Make it simple if the people with $7,500 cars think they have the Right to run for as much $$$ as the ones with a $75,000 car let them race against the $75,000 cars!Run one ET class,the ET equals all cars!If there is a Bracket are any other kind of Race where a $7,500 car can Race to Win as much as a $75,000 car I won't be there either and I try not to miss a Big $$$ race,If I'm not at your Big $$$ Bracket race its because someone else is paying more $$$ the same day,or to far to travel!
Posted By: slippery440

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/22/13 01:49 PM

Quote:

The sponsor money that is brought in for a event like this wouldn't cover the cost of 2 classes of racing.

It's been that way since I started putting these shows on.

I don't know why. Maybe that's the question that should be asked.

Why don't the people we support as hobbyists support us?

I'm still waiting on sponsor money from every race I put on including the first one.

I would think that putting on the largest Mopar Drag Race in the country would make this a tin bit easier. But it's just not so.

As far as the payouts changing, like I said elsewhere.

I put on a free race on Saturday once, and people complained about a free race. I said I would never do that again. I also think that it costs the same amount of money for a guy with a 11 second car to go to the track as it does a 8 second guy. Gas is the same for everyone. So anyone that makes the trip should be rewarded the same. If one guy wants to bring his million dollar rig or his truck and open trailer they are treated fairly.

The guys who buy expensive stuff will say "ill just stay home and not use my toy if I'm not racing for a ton of cash"
Then the guy with the lower dollar operatio says "there is more of us than them, why should we get paid less".

Truth is out of 500 cars 10 will stay home because the top prize wasn't what they thought it should be. While 490 guys are happy to be there.

I guess I chose the easier battle.

Lets be honest 75 on 1500 is still a good bracket race an it pays back well and

WHY DO YOU DO IT???? Do you make a ton of money or sell a ton of parts?? If you do neither WHY DO YOU DO IT?? Its the old " I am the man that puts on a great mopar race and everyone hangs off my ??? and loves me" I will never go to a race that is only for one brand of car. The pay out sucks and they always kiss the guys that have garage kept race cars that are only raced at these events. If you have a bracket car you are treated like a stepchild with herpes. I can race local for more money and see more Mopars at the track that acually race every weekend and are not arorgant idiots with more money that god. Love Mopars but not most of the people.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/22/13 02:09 PM

Love Mopars but not most of the people .

WT# -------------

Russ

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/22/13 07:06 PM

WHY DO YOU DO IT???? Do you make a ton of money or sell a ton of parts?? If you do neither WHY DO YOU DO IT?? Its the old " I am the man that puts on a great mopar race and everyone hangs off my ??? and loves me" I will never go to a race that is only for one brand of car. The pay out sucks and they always kiss the guys that have garage kept race cars that are only raced at these events. If you have a bracket car you are treated like a stepchild with herpes. I can race local for more money and see more Mopars at the track that acually race every weekend and are not arorgant idiots with more money that god. Love Mopars but not most of the people.

I do it because I felt like if I didnt, then no one else would.

I dont sell parts, what parts would I have to sell??? I dont make money, Im far from wealthy.

Im 33 Years old and I am watching the Mopar hobby die. The other races that are mopar only have declined every year since I was old enough to start going to them. That is my only reason for doing these. I have no need for people to swing off my nuts as you mentioned.

I simply felt like if we lost another race/races than where would the vendors sell parts that support this sport.
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/22/13 07:09 PM

Thank you for what you do for the hobby Josh. As another young guy in this arena it is appreciated, and I think you know that.

I wish I was closer to support your races.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/22/13 08:27 PM

Does any realize the risk and cost of these events.Just imagine what happens when there is a rainout,a bunch of oildowns and low turnouts.It all falls on the shoulders of the guy putting on the event.Some of these guys are not on our X-mas card list but as long as they have the events for us Mopar people we will attend and give our donations.We may even make a few bucks if we are lucky.Don't forget the exposure you get at these larger events when you do good.How much coverage in media do you get racing your local tracks?
If you like being a racer at local events that's great,but when at local events do you get to see so many of your favorite brand and get to rummage through venders,swap and car sale specific to Mopar.We certainly don't want any Mopar event go into the shitzer like what has happened to Super Chevy,Ford and other brands events that can't get cars as well as foot traffic.
If the promoters screw up I can understand why people get pissed and stay away.If they do their part and respect the attendees then we should do our part and support the events.If they are the cause we can only suggest our thoughts and opinions,if they don't respond the we all loose.
Respectfully Bob

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/22/13 08:45 PM

Quote:

Does any realize the risk and cost of these events.Just imagine what happens when there is a rainout,a bunch of oildowns and low turnouts.It all falls on the shoulders of the guy putting on the event.Some of these guys are not on our X-mas card list but as long as they have the events for us Mopar people we will attend and give our donations.We may even make a few bucks if we are lucky.Don't forget the exposure you get at these larger events when you do good.How much coverage in media do you get racing your local tracks?
If you like being a racer at local events that's great,but when at local events do you get to see so many of your favorite brand and get to rummage through venders,swap and car sale specific to Mopar.We certainly don't want any Mopar event go into the shitzer like what has happened to Super Chevy,Ford and other brands events that can't get cars as well as foot traffic.
If the promoters screw up I can understand why people get pissed and stay away.If they do their part and respect the attendees then we should do our part and support the events.If they are the cause we can only suggest our thoughts and opinions,if they don't respond the we all loose.
Respectfully Bob

This applies to all the "brand specific" shows/races.

I certainly wouldn't want the headaches of putting on an event.
Some people are always going to complain.
If you don't attend, whether it's because of payouts or other reasons don't complain when the the promoters don't have them anymore.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/22/13 09:14 PM

Quote:

I do it because I felt like if I didnt, then no one else would.

I dont sell parts, what parts would I have to sell??? I dont make money, Im far from wealthy.

Im 33 Years old and I am watching the Mopar hobby die. The other races that are mopar only have declined every year since I was old enough to start going to them. That is my only reason for doing these. I have no need for people to swing off my nuts as you mentioned.

I simply felt like if we lost another race/races than where would the vendors sell parts that support this sport.

AND WHO CARES???? 33 Years old and your worry about a hobby that WILL be gone.Mabe not in 10 years but I bet 20 years and that will be way after I die. So you sit and worry about mopar guys having a place to race their cars? Let me tell you a few things about mopar guys . They have the talk but not the walk. Most of the yes guys that are on here don't even have their junk together I would say 50%. Then 20% more just want to brag about what they have and never race and 10% more will race but you have to kiss their butts.Then there is the last 20% that race and race every chance they get. They are called bracket racers. You mostly ignor them but they pay your bills. Years ago you started small tire heads up races and they are going to be the hot number. Well what happened? The guys that have deep pockets ran all the low budgit guys away and most of the want to be's. All threw this us bracket slow guys are just filler and ignored. Like I said I would never spend a dime to go to a all mopar race. You do not have a big enough pay out to get me to drive 500 MILES plus a bunch because I live in N.Y.My local track pays 800 to 1000 dollars depends on car count but no less than 800 and a pay scale from 2 round winner.
Want to help the sport? Promote a race that all are welcome and the payout is written in stone for the S Pro and Pro and Street .The pay out has to be big enough to draw people from their local tracks.Have your heads up deal and if two cars show thats the pot.They will be pissed but its their fault that no one races their 50 thousand dollar car with out a garenteed pay out and even then only a handfull will show up.They want the bracket racers entries to pay their pay outs.

You say no one watches bracket races and you are right!! But every bracket racer will bring their family and friends. There is the money and the future. Those people could care less to see a small tire car spin and make all kinds of noise just to coast threw the lights.
Josh where is your car? You want to help the sport get your butt out there and go racing so those young kids see mopars not Hondas.Support a track near you.That will keep the sport alive and in turn keep the mopars alive.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/22/13 11:07 PM

I guess I picked a Bad time to ask....but I was thing you worked at or for Indy.But if Indy has not started making their Mega blocks with the Big Cam bore it would help out a lot of us True Mopar racers.Being able to use the roller bearings is nice but the real need is having a bigger cam core when you go over a .475 lobe lift is very helpful.Going up to a 54mm camshaft allows you to increase the lobe life another .025-.030 and the valve train is as stable if not better than @ .475 which is about the max with the standard cam core.But with the machine work & LSM(the only one I know who makes a camshaft)its about a $1,000 up grade.If you are going to have a Fast Mopar Indy is it! I'll race them B1's and beat them!

Attached picture 7715494-mmp09.jpg.jpg
Posted By: moparman89

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/23/13 01:20 AM

Quote:

I guess I picked a Bad time to ask....but I was thing you worked at or for Indy.But if Indy has not started making their Mega blocks with the Big Cam bore it would help out a lot of us True Mopar racers.Being able to use the roller bearings is nice but the real need is having a bigger cam core when you go over a .475 lobe lift is very helpful.Going up to a 54mm camshaft allows you to increase the lobe life another .025-.030 and the valve train is as stable if not better than @ .475 which is about the max with the standard cam core.But with the machine work & LSM(the only one I know who makes a camshaft)its about a $1,000 up grade.If you are going to have a Fast Mopar Indy is it! I'll race them B1's and beat them!

Indy has done several World blocks with a 55mm roller cam. I believe Comp can make you one also.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/23/13 01:47 AM

Like stated above.

We have done numerous 55mm iron blocks both world and mega blocks.

Not to mention our aluminum block can be done the same way as well as 60 mm Babbitt and raised cam.
Posted By: cudadon

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/23/13 02:10 AM

Josh thanks for all the effort you put into our hobby!
I couldnt make it last year, I hope to go yhis year.
I have never seen a promoter more interested in what the racers want,
Thanks for a job well done. Don

Attached picture 7715715-byronwheelie2012.jpg
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/23/13 01:03 PM

Quote:

Josh where is your car? You want to help the sport get your butt out there and go racing so those young kids see mopars not Hondas.Support a track near you.That will keep the sport alive and in turn keep the mopars alive.

Do you think renting out a drag strip for a weekend isn't helping keep the racetrack alive?? REALLY?? The first year they had it in INDY I drove my car there and back while my dad trailered his car. Our "show" cars help pay the bill for the weekend too.
With your theory, if I drove around a Ferrari then all the kids would get one too because they see it... Mopars are NOT cheap by any means, especially when you're a younger person. It's hard not to just jump in a newer car with all the creature comforts as apposed to hopping in these old car with no air, manual steering, manual brakes, etc.
And BTW.....

Attached picture 7716057-MMW2011002.JPG
Posted By: 64ssmax

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/23/13 02:07 PM

Josh I must say thats a lot of money for 7 class's to pay out! Also Josh please keep in mind that most of these people complaining about payouts are the probably the same people that were complaining about the Chrysler Classic allowing anybrand cars to run in Pro and Super Pro on Saturdays events. You see where the Chrysler Classic Events are now!! Josh I hope you make a million dollars running your event!! You hang your balls on the line, you deserve it!!

Brian

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/23/13 02:55 PM

As we must be mindfull of the efforts and risk the promoters expose themselves to for these events,they must be mindfull and respectfull of the racers who travel at great risk and cost also.We have seen many events loose contracts with tracks and loose attendence because of their own actions.
Posted By: ro23car

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/23/13 03:42 PM

Quote:

Make it simple if the people with $7,500 cars think they have the Right to run for as much $$$ as the ones with a $75,000 car let them race against the $75,000 cars!Run one ET class,the ET equals all cars!If there is a Bracket are any other kind of Race where a $7,500 car can Race to Win as much as a $75,000 car I won't be there either and I try not to miss a Big $$$ race,If I'm not at your Big $$$ Bracket race its because someone else is paying more $$$ the same day,or to far to travel!

that has to be one of the most stupidest things ive read today.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/23/13 03:49 PM

hey all you guys that dont like the payouts go race blakenships ill pay you what i feel like paying you races. at least josh is giving a garunteed payout. ya cant spell garuntee lol.
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/23/13 05:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

that has to be one of the most stupidest things ive read today.

The NSS series I run in has anything from relatively low buck mopars to six figure fords and no one seems to have a problem with it. And yes, the low-buck guys go a lot of rounds.
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/23/13 11:17 PM

Quote:

As we must be mindfull of the efforts and risk the promoters expose themselves to for these events,they must be mindfull and respectfull of the racers who travel at great risk and cost also.We have seen many events loose contracts with tracks and loose attendence because of their own actions.

well said I agree 100%
Posted By: demongup

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/23/13 11:41 PM

Thanks off doing what u do . Keep up the effort . I enjoyed the Nostolgic cars in the NSS class the best .

U can't please everyone . I'm sure they bich and moan at there local track every weekend about something !

I'm shooting for Norwalk ..... Cya there
Posted By: hustlin hoosier

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/24/13 03:15 AM

Slippery440 you must be one sad [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]. You hate mopar cars ,you hate mopar people, you hate people with money. I take it you are one broke ass stupid mother driving a ford . Most people that have a lot of money, have it for several reasons, they are intelligent, they work hard, and they tend to make good choices in life. It is very evident you do none of the previous.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/24/13 03:26 AM

slippery440 all I can say is since Gary "revived" the small tire heads up Mopar racing....you have been a hater. Race at your bracket races and just leave this topic alone......UNLESS you just deep down wish you could be doing this heads up stuff. IF that's the case, its been what 3 years now? Make the changes to your car to fit the class and show up....
Im far fom having deep pockets, and I like to think im competitive and don't have the best equipment. I do all my work myself .
No one that I know is doing this for the money, just looking to have some fun with the car I have and race againt the best that are out there.
Stop the hate....LOL

Josh, see you soon buddy, and thanks for what you have done for Mopar racing
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/24/13 04:20 AM

Quote:

Slippery440 you must be one sad [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]. You hate mopar cars ,you hate mopar people, you hate people with money. I take it you are one broke ass stupid mother driving a ford . Most people that have a lot of money, have it for several reasons, they are intelligent, they work hard, and they tend to make good choices in life. It is very evident you do none of the previous.

No he is a racer, a bracket race that wants the same attention? that the Mopar heads up stuff has been getting.
that's all....LOL

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/24/13 01:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No he is a racer, a bracket race that wants the same attention? that the Mopar heads up stuff has been getting.
that's all....LOL

I'm a Bracket Racer also,would you like to do some Heads Up racing against me?I don't have a Heads Up car like you but I'll put my $$$ up and race my Bracket car Heads Up with you.....LOL

Them so call Heads Up Racers are nothing more than a bunch of Clowns,thinking they so much better than Bracket Racers!!LOL

$$$ Talks B.S.walks!!!!

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/24/13 03:18 PM

Here we go guys that run "special" classes feel they are superior to the adverage bracket racer similar to "class racers".
They show up go a few rounds much like a class racer who goes to an event and are one of one or two in their class.Heck most of the events we have attended their are not enough to make a viable program amd most can't get down the track.
Take a good bracket race and there can be anywhere from 50 to 100+ cars in each catagory.Sometimes a racer must got 5 to 10 rounds for a win and must be on top of their game every round and sometime it a round robin show in the later rounds.
A good bracket racer can put more passes on in one weekend than these special class cars do all year.
Don't get the idea that I don't appreciate these special classes as I have sponsered them in the past and we have a few that run out of the shop including Don Martik's blowen outlaw pro/mod.I appreciate any type of race car,I just don't think that it makes them any better than any other racer.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/24/13 03:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that's all....LOL

I'm a Bracket Racer also,would you like to do some Heads Up racing against me?I don't have a Heads Up car like you but I'll put my $$$ up and race my Bracket car Heads Up with you.....LOL

Them so call Heads Up Racers are nothing more than a bunch of Clowns,thinking they so much better than Bracket Racers!!LOL

$$$ Talks B.S.walks!!!!

yes it does and if thats your piperack your racing i would make that statement also. but add 1500 pounds or so to even out the weight and im sure you will get some takers.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/24/13 09:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that's all....LOL

$$$ Talks B.S.walks!!!!

yes it does and if thats your piperack your racing i would make that statement also. but add 1500 pounds or so to even out the weight and im sure you will get some takers.

Take 1500 lbs of your car an come an try this Li'll Bracket Racer! :laugh

Per say the Big Bad Heads Up guys they are so much better than us Li'll Bracket,who can not Run heads up with them.They seem to all ways find some excuse not to race,yo tires are too Big,let me ask my momma first,yo's not legal,bla bla bla!

I hate to pick on the Lill Heads Up people that can't Bracket Race because their cars are over weight,to old,to Heavy,to Purty, but ya'll should know better than to try and talk Trash to us Bracket Racers because most of us still are or was at one Grudge Racers,and we ain't Skeeerd to Race.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/24/13 09:13 PM

Quote:

Hey now. Did I say anything about money? Boy you sure have your undies in a bunch!! Most people that have alot of money have hard worked for it and I am one of them. You don't even know me. Wow what a dip.You may want to take your meds.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/24/13 09:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

that's all....LOL

And there is the nut huggers. I really like to watch heads up races that acually have fast cars. To bad that there are only a handfull of mopars.Mabe you mopar heads up guys are afraid to race in any other race that is not for MOPAR only. I put alot of chevys and fords on the trailer everytime I race. You guys need to race a Quick 16 races. Put that junk out there and show everyone what a mopar can do against the junk chevy and fords. BTW If I wanted to be a attention hound I would build a small tire mopar heads up car.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/24/13 10:59 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that's all....LOL

$$$ Talks B.S.walks!!!!

Per say the Big Bad Heads Up guys they are so much better than us Li'll Bracket,who can not Run heads up with them.They seem to all ways find some excuse not to race,yo tires are too Big,let me ask my momma first,yo's not legal,bla bla bla!

I hate to pick on the Lill Heads Up people that can't Bracket Race because their cars are over weight,to old,to Heavy,to Purty, but ya'll should know better than to try and talk Trash to us Bracket Racers because most of us still are or was at one Grudge Racers,and we ain't Skeeerd to Race.

thats funny take 1500 off my car. i dont think its about bracket racers vs class racers but your comment about running for pocket change is the main thing i was talking about. so you dont think class racers have ever been grude racers or detroit street racers? like i said tack on 1500 and im sure you will get takers,as to me taking off 1500 thats a funny statement.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/25/13 12:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that's all....LOL

$$$ Talks B.S.walks!!!!

thats funny take 1500 off my car. i dont think its about bracket racers vs class racers but your comment about running for pocket change is the main thing i was talking about. so you dont think class racers have ever been grude racers or detroit street racers? like i said tack on 1500 and im sure you will get takers,as to me taking off 1500 thats a funny statement.

I am not sure what you meant about pocket change.I'll put up $10,000 or more an Grudge Race any time an I mostly run/try the Big $$$ Bracket Races.You can just about find a Big $$$ and up Bracket Race every weekend,we will start @ 11:00 in the mornings an most times run past midnight if lucky enough to keep going rounds.I don't call tha pocket change.But some of you that think Bracket Racing is so easy just try it. Thats right we will let all of you that have rebuilt Grand-Daddy & Granny's over weight trailer Queen cars run,we won't want to take your doors or fenders off,won't try and make no special rules so you can't run against us,don't care how Big of a Beer gut you have,don't have to be NNS,ABC or even CBS,the only thing we won't let you do is Whine & Moan about the Rules because other than a few safety rules there is none everyone runs,there will be no moaning over the pay out because you will know up front what it pays.Just pay your entry Fee and line up and Race.

Now if there is a better class than Bracket Racing with less rules that lets all cars run that pays more $$$ for the Sportsman Racer.I'll run it!
Time to head out to the shop and load my Li'll Bracket car for the weekend! Yea its OK to have a few of them also while loading the car on a Friday night for the weekend!

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/25/13 12:17 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that's all....LOL

$$$ Talks B.S.walks!!!!

I am not sure what you meant about pocket change.I'll put up $10,000 or more an Grudge Race any time an I mostly run/try the Big $$$ Bracket Races.You can just about find a Big $$$ and up Bracket Race every weekend,we will start @ 11:00 in the mornings an most times run past midnight if lucky enough to keep going rounds.I don't call tha pocket change.But some of you that think Bracket Racing is so easy just try it. Thats right we will let all of you that have rebuilt Grand-Daddy & Granny's over weight trailer Queen cars run,we won't want to take your doors or fenders off,won't try and make no special rules so you can't run against us,don't care how Big of a Beer gut you have,don't have to be NNS,ABC or even CBS,the only thing we won't let you do is Whine & Moan about the Rules because other than a few safety rules there is none everyone runs,there will be no moaning over the pay out because you will know up front what it pays.Just pay your entry Fee and line up and Race.

Now if there is a better class than Bracket Racing with less rules that lets all cars run that pays more $$$ for the Sportsman Racer.I'll run it!
Time to head out to the shop and load my Li'll Bracket car for the weekend! Yea its OK to have a few of them also while loading the car on a Friday night for the weekend!

the pocket change comment shouldnt be hard to finger out,you stated you wont run for small money. personally i dont care for piperacks but with all the delay and crossover boxes it cant be that hard to race. and the reaction of a piperack compared to a door car is totally different. so have fun and post your results when you get back. josh your doing a great job
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/25/13 12:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that's all....LOL

$$$ Talks B.S.walks!!!!

This is just plain SILLY

Chris..

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/25/13 12:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

that's all....LOL

$$$ Talks B.S.walks!!!!

This is just plain SILLY

Chris..

agreed im done with the debate. josh has done good and i hope he continues for those that want to participate in his shows.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/25/13 12:28 AM

Wow,do some guys get wound up over nothing around here or what?
Josh puts on a good show,the payout goes back a few rounds instead of all the money to the guy who had a good day. I'll be there unless I blow my junk up before then.
Thanks Josh!!!
Keith
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/25/13 01:13 AM

This hobby is doomed.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/25/13 01:18 AM

Yes this hobby is doomed! I'M going to build a fast and furious Honda instead !

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/25/13 01:21 AM

I'm going to start racing a chevie truck. Yaaa right.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/25/13 01:24 AM

Quote:

Wow,do some guys get wound up over nothing around here or what?
Josh puts on a good show,the payout goes back a few rounds instead of all the money to the guy who had a good day. I'll be there unless I blow my junk up before then.
Thanks Josh!!!
Keith

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/25/13 01:25 AM

This post should be renamed" I'm gonna take my ball and go home"!!

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/25/13 11:26 PM

What the heck did I miss.

It doesn't matter what class you race.

Just show up and race.

I need 500 race cars at each event and 500 show cars.

As long as we can make that happen we can do this forever.

That being said, mr big bucks with the dragster.... You should throw some cash into the purse instead of wasting it on a grudge race. Just think how big of a kick you could get out of racin the MRMopar622 super pro class.

Sponsors inquire here
<----------

A d Incase anyone doesn't know. The more cars I get the more I can raise the payout. I want all 7 classes to pay 3 grand to win both days eventually

And if enough cars show up this year ill pay that.

As stated before I'm rich and don't need the money.
Posted By: poppaj

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/26/13 04:07 AM

Can't believe anybody complaining about your payouts, they are very good and entry fees are quite reasonable. Poppaj

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/26/13 01:07 PM

Quote:

Can't believe anybody complaining about your payouts, they are very good and entry fees are quite reasonable. Poppaj

BUT... BUT... BUT... no FREE t-shirt and stickers

Russ
Posted By: cgall

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/26/13 01:56 PM

Not all are complaining, but offering a different point of view. I agree that $1500 for $75 is a good payout, but the same money for Pro and Sportsman makes me think of borrowing my friend's 12-second pump gas Duster and running Sportsman. It will be 1 or 2 less rounds to win and I will save a bunch on fuel. The 12 runs I made at NTR last week cost me about $70 in fuel.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/26/13 02:33 PM

That's a good point of view.

What I hope it does is makes people enter multiple cars in multiple classes.

Borrow the 12 second car and run your regular class as well.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/26/13 02:59 PM

... ....

What-the-fudge ever happened to the days of the 5000$ winners purse(and decent payouts down to the 1/8's) ....for a 35$ entry fee? ..... ...

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/26/13 03:04 PM

Quote:

I too think that's a real nice pay-out. Didn't Josh also feed people and pay for a band too. Its real easy to sit back and complain about this and that but if you would even begin to know how much work is involved maybe, just maybe a few of you guys would wise up. Then again maybe not.
The same guys would be the first to complain if these races and car shows stopped existing. Wise up and shut up before its to late.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/26/13 03:15 PM

Quote:

Not all are complaining, but offering a different point of view. I agree that $1500 for $75 is a good payout, but the same money for Pro and Sportsman makes me think of borrowing my friend's 12-second pump gas Duster and running Sportsman. It will be 1 or 2 less rounds to win and I will save a bunch on fuel. The 12 runs I made at NTR last week cost me about $70 in fuel.

Not much of a reason to bring anymore than a good street car, enter in 2 classes, maybe 3,
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/26/13 03:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I too think that's a real nice pay-out. Didn't Josh also feed people and pay for a band too. Its real easy to sit back and complain about this and that but if you would even begin to know how much work is involved maybe, just maybe a few of you guys would wise up. Then again maybe not.
The same guys would be the first to complain if these races and car shows stopped existing. Wise up and shut up before its to late.

what most people forget is this is a hobby not a profession,,we all would like to get some money back to help offset the cost but it's still a hobby.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/26/13 06:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

BUT... BUT... BUT... no FREE t-shirt and stickers

Russ

he must not like you i got shirts,stickers and shrimp with some cocktail sauce

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/26/13 06:57 PM

Quote:

... ....

What-the-fudge ever happened to the days of the 5000$ winners purse(and decent payouts down to the 1/8's) ....for a 35$ entry fee? ..... ...

i belive its called inflation. besides i dont car the cost or the payout im in it for the fun,if i win thats a bonus.

Re: Because some people think I cut payouts. - 05/28/13 04:50 PM

Quote:

What the heck did I miss.

That being said, mr big bucks with the dragster.... You should throw some cash into the purse instead of wasting it on a grudge race. Just think how big of a kick you could get out of racin the MRMopar622 super pro class.

Sponsors inquire here
<----------

A d Incase anyone doesn't know. The more cars I get the more I can raise the payout. I want all 7 classes to pay 3 grand to win both days eventually

No THANKS!!! I'll stick with my Bracket & Grudge Racing & put my $$$ into that.Besides that is the reason my partners got out of the Mud Truck racing(after teaming up together they won several championships,$$$ talks)they put on a Big Mud race,the kind all of the Mud Racers wanted & were gonna sponsor the series the next year.They rented(Josh you know what it cost)a track to hold 200+ Mud Racers,well only about 20 showed up!Long story short I had been trying to talk them into doing some Drag Racing and they had been trying to get me to do some Mud Racing with them.After that race they called me and told me what it would take for us to do some Drag Racing,they wanted to do some BIG $$$ Grudge Racing as well as Bracket Racing.So we all to well know the deal on trying to Sponsor a race!
I'm a Bracket Racer been one for a long time and I know how they Think & Race.Put on a Big $$$ Bracket Race(for all brands) you will have over 200 cars Pre Entered(remember that Pre Entered)in a Heart-Beat!
BUT put on a Heads Up,Class,street car race as well and pay the same amount of $$$ to win,its not gonna happen!Don't ask us Bracket Racers to race in a 200+ car field for the same Purse,as the other class's that will be Lucky to have 10-12 cars in each class.That is not a smart A** answer just trying to help you,because you are in a position being at Indy to possibly help us get Indy to build us better parts,and I think you are trying to Help out a Dying Breed of Mopars!I have been a Mopar man from day one and will always be one!

So speaking with advice from my partners who have tried something like this an My Bracket Racing and seeing how other Big $$$ races are run my Advice to you is Have A Pre Entry for each CLASS,and a Dead line,if you don't get enough Pre Entered cars to run that class you can cut it an Refund the $$$ for that class.If not enough Total Cars to do the Show you can Cancel the Show!Its better to lose a little $$$ in Postage refunding their $$$ than to lose your Butt going ahead with the show.

Now Mr Indy man,I would like to ask something of you.I have been a Mopar racer since Ken used to come down to a little Mopar shop in Norcross Ga with Herb to Dyno their Mopar engines,I am pretty sure I brought a set of the 1st 100 440-1 Indy heads made,and have been running and telling anyone who would listen since to run Indy products.Anyone on this site will tell you I have been the one to stand up against all the Indy nay sayers on here and call them out to Race against my Indy powered Mopar car!I have never asked Indy for anything before,but do you think you could get Indy to maybe give a Die Hard Indy Racer one of them new 655 cu in T/D type engines?
© 2024 Moparts Forums