Print Thread
Jet Hot ceramic coating #1365045
01/06/13 02:24 AM
01/06/13 02:24 AM
East Grand Rapids Mich
motorcityjoe Offline OP
motorcityjoe  Offline OP

East Grand Rapids Mich
I am thinking about having my TTI chrome headers ceramic coated by Red Hot. Has anyone with the A-body Headers had this done ? And if so, how do they coat the 2 piece header where they slip together ? Will it slide in after the coating ? Or do they put them together and then coat it ? I don't want any trouble where they couple together ( rust and such ). Thanks in advance.

Re: Jet Hot ceramic coating [Re: motorcityjoe] #1365046
01/06/13 07:20 PM
01/06/13 07:20 PM
Detroit, MI
C
CCPcoatings.com Offline
CCPcoatings.com  Offline
C

Detroit, MI
Quote:

I am thinking about having my TTI chrome headers ceramic coated by Red Hot. Has anyone with the A-body Headers had this done ? And if so, how do they coat the 2 piece header where they slip together ? Will it slide in after the coating ? Or do they put them together and then coat it ? I don't want any trouble where they couple together ( rust and such ). Thanks in advance.

Coating slip joints depends on the fitment / design of YOUR particular headers and components. Ideally you want to coat all of these areas which is a non issue with loose fitting joints. Where the slip fit is "tight" it's often not possible. This is especially true with a "double slip joint" where the mating male pipe slip over the OD of one pipe and withing the ID of another. Where the joints are too tight we recommend coating them with a high temp silicone during assembly.

Below is a double slip sample.

Re: Jet Hot ceramic coating [Re: CCPcoatings.com] #1365047
01/06/13 07:41 PM
01/06/13 07:41 PM
Spokane Washington
ScottSmith_Harms Offline
Mr Wizzard
ScottSmith_Harms  Offline
Mr Wizzard

Spokane Washington
What does it cost to have a nice of lightly used but scratched/dinged TTI's (340 A-body) recoated? These aleady have the TTI silver colored ceramic coating.