Moparts

Jet Hot ceramic coating

Posted By: motorcityjoe

Jet Hot ceramic coating - 01/06/13 06:24 AM

I am thinking about having my TTI chrome headers ceramic coated by Red Hot. Has anyone with the A-body Headers had this done ? And if so, how do they coat the 2 piece header where they slip together ? Will it slide in after the coating ? Or do they put them together and then coat it ? I don't want any trouble where they couple together ( rust and such ). Thanks in advance.
Posted By: CCPcoatings.com

Re: Jet Hot ceramic coating - 01/06/13 11:20 PM

Quote:

I am thinking about having my TTI chrome headers ceramic coated by Red Hot. Has anyone with the A-body Headers had this done ? And if so, how do they coat the 2 piece header where they slip together ? Will it slide in after the coating ? Or do they put them together and then coat it ? I don't want any trouble where they couple together ( rust and such ). Thanks in advance.

Coating slip joints depends on the fitment / design of YOUR particular headers and components. Ideally you want to coat all of these areas which is a non issue with loose fitting joints. Where the slip fit is "tight" it's often not possible. This is especially true with a "double slip joint" where the mating male pipe slip over the OD of one pipe and withing the ID of another. Where the joints are too tight we recommend coating them with a high temp silicone during assembly.

Below is a double slip sample.

Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Jet Hot ceramic coating - 01/06/13 11:41 PM

What does it cost to have a nice of lightly used but scratched/dinged TTI's (340 A-body) recoated? These aleady have the TTI silver colored ceramic coating.
© 2024 Moparts Forums