07/21/12 09:47 PM
07/21/12 09:47 PM
east bay ca
T
torqueaddict Offline OP
torqueaddict  Offline OP
T

east bay ca
Guys I am considering upgrading my suspension and am thinking about these two options. Is there a safety or reliability difference? The magnum force guys are right in my back yard but I am looking for the best product. I remember a while back someone told me that magnum force was race stuff and not good on the street. I have the Alterktion a arms already but I know the magnum force is slightly cheaper. Do you guys have any experience or opinions on these?

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion [Re: torqueaddict] #1271655
07/22/12 12:09 AM
07/22/12 12:09 AM
Pikes Peak Country
T
TC@HP2 Offline
master
TC@HP2  Offline
master
T

Pikes Peak Country
Uhhh, search the site and you'll find way more information that you'd think.

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion [Re: TC@HP2] #1271656
07/22/12 12:11 AM
07/22/12 12:11 AM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
Yuppp!

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion [Re: jcc] #1271657
07/22/12 02:18 AM
07/22/12 02:18 AM
Fresno, CA
Jim_Lusk Offline
I Live Here
Jim_Lusk  Offline
I Live Here

Fresno, CA
Been hashed and rehashed so many times. The only front end that I have not heard customer complaints about is RMS...

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion [Re: Jim_Lusk] #1271658
07/22/12 05:50 AM
07/22/12 05:50 AM
San Jose,CA
migsBIG Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source
migsBIG  Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source

San Jose,CA
I tnink both systems will need youto decide what your truly going to do with your car. I don't know anyone with any system with 20k plus miles on it that can chime in. I have had 3 sets of the Magnum Force upper controls arms and never had a problem. I had a set of RMS upper arms and didn't feel those would meet my needs in a larger car and the construction seemed a little light when comparing them. I would rather have Magnum Force parts on my car, if I needed any tech or parts, they are like 20 min from my house. I can't afford a new system, but have used their parts on my latest project and found it worked great since my car was dumped deep in the weeds. On the plus side, Magnum Force will build the system on your car so it gets better tollerences and I don't think they charge extra for the service. Not sure what your plans are for your car in the long run, but that should be considered before you spend dime one on the suspension.

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion [Re: torqueaddict] #1271659
07/22/12 09:05 AM
07/22/12 09:05 AM
Berlin, N.J.
A
abodyjoe Offline
I Live Here
abodyjoe  Offline
I Live Here
A

Berlin, N.J.
Quote:

Guys I am considering upgrading my suspension and am thinking about these two options. Is there a safety or reliability difference? The magnum force guys are right in my back yard but I am looking for the best product. I remember a while back someone told me that magnum force was race stuff and not good on the street. I have the Alterktion a arms already but I know the magnum force is slightly cheaper. Do you guys have any experience or opinions on these?

Search just about any mopar site and you'll read about magnumforce having bad welds (more early on. Haven't heard too much about that lately), poor figment and even worse geometry. I wouldn't use magnumforce stuff in any car that I actually wanted to drive.

Do the same search on the same sites for the alter-k-tion and you'll see nothing but great real world customer reviews by guys that actually drive their cars. Fitment is great, quality is great, geometry is great and customer service is great

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

www.MoparMisfits.com
Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion [Re: abodyjoe] #1271660
07/22/12 02:39 PM
07/22/12 02:39 PM
Fresno, CA
Jim_Lusk Offline
I Live Here
Jim_Lusk  Offline
I Live Here

Fresno, CA
Quote:

Quote:

Search just about any mopar site and you'll read about magnumforce having bad welds (more early on. Haven't heard too much about that lately), poor figment and even worse geometry. I wouldn't use magnumforce stuff in any car that I actually wanted to drive.

Do the same search on the same sites for the alter-k-tion and you'll see nothing but great real world customer reviews by guys that actually drive their cars. Fitment is great, quality is great, geometry is great and customer service is great

Joe, how many miles have you put on yours?

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion [Re: Jim_Lusk] #1271661
07/22/12 06:41 PM
07/22/12 06:41 PM
NY usa
540challenger Offline
master
540challenger  Offline
master

NY usa
Another for the alterkation installed on 1 customer's car and on my own 2500 miles so far no problems. I know someone selling a e-body alterkation k-FRame might fit b-body too i have to check will Bill that Pm me if you are interested

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion [Re: Jim_Lusk] #1271662
07/22/12 06:48 PM
07/22/12 06:48 PM
Berlin, N.J.
A
abodyjoe Offline
I Live Here
abodyjoe  Offline
I Live Here
A

Berlin, N.J.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Joe, how many miles have you put on yours?

Have to check for exact mileage but it's over 10,000 Hard Miles.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

www.MoparMisfits.com
Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion [Re: abodyjoe] #1271663
07/23/12 11:15 PM
07/23/12 11:15 PM
east bay ca
T
torqueaddict Offline OP
torqueaddict  Offline OP
T

east bay ca
I am really interested in getting the alterktion setup but on another thread there were some serious concerns brought up about reliability and safety. If I could get some facts about RMS and the systems overall safety that would help me move closer to Alterktion