Moparts

magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion

Posted By: torqueaddict

magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion - 07/22/12 01:47 AM

Guys I am considering upgrading my suspension and am thinking about these two options. Is there a safety or reliability difference? The magnum force guys are right in my back yard but I am looking for the best product. I remember a while back someone told me that magnum force was race stuff and not good on the street. I have the Alterktion a arms already but I know the magnum force is slightly cheaper. Do you guys have any experience or opinions on these?
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion - 07/22/12 04:09 AM

Uhhh, search the site and you'll find way more information that you'd think.
Posted By: jcc

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion - 07/22/12 04:11 AM

Yuppp!
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion - 07/22/12 06:18 AM

Been hashed and rehashed so many times. The only front end that I have not heard customer complaints about is RMS...
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion - 07/22/12 09:50 AM

I tnink both systems will need youto decide what your truly going to do with your car. I don't know anyone with any system with 20k plus miles on it that can chime in. I have had 3 sets of the Magnum Force upper controls arms and never had a problem. I had a set of RMS upper arms and didn't feel those would meet my needs in a larger car and the construction seemed a little light when comparing them. I would rather have Magnum Force parts on my car, if I needed any tech or parts, they are like 20 min from my house. I can't afford a new system, but have used their parts on my latest project and found it worked great since my car was dumped deep in the weeds. On the plus side, Magnum Force will build the system on your car so it gets better tollerences and I don't think they charge extra for the service. Not sure what your plans are for your car in the long run, but that should be considered before you spend dime one on the suspension.
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion - 07/22/12 01:05 PM

Quote:

Guys I am considering upgrading my suspension and am thinking about these two options. Is there a safety or reliability difference? The magnum force guys are right in my back yard but I am looking for the best product. I remember a while back someone told me that magnum force was race stuff and not good on the street. I have the Alterktion a arms already but I know the magnum force is slightly cheaper. Do you guys have any experience or opinions on these?

Search just about any mopar site and you'll read about magnumforce having bad welds (more early on. Haven't heard too much about that lately), poor figment and even worse geometry. I wouldn't use magnumforce stuff in any car that I actually wanted to drive.

Do the same search on the same sites for the alter-k-tion and you'll see nothing but great real world customer reviews by guys that actually drive their cars. Fitment is great, quality is great, geometry is great and customer service is great
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion - 07/22/12 06:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Search just about any mopar site and you'll read about magnumforce having bad welds (more early on. Haven't heard too much about that lately), poor figment and even worse geometry. I wouldn't use magnumforce stuff in any car that I actually wanted to drive.

Do the same search on the same sites for the alter-k-tion and you'll see nothing but great real world customer reviews by guys that actually drive their cars. Fitment is great, quality is great, geometry is great and customer service is great

Joe, how many miles have you put on yours?
Posted By: 540challenger

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion - 07/22/12 10:41 PM

Another for the alterkation installed on 1 customer's car and on my own 2500 miles so far no problems. I know someone selling a e-body alterkation k-FRame might fit b-body too i have to check will Bill that Pm me if you are interested
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion - 07/22/12 10:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Joe, how many miles have you put on yours?

Have to check for exact mileage but it's over 10,000 Hard Miles.
Posted By: torqueaddict

Re: magnum force suspension vs RMS Alterktion - 07/24/12 03:15 AM

I am really interested in getting the alterktion setup but on another thread there were some serious concerns brought up about reliability and safety. If I could get some facts about RMS and the systems overall safety that would help me move closer to Alterktion
© 2024 Moparts Forums