02/14/13 12:14 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

they use the customer for final product development. Perhaps you should read Lee Iaccoca's book where he talks bout the aspen and volare when Chrysler pulled the same stunt and the consequences.

Tom that is still going on today with all manufacturers , domestic anyway and I'm not a fan of imports .

Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: Fury Fan] #1271110
02/14/13 01:09 PM
02/14/13 01:09 PM
Sugarloaf, PA. USA
J
JamiePasson Offline
super stock
JamiePasson  Offline
super stock
J

Sugarloaf, PA. USA
Quote:

Quote:

Mike,
BE CAREFUL! You are about ready to step over the line. Why do you have to bash our product the minute someone doesn't worship Keisler the way you do. ...

However, when we release the unit for production...

Sounds like the big question is how many Passons have been released into customer hands -- sounds like hte answer is zero.

However, one only has to casually follow Keisler threads to see lots of customers have had issues to sort thru. That's to be expected in such a conversion - unless you market your product with phrases such as 'PerfectFit' and 'hassle-free installation'.

Fury Fan,
You got me there. We have not put any A-855 transmissions into customer's hands yet. We never sell our products to the public to test for us. We have been testing for over a year now. There have been quite a few revisions. The final issue that we are working through is the 5th gear Reverse interlock assembly. This issue developed late in the testing phase due a change in manufacturing of the pieces that make up the interlock. It was not cost effective to use the same procedure for production that we used in development. In changing the manufacturing process, it brought up some tolerance issues that we have had to work through. These are the things that happen when you develop a new transmission. I am confident that we have taken care of the issue. We are nearly there.

I am not going to get into an SS700 bash fest here. I specifically commented to Dayclona regarding the shot he fired over my bow. This was an obvious jab at us and our product. It is a shame that he doesn't know any of the specifics about our product, yet still has to bash it because I have been honest with potential customers about an issue that we have had to work through. I don't know, to me, Dayclona making this comment make him look desperate to cut down anything not Keisler. However, everyone can make their own conclusion. However, past posting may tend to support this thought.

I guess at the end of the day, I would rather be straight up with people about where we stand than lie to them. Nobody wins in the end with that scenario.
I also don't feel the need to bash the SS700. I let the facts speak for themselves. The pictures posted are hard to argue with... You cannot deny the fact that there are issues with fitment. End of story. Now mind you, this is after the transmission case had to be indexed and redrilled, bearing retainer/throwout bearing modified and different hardware sourced. Is it me, or that a heck of a lot to have to do for a "bolt in" setup. I just can't imagine what the customer would have done that did not have a milling machine and lathe in his "garage" out back to make the modifications.

Jamie

Passon Performance 309 Turkey Path Sugarloaf, PA 18249 (570) 401 8949 www.passonperformance.com
Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: JamiePasson] #1271111
02/14/13 01:36 PM
02/14/13 01:36 PM
Indiana
F
Fury Fan Offline
master
Fury Fan  Offline
master
F

Indiana
Quote:

Fury Fan,
You got me there. We have not put any A-855 transmissions into customer's hands yet.

That wasn't meant as a criticism so I hope it didn't read that way. I was simply stating that whatever issues you have are yours alone, and not a customer's (exactly as you've said).

And you're exactly right, you solve 1 set of problems to get working prototypes, then very often solve differnt problems for the same components when you change to production processing. I see this every day at work.

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.
Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: Fury Fan] #1271112
02/14/13 02:23 PM
02/14/13 02:23 PM
Sugarloaf, PA. USA
J
JamiePasson Offline
super stock
JamiePasson  Offline
super stock
J

Sugarloaf, PA. USA
Wasn't sure how to take it. But thanks for clearing it up.
Jamie

Passon Performance 309 Turkey Path Sugarloaf, PA 18249 (570) 401 8949 www.passonperformance.com
Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: JamiePasson] #1271113
02/14/13 02:34 PM
02/14/13 02:34 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Let's see.....this thread started out as a Keisler SS700 install, which I'm sure others as well as myself would like to see the details, while I'm content with using Keisler's Tremec TKO600's, I'd sure would like to see the other Keisler offerings,...but as usual, there's always a few Passon groupies/cheerleaders that show up lifting their skirts or flapping their arms, or gums, which is fine by me,... but when one of them wants to direct a question towards me, I'll respond in turn.....it's winter what do you expect, their bored, nothing to do, or install I guess?... and as far as any "bashing", I believe I merely stated a fact, correct?....

It's probally best for the "cheerleaders" to go back to their Passon thread in the new products section and pass their time and musings over there where they'll be more 'constructive"...

Mike

Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: DAYCLONA] #1271114
02/14/13 03:09 PM
02/14/13 03:09 PM
Indiana
F
Fury Fan Offline
master
Fury Fan  Offline
master
F

Indiana
Quote:

,...but as usual, there's always a few Passon groupies/cheerleaders that show up ... but when one of them wants to direct a question towards me, I'll respond in turn.....and as far as any "bashing", I believe I merely stated a fact, correct?....

So I reread all this stuff. If you're referring to Patrick's post:
Quote:

yeah....how much does this setup cost?

makes Jamie Passon's tranny, even at ~$4500 look like a good deal

I don't think he was necessarily directing a question toward you, but perhaps just used the 'reply' button, and you were the last poster at that time.

Regardless, and I have no dog in this fight, Keisler seems to release fitment issues to the public under the moniker of PerfectFit. If they would modify their marketing rhetoric for some of the applications, to denote that mods and fab will be required, the anti-folks would have little to stand on.

As far as merely stating a fact -- if the Passon trans is being withheld while they fix that fact, then you're just shooting blanks, aren't you???

Parts I seek: driver doorpanel, 65 Sport Fury, prefer black, needs to be 7-8 on 10 scale, might buy set 16" x 6" Dodge truck wheel(s), from early 70s?, takes 9" dogdish - need for a research job so cheaper is better. 69-73 C-body caliper brackets and/or splashields Send a PM.
Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: DAYCLONA] #1271115
02/14/13 03:40 PM
02/14/13 03:40 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

but as usual, there's always a few Passon groupies/cheerleaders that show up lifting their skirts or flapping their arms, or gums, which is fine by me,... but when one of them wants to direct a question towards me, I'll respond in turn.....it's winter what do you expect, their bored, nothing to do, or install I guess?... and as far as any "bashing", I believe I merely stated a fact, correct?....

It's probally best for the "cheerleaders" to go back to their Passon thread in the new products section and pass their time and musings over there where they'll be more 'constructive"...

Mike

Pot and kettle come to mind here , maybe not you directly

And yes I have been guilty as charged on occasion , this is Moparts afterall.

Maybe if Kielser went back to sponsoring the board they might get afforded the same treatment as another sponsor ???

Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: DAYCLONA] #1271116
02/14/13 03:53 PM
02/14/13 03:53 PM
Sugarloaf, PA. USA
J
JamiePasson Offline
super stock
JamiePasson  Offline
super stock
J

Sugarloaf, PA. USA
Dayclona,
You seriously expect me to believe that there was nothing malicious or not a malicious tone used in what you said? Come on dude. Really? You must have forgotten about the emoticons included in the post. What you said was not stating a "fact". It was a smart A$$ comment because someone suggested that our product may actually be worth the money because it actually fits. A fact would have been something like: "Currently Passon is having 5th reverse interlock issues and the SS700 isn't having these issues" You said our trans is a good option as long as you don't need 5th or reverse.
What is your deal? You are acting like we have no 5th gear or reverse. The fact of the matter is that I am aiming for a better end result. We have both gears.

Dayclona,
PLEASE take some advice, think a little before you type the next time someone doesn't trip over themselves to support your master. You are WAY off base here man and you are only digging a hole for yourself. I'm not sure if you know it or not, but there are A LOT of people on this board that are not Keisler supporters because of valid issues. I know that its hard for you to believe this, but its true. Just because they may not like keisler, this does not automatically mean they like me. Whether they like me or not, I'm not sure that they are not gonna appreciate you grouping them into a "Passon cheeleaders" group, making distasteful comments about them wearing skirts and exposing themselves and talking to them like they are idiots because they don't feel they should have to go through a whole bunch of extra stuff that they were not warned about prior to purchase. You are really just coming off bad here man.

By the way, I'll let the other jab of the "nothing install" go. Besides, I would far rather our customers have a seamless install that takes a few hours.
I don't even know what to say... Are you having a rough winter or something?

Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: Fury Fan] #1271117
02/14/13 04:02 PM
02/14/13 04:02 PM
Grand Haven, MI
patrick Offline
I Live Here
patrick  Offline
I Live Here

Grand Haven, MI
Quote:

Quote:

,...but as usual, there's always a few Passon groupies/cheerleaders that show up ... but when one of them wants to direct a question towards me, I'll respond in turn.....and as far as any "bashing", I believe I merely stated a fact, correct?....

So I reread all this stuff. If you're referring to Patrick's post:
Quote:

yeah....how much does this setup cost?

makes Jamie Passon's tranny, even at ~$4500 look like a good deal

I don't think he was necessarily directing a question toward you, but perhaps just used the 'reply' button, and you were the last poster at that time.

Regardless, and I have no dog in this fight, Keisler seems to release fitment issues to the public under the moniker of PerfectFit. If they would modify their marketing rhetoric for some of the applications, to denote that mods and fab will be required, the anti-folks would have little to stand on.

As far as merely stating a fact -- if the Passon trans is being withheld while they fix that fact, then you're just shooting blanks, aren't you???

if Dayclona's undies bunching was due to my comment, I was just looking at all the issues with this "perfectfit (tm?)" "bolt in" installation....the install so far looks to be more cutting and work than it was for me to install an A500 into my M body....

heck, their website lists this text with regards to the SS700

✓All New Design

✓Made in USA

✓No Cutting ALL MODELS!!!

✓Precise Worry-free Shifts

✓700 ft/lb Torque Capacity

✓Compatible with Factory Bellhousings

✓Hassle-free Installation

they don't have prices on their website (call for quote), but in the past, their kits were in the $4000 range once it was all said and done...if Jamie's tranny is a true bolt in, and IIRC he's stated list price will be about $4500, while more expensive, it sounds like a pretty good value...

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)
Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: JohnRR] #1271118
02/14/13 08:46 PM
02/14/13 08:46 PM
Solon, Oh
Convertible Bee Offline
Convertible Bee  Offline

Solon, Oh
Quote:

I'm assuming this is in your convertibee ? If so it doesn't appear to be anything worth millions and since you are hacked a hole in the middle of your tunnel I'd just trim the required notch in the framerail to get your speedo clearnace and put the driveline back where it's supposed to be and reenforce the area , DONE ...

Well... I am going to put a notch in the framerail, still have to trm the trans to fit the arch...
i can deal with a hole for the shifter to come through, just not hacking up a bunch of original metal to fit an after market trans, if it comes to that, I'll tig the cutout back in and put the 727 back in...

better pics of the tail, 727 vs ss700

Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: Convertible Bee] #1271119
02/14/13 08:47 PM
02/14/13 08:47 PM
Solon, Oh
Convertible Bee Offline
Convertible Bee  Offline

Solon, Oh
727 stock position

Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: Convertible Bee] #1271120
02/14/13 08:48 PM
02/14/13 08:48 PM
Solon, Oh
Convertible Bee Offline
Convertible Bee  Offline

Solon, Oh
ss700 as kit intends

Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: Convertible Bee] #1271121
02/14/13 08:50 PM
02/14/13 08:50 PM
Solon, Oh
Convertible Bee Offline
Convertible Bee  Offline

Solon, Oh
ss700 lifted 1"...

still need to lift it 3/4" for correct geometry

Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: Convertible Bee] #1271122
02/14/13 11:36 PM
02/14/13 11:36 PM
NotRussia
2fast4yourBrain Offline
Whack top Dodger
2fast4yourBrain  Offline
Whack top Dodger

NotRussia
Think more grinding will get you that extra 3/4" you need?

Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: Convertible Bee] #1271123
02/15/13 11:32 AM
02/15/13 11:32 AM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

ss700 lifted 1"...

still need to lift it 3/4" for correct geometry

I would keep going till it's where it's supposed to be , otherwise then you'll have to go to the rear and adjust the pinion angle.

Here's the problem with Kiesler and the mopar muscle car market .... MOST mopar owners WILL NOT want to modify ANYTHING because they are afraid of hurting the value of the car, guilty as charged as far as my 69 GTS 383 is concerned , My 69 Bee ...

If I had a car that I was making a clone of from a less valuable model I would just hack out whatever needed to be cut so I could enjoy the car, the problem with grinding stuff off a part is the seller may use that as an excuse to VOID the warranty. You modify it ... YOU OWN IT ...

Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: JohnRR] #1271124
02/15/13 09:08 PM
02/15/13 09:08 PM
upstate western ny
sogtx Offline
master
sogtx  Offline
master

upstate western ny
Convertibee , you are a true hotrodder -youre makin
it work and thats cool ..Sorry about the way this is goin for you ,
But you seem to have it under control . Youre
Car is probably gonna rock with the ODrive.

As per Dayclonas reply , i looked hard
I googled and couldnt find any letter P
Cheerleaders around , but stumbled across these
Keisler lovers .
This was the most constructive thing i could do
After dinner while i wait for the shop to warm up.

Is shafj givin you free tranny credits every post
You make ...

.. Sorry couldnt resist ...

7589779-image.jpg (159 downloads)
Last edited by sogtx; 02/15/13 09:30 PM.
Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: sogtx] #1271125
02/16/13 01:20 AM
02/16/13 01:20 AM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass
Quote:

As per Dayclonas reply , i looked hard
I googled and couldnt find any letter P
Cheerleaders around

Oh they're around Andy,....just on a low budget is all

Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: JohnRR] #1271126
02/16/13 01:24 AM
02/16/13 01:24 AM
Solon, Oh
Convertible Bee Offline
Convertible Bee  Offline

Solon, Oh
Quote:

I would keep going till it's where it's supposed to be , otherwise then you'll have to go to the rear and adjust the pinion angle.

If I had a car that I was making a clone of from a less valuable model I would just hack out whatever needed to be cut so I could enjoy the car, the problem with grinding stuff off a part is the seller may use that as an excuse to VOID the warranty. You modify it ... YOU OWN IT ...

Own it? I'm trying just to salvage it...Lol $@#! happens

Just saying, the pictures I've posted have been sent to Shafi and whoever was linked to his email...

Stated that the geometry is off, my opinion, and what I've stated here on moparts to him...
I'll try to get an ok from him to modify the case... If I get it great, if not then I have to figure how to get around it...

I've gotten emailed ok for the housing holes + pilot... Don't see why this should be a problem either, as stated earlier the public can work out the bugs... free r&d...

no work on the bee this weekend, hit it next week...

Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: JohnRR] #1271127
02/16/13 04:35 AM
02/16/13 04:35 AM
IL
E
EchoSixMike Offline
mopar
EchoSixMike  Offline
mopar
E

IL
Quote:

Here's the problem with Kiesler and the mopar muscle car market .... MOST mopar owners WILL NOT want to modify ANYTHING because they are afraid of hurting the value of the car, guilty as charged as far as my 69 GTS 383 is concerned , My 69 Bee ...

Well, I cut up a '68 Charger 440 R/T 4 speed car to fit a T56...and ladder bars....and a 9" Strange.

I'm just posting this to see if anyone has a grabber

S/F.....Ken M

Re: Keisler SS 700 [Re: Convertible Bee] #1271128
02/16/13 10:38 AM
02/16/13 10:38 AM
Nowhere, USA
O
OUTLAW MOPAR Offline
OUTLAW MOPAR  Offline
O

Nowhere, USA
Quote:

Quote:

Own it? I'm trying just to salvage it...Lol $@#! happens

Just saying, the pictures I've posted have been sent to Shafi and whoever was linked to his email...

Stated that the geometry is off, my opinion, and what I've stated here on moparts to him...
I'll try to get an ok from him to modify the case... If I get it great, if not then I have to figure how to get around it...

I've gotten emailed ok for the housing holes + pilot... Don't see why this should be a problem either, as stated earlier the public can work out the bugs... free r&d...

no work on the bee this weekend, hit it next week...

Convertible bee I just cant fathom that you are faced with this decision to hack up a new transmission and trans crossmember to install a " no cutting all models" trans. I would hate to see what would be required if they said you would need to do mods. It is becoming very evident that Kreisler never actually tried fitting one of these in a car during design.

After all this trans is a warmed over t45 and a 96 crustang 2 valve 4.6 was killing t45s with no torque

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12