A
AndyF Offline
I Win
AndyF  Offline
I Win
A

Oregon
Quote:

Thanks for all the replies guys. I will definitely stay away from that kit. My front suspension it stock and rebuilt with all rubber bushings. I guess I was just wondering if there was anything out there that would make a car handle more like a modern car. My 70 Cuda has a new 6.4 EFI hemi and a Tremec 5 speed in it. I kept the exterior close to stock and the interior stock except new gauges. This is driven on the street and may possible take a trip to the track.
Thanks again.

No need to reinvent the wheel. Just upgrade the stock suspension as well as the wheels and tires. 13 inch brakes with 17 inch wheels and tires makes a big improvement. Add a little stiffer torsion bars, a healthy anti-sway bar and some good shocks and you're basically there.

Re: Front suspension on Ebay, what do you think? [Re: AndyF] #1224154
05/02/12 02:10 AM
05/02/12 02:10 AM
Middleton, ID
C
curleysracecars Offline
curleysracecars  Offline
C

Middleton, ID
Off topic I know...but I cant believe the difference in opinion on this forum versus others like FABO. Hopefully I dont get flamed for mentioning FABO?? LOL.
The torsion bars are a cool setup, and work well. Unfortunately, most people are more into coilovers because they think they are superior. Thumbs up for people here not jumping on the band wagon!

Kyle Curley
Re: Front suspension on Ebay, what do you think? [Re: curleysracecars] #1224155
05/02/12 12:31 PM
05/02/12 12:31 PM
Berlin, N.J.
A
abodyjoe Offline
I Live Here
abodyjoe  Offline
I Live Here
A

Berlin, N.J.
Quote:

Off topic I know...but I cant believe the difference in opinion on this forum versus others like FABO. Hopefully I dont get flamed for mentioning FABO?? LOL.
The torsion bars are a cool setup, and work well. Unfortunately, most people are more into coilovers because they think they are superior. Thumbs up for people here not jumping on the band wagon!

don't know about that.. guys at FABO are pretty divided between stock and aftermarket suspensions also.

for me. after having a rack in my car since 2006. i don't think i could ever go back to a stock type of suspension.

to the OP question. on top of what all others already said it looks like you may also need a custom oil pan also. and what about headers? it would end up costing a lot more then what that ad says to get that into you car. if you want an aftermarket r&p suspension save your pennies and buy an alter-k-tion from RMS. you won't be sorry.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

www.MoparMisfits.com
Re: Front suspension on Ebay, what do you think? [Re: JohnRR] #1224156
05/02/12 04:26 PM
05/02/12 04:26 PM
Texas
vynn3 Offline
mopar
vynn3  Offline
mopar

Texas
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I guess I was just wondering if there was anything out there that would make a car handle more like a modern car.

Sounds like you've got deep pockets. If so, there's always RMS:

http://www.reillymotorsports.com/

Everything I've ever heard about his products are positive.

vm

I'm guessing he doesn't which is why he was looking at that kit .

Guess it's all relative. To me, someone with a 6.4 hemi and a tremec has pretty deep pockets, and $3-4K on an alter-k would be par for the course.

Any one of those components is too rich for my blood.

vm

Re: Front suspension on Ebay, what do you think? [Re: Jim_Lusk] #1224157
05/03/12 12:23 AM
05/03/12 12:23 AM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
Quote:

Some of us have known that for 35 years....

Well good for YOU then.
I rarely "rubber stamp" everything that I see. I like to look at many things closely, THEN decide if there is room for improvement. If everyone just accepted things as they were, there would NEVER be any improvements. I decided to stick with Ma Mopars design after I learned more about it.

Re: Front suspension on Ebay, what do you think? [Re: Kern Dog] #1224158
05/03/12 02:21 AM
05/03/12 02:21 AM
Fresno, CA
Jim_Lusk Offline
I Live Here
Jim_Lusk  Offline
I Live Here

Fresno, CA
Quote:

Quote:

Some of us have known that for 35 years....

Well good for YOU then.
I rarely "rubber stamp" everything that I see. I like to look at many things closely, THEN decide if there is room for improvement. If everyone just accepted things as they were, there would NEVER be any improvements. I decided to stick with Ma Mopars design after I learned more about it.

All I'm saying is that some of us understood how good the Mopar front end was way back when. It wasn't all about straight line for my friends and me.

Re: Front suspension on Ebay, what do you think? [Re: Jim_Lusk] #1224159
05/04/12 08:22 PM
05/04/12 08:22 PM
Ontario,Canada
brads70 Offline
super stock
brads70  Offline
super stock

Ontario,Canada
I say stick with the stock design. When I first got my car I had planned to cut off the chassis at the firewall and build a clip for it. When I first saw the car and how rust free it was I just couldn't do it. I'm glad I didn't cut it off now! I love the challenge of making the stock design work better! It DOES work good when you add the right parts as some have previously mentioned!
Just my 2 cents...?

Page 2 of 2 1 2