rick, i agree about the bcm. the funny thing about this is i didn't unplug or move the bcm ! the door locks work using the door switches, but the rolling lock feature doesn't work now. the cel came on with a "253" code#. my monitor only says : "see dealer" in the explaination page. it cleared that code ok, but now i got a "po743", which is tcc circuit. it cleared that too, and that lasted for a while, but it's back now, and won't clear. on my test drive, the trans shifted fine, and worked as it always did, so i'm not too concerned about the converter clutch. as to the ip side of the bcm, that's the one next to the kickpanel correct ? both of those plugs weren't touched, so i really can't see where the connection would be compromised. i guess i'll just unbolt the bcm from the fuse panel so i can really see the connections, and try that. are there any fuses that the cluster connection runs thru ? say , in the under hood junction block ? thanks again rick ! i'm not afraid to tackle any repair, but this thing is driving me nutz. eric