Quote:

I have a "leaning in" 'bent' Alternator, you can see its out of line with flywheel.. this car had a A/c in it, but was ripped out, my question is , what hardware is used and what am I missing to stiffen this up? you can see from pic Im using a 3 hole triangle plate, with top hole for A/c un used. and a long shank and shalf through the front of alternator, with nothing holding the front causeing the lean, is this how the other Challengers are, everyone's lean?

what I see is you have the alt/A/C brracket from the back of the a/c comp that has the alt pivot hole

you will need to use the front a/c comp bracket that has the front pivot hole and goes across the top front of the water pump to capture the top middle wp bolt behind it...a/c brackets with out comp mounted up in stock locations

this will give the correct spaceing on the alt pivot bolt and keep it in the stock location

i cant tell if you have the a/c or non a/c pulleys if so you need the non a/c alt brackets like in the explode pic of them that was posted

the grooves look off as you only have 1 belt on the front alt groove of the double groove alt

with the a/c bracket the slide adjuster arm will bolt on the lower wp bolt and swing up to alt

with the non a/c alt brackets the swing arm bolts on the lower wp bolt along with the tri angle piece

alt bracket depends on pulleys used

removeing the a/c comp and use just the brackets is fine with the a/c pullys

you can also just remove the support rib on the neck of the wp,file smooth and run 2 short belts right off the crank to alt and leave the a/c comp and brackets in place as well.