Quote:

How would I go about finding production info for all 71 challengers, like how many RT's were built, then how many of those were formal roof, and then how many were special ordered(K - special handling & Y39), and how many had a 999 paint code. Id like to have some display signs with a little history made up to use with my car @ shows...

Galens white book for 1969-1971 will tell you how many 71 Challenger R/Ts were built along with what their Engine/Transmission combo was. Convertibles are listed seperatly from hardtops in the book. It won't have any of the more specific info you're looking for though. It sounds like what your REALLY looking for is Galens 1971 Challenger R/T Options & Accessories Report. That will give you a much better idea how many 71 Challenger R/Ts came with each option code. I'd like to get all of his options & accessories reports myself, but so far I only have part of the 70 Challenger version.

Here's Galens contact info...

website http://www.gvgovier.com/

Call or Write or email:

booksales@gvgovier.com

Galen's Tag Service, LLC.
Galen V. Govier
PO Box 516
Prairie du Chien, WI 53821-0516
(608) 326-6346 VOX
(608) 326-8061 FAX

I don't think the website gets updated very often, and it may not show the item that you're looking for. It might be better to call on the phone.

I think that having a sign for your car is an excellent idea. You have a rare and interesting car. Having the sign will let everyone know about it, instead of just those of us who can decode the tag.

Tav